“Dog friendliest place in the US”

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #40 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Dog friendliest place in the US”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I have stayed at the Sofitel Paris as well as the Sofitel Miami Airport and can honestly say they have the friendliest staff I have encountered in the US. My yorkie was welcomed, the rooms are clean and gorgeous, the location is secluded and safe....perfect place. I lived in Miami for 28 years and can say it is a true oasis. Going back this weekend !

• Stayed October 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Stayed there after a cruise. The staff especially the concierge, Rafaele, were fantastic. Rafaele was helpful even before we arrived. I had phoned a couple of weeks before to get restaurant recommendations for the area so I could make a reservation and he was extremely knowledgeable and pointed us to Ortanique on the Mile, which was outstanding. When we arrived our boys wanted to use the tennis courts so the hotel provided racquets and balls and when I asked for extra towels and pillows they also brought up lots of extra shampoo, etc. which were by L'Occitane and were heavenly. Also provided lots of helpful shopping information. Generous sized room. Lovely restaurant - great food, reasonably priced for a hotel and good sized portions. I

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Minnesota
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed here for one night in January and it was great. The room was really nice and although we could see the airport out our window, there was no noise. The bed was quite comfortable.

The hotel was easy to find and I was glad that just blocks away was a CVS. Casa Juan, a Cuban restaurant nearby was also good but the portions were huge so two adults can split just one plate.

It was raining hard the morning we left and as they did not have umbrellas, the shuttle bus operator offered to take my husband out to his car. They were also very helpful with the basics like moving our luggage, holding doors, etc.

I didn't know what to expect but for just a one night stay before catching another flight, the Sofitel was great!

Toronto
Reviewed January 18, 2010

Spent the night before our cruise with NCL (wished we would have skipped the cruise). A beautiful European hotel comparable to 4 Seasons properties. Very chic outdoor oasis with well manicured grounds and pool. Spectacular room with unbelievable bed and soft bedding. All of the staff were attentive, polite and hospitable. The restaurant was pricey, but offered well presented, tasty food. Only 5 minutes from the airport, but not a traditional airport hotel. I have recommended this hotel to my mom ;-) and will be back when I am in Miami

1 Thank tdcguy
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 17, 2010

Stayed here by necessity before embarking for a trip to South America. It was really very nice -- very modern, nice pool, clean rooms, modern snazzy restaurant. For the price, the accomodations were really pretty darn nice. One caveat is to watch the food/bar prices. The restaurant is very alluring and presents itself as very upscale -- including the pricing. The food just doesn't hold up to the prices (admittedly, I am a foodie). Somehow, between the $20 cheese plate at the bar and dinner, two of us manged to spend $150 bucks in our 4 short hours there -- not really what you want to do if you're just overnighting for an international trip!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank Vieve3
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 13, 2010

We stayed at the Sofitel for the Orange Bowl, since it was a sponsered hotel of the O.B. Anyway, there was really no problem the first day we were there, but we were woken up at 7 a.m. by a banging and scratching sound going on in the room next to ours. Apparently, the hotel thought that 7 a.m. was a good time to do renovations with an occupied room next door. When my husband took a shower, the tub filled with over 3 inches of water. After making our way down to the lobby, I very discreetly and politely told the front desk of the noise and shower issues. She agreed to move our room and gave us free coffee. That was it. No partial refund on the room, no free breakfast for being woken up, nothing. Then, when we were inquiring about transportation to the game, the hotel had nothing arranged to transport the numerous amount of fans to the game. Keep in mind, this was a sponsoring hotel of the game. So, after spending over $120.00 on transporation (cab) to and from the game and being woken up early in the morning, we were not happy. not to mention, the hotel itself looks VERY worn. The walls, carpet, etc are scuffed, marked and damaged. Not what we expected from Sofitel. Marriott is much nicer. No coffemaker in room, either. We wouldn't stay there again.

1 Thank Dskooch
Gulf Beaches, Florida
Reviewed January 12, 2010

I was recently a businsess trip to the Miami area. After one night in South Beach I looked for a convenient location to work from as a hub. I found the Sofitel Hotel near the airport. What a suprise! I had never stayed at one before. They have nice sized rooms, very clean, awesome beds and linens, very well appointed. Flat screen LCD TV's and great furniture. Granite top in bathroom. Great prices after doing an online search too. Wonderful staff with a little French flair. I would not hesitate to come back with my family either. The only downer is that you have to pay for a T-mobile hot spot wireless hook up that runs about 8 bucks a day.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business