“Nice Hotel for airport link”

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 23, 2014

didn't actually book this one myself as previously booked by family. Probably more expensive than other options in the same area but all in all, quite reasonable for our party with complimentary transport to and from the airport. Eight of us used this facility. Rooms OK but feel dated . Did not use the restaurant but did have evening snacks which were of a reasonable standard. Coffee and croissants for breakfast at the coffee shop.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Fadhel_Tahar, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at Sofitel Miami.

Our entire team is looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Fadhel Tahar

Write a ReviewReviews (4,074)

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com
3  Thank Austin W

Reviewed April 20, 2014

This was very convenient to the airport and is a step above the usually airport hotels. Stayed two nights, one at the beginning and one at the end of the trip. The airport van was nice enough to wait for us to get down from our room. Eat outside on the patio for dinner and breakfast which was nice. The service in the restaurant could be better. They did not seem to realize that a cup should come with the tea pot. They sat one couple with a child at a table with two chairs and the gentleman had to pull a chair over from another table. But the food was good. Would definitely stay here again if I had a layover in Miami.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Miami. Our central location allows fast and easy access to the airport or the Port of Miami which is greatly appreciated by frequent travelers. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve upon our services and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

This hotel claims luxury accomodation but is at most average. The restaurant is a nig problem, a coffee takes 10 minutes and then they bring your wrong order... You have better choices nearby. The room is confortable but nothing especial. The wifi did not eork in my room, even after i called assistance, which was a resl issue to me.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Regina L

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at Sofitel Miami. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve upon our services and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I have reviewed your comments and concerns. I take them very seriously. We offer Lite wireless internet access for basic browsing at no charge. We also offer a faster connection with our Enhanced wireless internet access for a fee of $14.95 per day. You should have been informed of this service upon your arrival. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Our relationship with our guests is very important to us. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Sofitel.com

Reviewed April 17, 2014

I'll start with the BOTTOM LINE AS STATED IN MY TITLE - I THINK YOU CAN AND SHOULD DO A LOT BETTER AT MIAMI INTL AIRPORT FOR A HOTEL IN THIS PRICE RANGE!

I gave them an overall poor rating due to some serious service and safety issues and because the rooms didn't seem to have been COMPLETELY remodeled in many, many years, if ever.

I'll start with the positive: The lobby was quite nice. The staff was professional overall although sometimes lacking in providing information and at least one staff member was a bit argumentative and dismissive when questions about lack of info or safety issues were raised. It was good to have an iron in the room and the provided toiletries were lovely. The room was also large and the a/c worked great. Also, the bed was quite comfortable and the room relatively quiet.

Now for the negatives:

The biggest for me is that I suffered an injury there and no one seemed to care. Now that I'm home it's hurting even worse and I'm very unhappy that I'm suffering from what I see as negligence on their part. A few details about that are later in the review. Hopefully this is not a common occurrence there and I know people want relevant property details as follows:

First, it is an older property by Miami standards and the bathtub and carpet were "ancient" and in my opinion, rather nasty. There was no refrigerator in the room and no coffee facilities either so you either had to wait for expensive room service or do without. (With all due respect, I suppose if you find deprivation, antiquity and inconvenience to be part of the authentic "French experience" and you are looking for that, this hotel would work for you. However, this hotel is in Miami competing with many excellent hotels in the same price range, not in Paris.)

Second, they did not do a good job of communicating when the shuttle ran (very important for weary international travelers) and I almost missed my flight back to my home as a result. (Of course, I could have called a cab, but at these prices, I didn't feel I should have had to and would have accommodated myself to their schedule if I'd only been given the information beforehand. I was too tired and weary from flying all night and not sleeping on the plane when I arrive (NOTE – DUE TO SPACE LIMITAIONS THIS IS THE END OF WHAT I COULD SUBMIT TO THE HOTEL DIRECTLY) d and still weary from travel and too busy repacking to return home the next AM to think to ask which is why I try to stay at "top notch" hotels that anticipate this and provide necessary info in some manner upfront. I do not care to be stressed when I travel especially when a simple word from staff or info sheet at check in would have solved the problem, something I consider to be part of the service I'm paying for at this level of hospitality).

In addition, they did not tell me about the early check in fee when I arranged the privilege by phone in advance even though they easily could have and it might have made a difference where I stayed. (The fee was fair but they should have told me when I reserved an early check in over the phone 6 months ago - not when I arrived after traveling for 30 hours. It is part of fair and excellent "service", in my opinion and it didn't happen here.)

Finally, I injured myself by falling to the floor when a broken and unstable "vintage" high chair in their coffee shop turned over and took me with it. When I called my injury and what I consider to be an important safety issue to the hotel staff's attention they were somewhat defensive and dismissive, especially the coffee shop manager on duty. She didn't seem at all concerned that I fell to the floor from a high chair in her shop and was hurt from the fall and in pain. In fact, I'm still seriously hurting from what I consider to be an avoidable accident on their part. Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the French or anyone else but if you consider having important matters dismissed out of hand in a rather cavalier fashion part of the "French experience" and this
is what you are looking for in Miami, you may be in luck in choosing this hotel.

Even the pool was closed and I was told to go the Hyatt to use a pool. I thought to myself at the time, perhaps I should have booked at the Hyatt or some other American chain that provides the comfort, convenience and service that seasoned American travelers expect in their own country. After all, they cost about the same. This was before I saw the somewhat poor state of the actual room.

All of these issues took me by surprise because I consider the Sofitel brand to be of consistent quality but consistency was not present in my experience with this particular Sofitel. Overall, I think you can do a lot better at the Miami airport in this price range. I stayed at a much lovelier hotel with far better service for about the same price inbound. However, I thought it would be nicer to stay at the Sofitel on the way home which I felt sure would be excellent given their reputation and my past history with them in other cities. Sadly, this was not the case at the Miami International Airport location and due to this experience, I will think long and hard before booking again at a Sofitel anywhere.

Room Tip: In my opinion you should look for a better room in another hotel. If they've remodeled some of...