“Best hotel in FL..and I travel all the time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel

You added PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel to your Saves list
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5800 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Sofitel Miami)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Exclusive 15% Discount!
Ranked #35 of 120 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Wading River, New York
“Best hotel in FL..and I travel all the time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I am a motivational speaker and travel 1/2 of the month all over the US. This was my first time staying at a Sofitel and they blew me away. The customer service was incredible! I am a Platinum member with a few hotel chains but I would switch to this hotel in a second. I only wish they had more hotels throughout the US, but one thing is for sure....this is my only hotel I will stay at in Miami.

BTW, this is a very upscale hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your excellent review and for becoming a loyal guest to Sofitel. Our ambition is to create a harmonious balance between the pleasure of feeling at home and the exquisite feeling of being elsewhere. I am very pleased to know that you will be back soon for another incredible experience in any of our many properties around the world.
With all my warmest regards,

Turin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I have been using this hotel for my private holidays in Miami Area, in spite of being at a stone throw from the airport (I love civil aviation) for the last 7 years, staying minimum 7 nights. One very seldom gets this service anywere, unless you go to 5 stars hotels in Asia.
The hotel really needs a refresh now and I have told that works will start very shortly, so I do hope to get the "new" Sofitel Miami during my next possible visit in November!
Thank you to all the staff, especially to sweet Natalia.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Giuseppe C
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are very proud of all of our team members who share daily their passion for excellence by creating emotion, surprise and pleasure for each of our guests. I will certainly recognize Natalia on your behalf for her dedication to customer service. She is a true ambassador to the Sofitel Miami.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in November,
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was actually booked into a different hotel but for unsaid reason I had to swap hotels at last minute. Check in was superb including my request for a fridge in my room which was delivered promptly. Room was very nice and clean, extra comfy bed. Room service was great with quick turnaround and all of the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was refreshing to see that the staff seemed to actually enjoy their jobs and it very much showed in the service that they provided. Location of the hotel to my Miami office was perfect as well as close to major shopping - Dolphin Mall a must visit. I would defintely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Sofitel Miami for your last minute reservation. It was a real pleasure to have you with us, and we hope you will make our hotel your choice of accommodation for all your upcoming business trips.
We are very fortunate to have ambassadors who demonstrate daily their passion for excellence by offering a unique service from the heart. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Most of the times we go to Miami, we stay at Sofitel Miami Airport Hotel, very easy to get there, we are close to everything (Dolphin Mall, beaches, Ocean Drive) it has a shuttle for the Dolphin Mall, the rooms are big, personnel very nice and very good prices

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for being such a loyal guest to the Sofitel Miami.
We look forward to your next visit for more shopping at the nearby malls and Luxury plazas.
Warm regards,
Port of Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

After my Sofitel experience at Heathrow and Gatwick, Miami was a great disappointment. The hotel seems extremely dated and can do with significant renovation. The Elevators seem very old with the brass having a discolored finish from wear. My room was not ready on check-in and I was given a room on the 4th floor. The carpet in the corridor smelled as though it had been shampooed many times and had a resulting musty smell. The room was quite clean and comfortable in the Sofitel tradition but while there i never got the room phone to receive calls from outside of the hotel even after several reports were made to the front desk. I had room service for breakfast and although the quality of the food was good they forgot my toast. All in all it was a sub par hotel experience especially for a Sofitel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Gypsiking
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Your loyalty to Sofitel is extremely important to us, and I am very sorry to read about your disappointments in our product. Major renovations will take place by the end of the year. We hope to have another opportunity to demonstrate the service from the heart we are known for around the world. It is with great pleasure that I will personally give you a tour of our new facilities. Please do not hesitate to ask for me or my assistant at any time during your next visit.
Fortaleza, CE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We used our Accor Points to stay at Sofitel and we felt welcome and well assisted at the reception. We got an upgrade in both rooms, one of them to a Junior Suite. The rooms were big, clean, with an incredible bed (Sofitel has the best beds). The bathroom was also big and had nice ammenities, like toothbrush and Lavin products. Bottled water was provided to us as well as coffee and tea with no costs. I found it very strange the lack of minibar and fridge in the rooms. We had breakfast at Starbucks in the lobby, wich was practical. But with a little more money, you could have a continental breakfast at the restaurant or in your room. A big and paid parking lot is avaible (10 usd per day). The hotel is not well located for those who want to enjoy the beaches. It´s near downtown, though. But you get a lot of traffic around. There are some pizza places, pharmacies and gas station around. A lot of people said here in Trip Advisor that you could not hear the airplanes, but I heard noises and trepidation in the windows. Fortunately, it wasn´t able to disturb our sleep. A little more effort in the decoration, renovations and repainting, a little more luxury in the lobby and hallways and it could be a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you very much for sharing in details your recent experience at the Sofitel Miami. We were delighted to host you and hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon as we are planning major renovations by the end of the year. We will offer the same comfortable beds and a brand new decoration.
A bientôt!
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Outdated rooms, but amazing bed and pillows! The service was great as always at a Sofitel hotel.
Good view from the 14th floor. Shuttle service to the airport was excellent.The hotel is only a 5 minute drive from the airport, but the plane´s doesn´t interrupt your sleep.
Our room was a connecting room, so we could hear the people in the room next door which was unpleasant. We only stayed for a night, so didn´t bother changing room. So a good tip: ask for a non-connecting room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gun0
Thank you very much for your detailed review. For the convenience of our guests, our complimentary airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes between the hours of 4:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. Our driver stands at your service to assist you with your luggage and will gladly offer complimentary bottled water. It is with great pride that I will share your compliments with him. He is a true ambassador to the Sofitel Miami.
Warm regards,