“Good service but the hotel is old.”

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #43 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Front desk staffs are nice and seems professional, the lady at the parking is also nice but our maid doesn't speak english and keeps talking in spanish to us. The bed is really soft and comfy. Our room is a bit small. I feel like I'm living in a jail that had nice decorations... The building is really old, eventhough they try to renovate it abit I still can tell that it's around 20 years old. We can hear clearly when someone scratching carpets from above us. TV's screen is a little bit too small compare to other hotels. I think Sofitel should close this hotel for renovation for a while... or just demolish the building and build a new one. I didn't mean to be harsh but I think the hotel really need some work done :l

• Stayed: August 2013
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Sofitel Miami. Excellent service is what we strive to be known for; therefore, your feedback is extremely important as it helps us to improve upon our services and provide a memorable experience to our valued guests.

I am truly sorry that your experience did not fully meet your expectations, and I am very pleased to inform you that we are planning major renovations within the next few months..

We look forward to welcoming you back to a fully renovated Sofitel Miami with the same excellence service.

Balendra Nagesvaran

Write a ReviewReviews (4,071)

Reviewed August 15, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We sayed here just for one night but wished it was for longer. The free shuttle to and from airport was convenient. The staff were very friendly. The rooms were very large and clean, and so was the bathroom. Very nice Lanvin amenities. The bed was very comfortable. The view from the room was beautiful. The pool was refreshing and clean, with beach towels provided right at the poolside. The landscaping was also very nicely done. There is a shopping plaza within a 10 minute walking distance with a supermarket and restaurants, so you don't have to eat at the hotel. There were two internet options, one free at normal speed and the other paying with a higher speed, but the free one was good enough for checking emails and browsing the web. The only thing we found a bit on the down side was that breakfast is very expensive. It's very good quality breakfast, but you end up paying about 20 dollars a person. We could have walked to the shopping plaza and had a Cuban breakfast at the Cuban restaurant there, but we were a bit lazy to do so in the early morning. Check out at noon is a plus, though, as it gives us time to enjoy the pool and take our time before checking out. It was a nice and relaxing overnight stay after a long flight from Paris. I definitely will come here again on my next trip to Miami.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willowcat95
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

We are delighted that you had a great experience at Sofitel Miami. Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectation, and we thank you for taking the time to share your story.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Sofitel and hopefully for a longer visit. It will be our pleasure to have another opportunity to show you the gracious hospitality and superb service for which we are known throughout the world.

With all my best regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2013

The staff was very kind and efficent at all times; room was very big with a nice size LCD; restaurant was also nice and Carlos gave a special touch to our first meal in Miami; drinks at the bar with aperitifs were fantastic; would definitely recommend to anyone for a short stay in Miami being close to the airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a beautiful view
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

We are delighted to know that you will keep excellent memories of your stay with us, and it is with great pleasure that I will personally recognize Carlos, our restaurant ambassador, for his excellent service.
Our entire team is looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I stayed at Sofitel a few days ago and in July 2013. Both were for an overnight stay for a connection the next morning from MIA. Before I always stayed at the Airport Hotel and other area hotel.

I really should have tried Sofitel years ago as I have frequent stop overs in Miami for work. Where should I start - let's not compare them to other hotels I've stayed in the doral area. Very friendly staff, great rooms which that me sleeping like a baby. Needed after a long day of travel. I used the hotel shuttle once and the driver was super wonderful, professional and friendly.

The rooms are clean, well designed, comfortable. I felt safe there as a single woman traveller. The daily free papers are useful if you are still love the feel of newspapers. On my first visit, there was coffee in the room, but this room didn't have. So perhaps enquire if you want a cup before you leave your room. There's a starbucks on the ground floor and a gorgeous pool. Free basic wifi that allows you to connect to skype, watts app, bb, if you don't have US phone service. Its only 10 mins or less from the airport. Really super close and convenient. Taxis are available for shopping/eating trips. If you have a car, you have to pay for parking -I think its just under 10.0 for 24 hours.

Looking forward to my next visit. Thanks Sofitel!

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room and one facing the lagoon. Really pretty at nights.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DingSLU

Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience and are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another Magnifque moment.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel has a nice inside decor to it. The outside by the pool need some work. The staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. They really like their job. It was my friend 50th birthday and they surprised us with a cake, balloons, card, strawberries and champagne. We enjoyed the hotel very much and will stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with such pleasant memories. We enjoy incorporating of our philosophy of Cousu Main in which we create emotion, surprise and pleasure for our guests through our attention to detail and passion of excellence.

I will gladly share your comments with our team. I am sure that it will serve as encouragement to all of our Ambassadors to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance. We are looking forward to your next stay with us at the Sofitel.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

What a difference from the brothel I experienced the night before. From the moment we took the parking ticket we were greeted with a smile and direction. Laurie, at the front desk, became the face of Sofitel to us. She welcomed us with a warm smile which later became friendly hugs and kisses. She was kind, considerate, professional, easy to talk to and made registering very smooth. Frank, not only helped us with our bags, he offered us bottles of water after our trip. Upon opening the door to our room, I became quite emotional and Frank in his surprise, reached out and hugged me and reassured me that all would be fine. It has been the best vacation! My son's 17th birthday stay was perfect! It became a honeymoon as well. Jaime, Pablina, Angelica and Diego became our extended family. Maria, at the front desk, was fabulous in speaking English and Spanish, so that hubby could understand everything being that he is Irish and I Puerto Rican. Our stay was a peaceful time at the United Nations. We met people from all over the world. It was a trip within a trip. I shall be grateful to this staff eternally for giving me tranquility, my family unity and an affordable vacation that will be remembered for a lifetime. We look forward to visiting our Sofitel family again!!!

Room Tip: People here are totally kind and super helpful. Room Upgrades should soon be contemplated. Thought...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

The quality of our service is of up most importance to us, and I am delighted to know that you had the opportunity to fully experience our ambassadors’ passion for excellence.

Thank you for your kind words, and we are looking forward to your next stay with us at the Sofitel!

Warm regards,