“A modern hotel... actually awesome one!” 5 of 5 bubbles

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #44 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Pembroke Pines, Florida
“A modern hotel... actually awesome one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2009

This is probably one of the best airport hotels I've ever seen, and I've seen many! Top notch rooms, cleanliness, service. Fantastic breakfast and excellent dinners in hotel's restaurants. A beautiful, beautiful hotel!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
4 Thank InterMMiami

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

Front staff seems pleasant at first but would try to blame you for docoding the room key, convince you to rent a car through them (tell you that they are the cheapest, which they aren't), then kicks you out of unused part of the lobby (saying it is restricted).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Grand Rapids, mI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2009

This hotel was beautiful!!! I was kind of hesitant to book it because of some of the negative reviews it received but I'm glad I did! The majority of the bad reviews were from the beginning of the year so maybe they have updated since then. The staff was very friendly. Conceirge was helpful. Check in was fast. We came back from a cruise at 8am and check in wasn't until 3pm. They were able to find us a room and get us checked in early around 9am. The decor was beautiful. Everything was decorated for christmas. The lobby and lounge and bar areas were gorgeous. I didn't make it into the restaurant but it looked nice from the bar. The pool was nice. I don't swim so I didn't pay too much attention to it. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. It was weird not having a sheet to cover up with, just a comforter, but the comforter was soft and warm so it was fine. The pillows were extra soft!! There was also a free shuttle to and from the airport. Even though it is close to the airport, we didn't hear any of the planes! I read one review that said the walls were then and they heard their neighbors. We stayed on 2 different nights and didn't hear a thing. There's a small shopping plaza about a 10 min walk away. It has a grocery store, coffee shop with wi-fi, cuban food, fast food and a gas station. So everything is very convenient. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsCovington
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2009

I only stayed 1 night (transit overnight) and booked a junior suite (managed to find a great rate online). The room was absolutely fantastic and better than expected for what I paid. Huge bedroom with the most sumptuous and ultra comfortable huge bed - fluffy feather pillows and duvet.
Large separate lounge area with word desk.
Nice bathroom though not huge. Amazing view over the lagoon. Quiet room however every now and again you could hear a plane taking off / landing though it wasn't a disturbance in any way.
I ordered room service for dinner and have to say that I wasn't impressed with this service at all. The line rang forever with no one picking up so I had to call the front desk who finally put me through to room service.
I ordered a glass of wine with my meal and they could not tell me how many millilitres it contains (I needed a large glass of wine - long journey!! and didn't want to have to order 2 small glass of wine when 1 large glass could suffice. A bottle was too expensive. I was finally told it contains 20ml - what a joke! Clearly they meant 200 ml but she was not convinced and maintained that it contains only 20ml. Is she an idiot?
The food was nice though the room service salad crazy expensive for what it was and not value for money.

Anyway, that was the only bad point. Breakfast in the restaurant was lovely and service superb.

Check out was quick & efficient and the (free) shuttle bus on time. About 10-15 minutes from the airport.

All in all I can recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank whichwayup
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

We stayed at the Sofitel instead of more expensive hotels in downtown Miami and Miami Beach. We were surprised with how nice the lobby and rooms were. The bed was huge and super comfortable. The bathroom was extremely clean. Airport noise is there, but not an issue at all. You can hear the planes take off and land, but we slept through it each night with no problems.

You'll definitely need a car to get to all the good stuff to do in Miami. It's about 15 minutes to downtown Miami and 25 minutes to Miami Beach by car.

My only complaint is about the restaurant. It was really expensive but our only option at 9pm on our arrival night. (Not many restaurants around this area.) The food was decent, but the service was awful. We waited 45 minutes for our check. Annoying and not worth $60 for a salad and entree.

Other than that, I'd highly recommend this hotel as an alternative to the other outrageously priced options in Miami.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank plexiglasss
Washington State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

This hotel is an ok place to stay prior to a cruise (one of NCL's night before hotels). Hotel food and drinks are very (too) expensive (left the hotel to find dinner, area is not near eating establishments), rooms are fine. Hotel is near the airport, not near the pier. Conciere staff is confusing, absentminded, and, in addition, gave out incorrect directions to an alternate dinner location. This hotel is a stop over for cruisers, good for just about that. Will not stay here again, will move down to the Bayfront area.

• Stayed November 2009
2 Thank Wilma58
New Orleans
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

My friend booked this hotel for us when we visited Miami in October. I was a little apprehensive about staying here after reading some of the reviews. I must say I'm glad we decided to stay after all. Inside our room you wouldn't know you're across the highway from the airport. No noise or vibration at all. The decor is nice. The beds are sooo comfortable. The staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful, opening/holding doors open for us and offering smiles and greetings. We had a minor problem and it was handled efficiently and effectively. I would reccommend having a rental car when staying in Miami as everything is a short drive away. Taxi rates would eat away at your pockets. I will definitely stay here again when visiting Miami.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends