“Well run hotel with attentive and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #34 of 120 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Milton Keynes
“Well run hotel with attentive and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

Stayed 3 nights on 15th floor overlooking Miami International. Large room, spotlessly clean with all the facilities you would expect from a 4 star hotel. Professional staff in all departments who were obviously well trained and keen to pamper their guests. French cuisine with a latin touch, I ate in each night, restaurant menu available in bar & lounge if you wanted a casual experience. Free wirelss in the lobby, a gym and an outdoor swimming pool with bar and snack service. Concierge staff were most helpful in arranging tours and day trips nothing too much trouble. I normally fly into Miami and then connect to Fort Myers but will in future stay over at the Sofitel as part of the unwinding process.Yes it is a little more expensive than some hotels but you get what you pay for. Delighted to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Globaltraveller55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Quito, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

It is a great hotel for the price, extremely nice, clean and great staff. I was there at a busy time and still felt like and important guest. The one BIG WARNING is beware what room you are assigned!!! I was staying at a suite, and it was located right next to the ice machine and service elevator.. I never heard street noise, or other guests, but I heard EVERY time the service door creaked open, creaked closed and then slammed shut, also EVERY time someone got Ice we were all woken up! We could here service personnel speaking loudly and sometimes yelling for things, when they got beds out, EVERYTHING! and we heard everything from the upper floor ice machine and service area as well! IT WAS A HORRIBLE NIGHT SLEEP EVERY NIGHT... They kept waking up my babies, it was a hot mess! But I´m sure this would not have been the case had my room been FAR from this area, so just make sure you request the furthest room available from the elevator/service area/ice machines!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

We Received vouchers from American Airlines for 2 rooms due to a delayed flight. We were told that this was a really nice place. They lied! This was the nastiest hotel I've ever been in. All of the lobby and the room furniture was old, worn, soiled, faded, ripped in some places, and even had crumbs in them. The windows looked like they had never been washed, the elevator buttons were faded and cracked, and the tables in the lobby were flat out dirty. Plus, both of the rooms had such a strong chemical smell that I couldn't stay in there; I had to go to the lobby just to breathe! If this is considered a 'nicer' hotel in Miami, I'd hate to see one that's worse than this.

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank jedilori
SofitelMiami, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay.

The cleanliness of our rooms and public areas is of the utmost importance to us. We can assure you that we have immediately taken the necessary measures to address the situation with our team in order to prevent any future occurence.

Best regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

My mother and I stayed at this hotel on our way home from a cruise. I prepaid for this room months ago and got a very good price. However, upon our arrival, we were given a room on the second floor that had a totally obstructed view of the lagoon. There was a huge, white colored enclosed tent/canopy extending the entire length of this side of the building. So, all we got to see when we pulled the drapes open was this monstrosity. No view whatsoever. So, naturally we didn't want to look at this tent/canopy, so we never had the drapes open. I also requested a smoking room, so I guess this room is where we evil smokers get relegated to - to the second floor room with no view. (I have stayed in other hotels that allow smoking and have NEVER been put in such a room as this one.) Additionally, the interior of this room was anything but luxurious and the carpet needed replacing a long time ago. I also noted there was not a top sheet on either bed. Bottom line - I am not sure if I got this room because I reserved it at a prepaid, special internet rate or because I am a smoker. But either way, the room was sub-par. If it was because of the special internet rate, then when I called the hotel they should have told me the room would be substandard due to the rate I paid. If I was given this room because I am a smoker, then if the hotel does not want smokers as guests then they should not offer rooms to smokers. To give an inferior room to a guest for possibly either one of these reasons is wrong because my money is as good as any other guest who stays there. And if it wasn't for either of these reasons, then this hotel needs to stop touting itself as a "luxury" property in Miami as I experienced firsthand anything but "luxury." I also inquired about the business center as I needed to print out my airline tickets. I was told there was a computer and printer I could use for this task. However, when I went print out my tickets, there was no printer connected to the network. although there was a printer in the business center. I had to have the concierge go onto his computer to do this for me. I will not stay here again when I am in Miami.

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank RUReadytoTravel
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

The restaurant is very good, the staff is excellent, the facilities are very nice, but the location is. . . strange. If you have to go to one of the corporate facilities located nearby, great choice. If not, the traffice from this location to anywhere else you might want to be can be very difficult. My only gripes about the hotel are that the windows in the rooms do not open (I just don't understand why any Miami hotel would have sealed windows. When one comes from up north in December / January / February, an open window is the most important feature of any hotel in Miami.) and the was not adquately lit; too dark most of the time.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

The Sofitel is very close to Miami airport, offers a free shuttle which we only had to wait a few minutes for. Rooms were clean and roomy and beds were comfy, but no top sheet which I don't care for,,,just a duvet. Ordered room service the night before for breakfast and it was delivered right on time. We ate dinner in the bar and it was good food. No coffee pot in the room, but they brought one on request, altho they do have a Starbucks in the lobby. Very nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family