“Excellent one night stopover at Miami airport”

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #41 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Poole, Dorset
“Excellent one night stopover at Miami airport”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This was really amazing value for money. A very nice, clean room in a very attractive hotel (for an airport hotel) and very friendly helpful staff. The breakfast was good too. We had a drink the evening we arrived (no dinner as we had eaten on the plane) and with bed and breakfast we paid less than £115. For the quality of service, comfort etc this was exceptional.

Room Tip: Top floor which was great.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Birchdale10
Fadhel_Tahar, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Miami. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied; I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories.

Sofitel strives to offer its guests a fine dining experience through demonstrating the French Art de Recevoir. Our restaurant ambassadors will gladly make any suggestions based on your preferences the next time you dine with us. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay with us most enjoyable.

Fadhel Tahar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night in July while on vacation. From entering the parking lot to check out we had phenomenal customer service! Each interaction we had with employees at the front desk, restaurant, bell hop and the attendant in parking were wonderful! Employees cared about the hotel and our stay.

The exterior is dated but rooms are updated and maintained. If you need noise to sleep I suggest downloading an app or bringing a sound machine as the AC is very quiet. The only thing that would have benefited our stay would be a mini fridge in our room.

Overall, highly recommend this hotel! Parking is $9 a night. It is in a great location. Oh and be sure to enjoy the fruit water at check in!.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KSo75
Sao Paulo
Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I and family have stayed here on innumerous occasions mainly due to the proximity of the airport. This hotel has had its ups and downs.
The price is excellent suggesting it is not a Sofitel and should perhaps be rebranded to either Pullman or McGallery. The place has had a relative refurbishment - it appeared mainly to be repainting only. The rooms are a good size but the inside handle of the bathroom door came off in my wife's hand and fell and bruised her foot. This was reported but never repaired.
The staff are all excellent especially the consierge, the bell hops and the restaurant breakfast staff.
One point of contention is that external pizza parlour fliers are still placed under the doors. (4 times during our stay). This is obviously a lack of security as anyone can get into the hotel which has no CCTV cameras on the floors. On top of which it is not what one expects of a Sofitel. I cannot imagine that in London, Paris, Munich, Amsterdam, Lisbon etc where we stay regularly

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
NORFOLK
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I do have a bias: I've always wanted to stay at a Sofitel, but never had the opportunity (or the budget--check the rates for the Sofitel Washington or Philadelphia and see what I mean). However, the rate at the Sofitel Miami was amazing and it was the "preferred hotel" for my company when visiting Miami. Check-in was fairly easy and I felt welcome. The room, which was clean and modern, could not hide the fact it was an older property (or just hasn't aged well). The bathroom was also clean, but again by looking at the tub one could tell it was an older property. The best feature by far was the bed. I have not slept that well in ages. Great high-quality linens and very comfortable bed.

Service was very good. Wonderful bell staff. At one point I was offered a bottle of water upon departure as I was heading to the gym for a workout (see next paragraph). Although I did not dine at the restaurant, I did eat at the Le Bar. One can order food late (until 11ish for actual restaurant food and midnight for bar food, but don't hold me to that) and they have good happy hour specials. Service at the bar was great.

The only negatives are (1) the aging property, which I already discussed, (2) no whirlpool at the pool area (just my preference) and (3) the poor workout facility. Yes, there are some cardio machines, free weights, a water cooler and even fresh fruit. However, the universal machine was lacking a "d-ring" so you could not attach one of the straps to the equipment to do arm curls or chest presses (I know I'm not using the right terminology, but I think you gym buffs get my drift). I alerted hotel staff about this. Plus there was a 50 lb barbell missing (they had two of every barbell up to 60 lbs, almost). I wasn't able to do a decent workout, hence me leaving the property to workout at a complete facility.

In sum, a great hotel with great staff and wonderful bar/eating options. Even with my negatives, it is the best value you will find for a Sofitel, and I will be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Fadhel_Tahar, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Bonjour Joseph,

Thank you very much for your compliments on the comfort of our beds which is very important to all Sofitel Hotels around the world. Our SoBed concept consists of a firm mattress, a soft featherbed fluffed daily by hand by our housekeeping ambassadors, and a light duvet on top. Our sheets are of the highest quality and each element can be adjusted to our guests’ preference to make their stay with us most comfortable.

I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in our SoFit fitness center and can assure you that we have immediately taken the appropriate measures to address the situation with our Director of Engineering in order to make the necessary maintenance.

Our relationship with our guests is of utmost importance. We look forward to welcoming you again soon for another magnifique night!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The staff was nice and helpful, from the airport shuttle driver, to front desk and room service staff. The room was big, clean, well-appointed and had a delightfully comfortable bed. I wish it had not been a crash-pad-after-customs-spot, I would have liked to enjoy the site more fully. 24 hour room service looked super too. Got to the airport easily by 6am with zero stress and a nice cup of Starbucks, too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Shannon L
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Miami. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories. Our entire team is looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,