WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #69 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Bridgetown, Barbados
“verry good week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I recently spent 7 days there, Sept. 09 2012, the hotel was good, staff were very helpful,especially the front desk staff. The room was spacious and well kept.I would definitely return but hope that they can improve on these 2 points. 1) TV channels - wasn't much to choose from. 2) Transportation - one can spend quite a bit on taxis - why can't the hotel offer a bit more shuttle service, i.e to malls etc.of course they can charge a per pax fee and perhaps set a time where the shuttle would be available to bring guest back. I really hope they think about this, the vehicle is parked in the front most of the time.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area have a better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Gramado, RS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went to this hotel several times for business, this time went with my wife. She liked. Very well located to visit shoppings, make some tourism.I know this hotel since 2003, and is a good option in Miami airport area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

1 Thank gramadoexport
lacygne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband's job booked us here and it was a nice surprise. The room was large, clean and had a beautiful "tropical" view. The windows opened and we could actually touch the palm trees outside out window, even when it rained (a little every day) it was still beautiful. I was able to take the bus or a taxi everywhere I wanted to go. It was fairly quiet and though very busy we could tell they were trying to keep the hallways clean, though it seemed cereal from breakfast was tracked upstairs and vendor flyers were Everywhere! We could walk to decent restaurants in the strip mall to the east of the hotel. Since it was a block from the main street we couldn't hear traffic noise. On the other hand, it must have been on the flight path to MIA, mostly in the morning and late evening we could practically see in the plane windows, I mean the landing gear was down they were so close. My husband got tired of me asking "what is that noise?" every few minutes! After a few days I got used to it, but don't expect to sleep in! Some of the people spoke english, at least a little, though the shuttle driver dropped me off at the wrong entrance to MIA because we couldn't communicate well enough. The bathroom fan did not work at all so we had to put up with foggy mirrors, and the switch to the bathroom light was behind the door so when you opened the door you couldn't get to the light without closing it again! Odd and annoying. The breakfast was awful by my standards and after the first day I didn't plan on trying to eat it. Mostly just sweets and boiled eggs. Even the coffee was substandard. But these were small issues. Overall I enjoyed the comfortable bed (we had a king sized bed). There was a nice couch and desk. The location was only minutes from the mall and MIA, when the traffic was good it was less than 30 minutes to Miami Beach. Overall, I was pleased.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third flood over the pool, which I never saw anyone use, so I can't attest t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Overall our stay was excellent - clean room, quiet hotel. Only issue was the elevator was out of order after 10PM and still not working next morning. I was glad we were on the 2nd floor and not the 6th.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Lehigh Acres, Florida, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have stayed at this location many times, only in the past year has the sheets been an issue. Once they had stains and more recently found a bug ( not bed bug). Overall this is in a good location and recent remodeling brought it more up to date and contemporary.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank eyelady88
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel. I used to stay at several other hotels near Miami airport -some great but overpriced- until I found La Quinta just west of the airport. I like it a lot, especially for the staff friendliness, free wifi and breakfast. I only wish the breakfast plates, bowls, cups and cutlery weren't disposable. All in all, this hotel is a great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

3 Thank c7ed
Boynton Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here for a night on our way to the keys. We enjoyed it very much. Very clean and quiet. No complaints at all! The front desk staff was very helpful and extremely nice. I was extra pleased because, even though very small, I was able to use the exercise room in the morning before we checked out. Great stay!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JCTravel16
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Doral
Candlewood Suites Miami Airport West
Quality Inn Miami Airport Hotel
Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Extended Stay America - Miami - Airport - Doral - 87th Avenue South

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport West? Share your experiences!