“Great hotel for an overnight.”

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #44 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while cruising. The location is close to the airport which is great for a one night stay but I would not recommend if planning a few nights in miami. The actual hotel is very nice indeed. Lovely modern bedrooms and nice lounge area where I had a meal which was superb and excellent value. The pool area is small but then most people only stay a night. The gym is also a small token effort. Starbucks in house which also do great museli and yoghurt cocktails for breakfast. All in all a very nice hotel and if you have it named as your stop over when cruising you should be pleased.

• Stayed: April 2012
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Simon D:

Thank you very much for your compliments on the quality of our service. Our central location allows fast and easy access to the airport or the port of Miami which is greatly appreciated by cruise passengers.

For longer stays, our concierge stands ready to assist you with recommendations on all the beautiful sites and attractions the city of Miami has to offer. Please do not hesitate to contact him at any time during your next visit.

We truly value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back before your next cruise.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great Bed, Friendly staff--about 200.00 per night. Most rooms have two king beds so we shared a room. They were very accommodating. Just remember that No one really speaks exactly the same language when it comes to giving directions!! When they say "just take a right, then a right, then a right"--It's farther than you think!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your review. We are very pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us, and I can assure you that we have already taken the appropriate measures to address the situation with our Front Office Manager in order to better coach our ambassadors on giving detailed directions.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed here twice overnighting in Miami.Usually airport hotels are poor,but this place is an exception.Friendly staff at check in,attentive staff in the restaurant and very comfortable beds.The nicely appointed restaurant is excellent.Breakfast was fine,but dinner was a standout.The filet mignon was full of flavour and tender.

Room Tip: Stay on middle floors for less noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JackandSam:

It was an honor and privilege to host you during your overnight stays in Miami. At Sofitel, we strive to demonstrate the French “Art de Recevoir” through our fine and daring cuisine. I am thrilled to know our Chef was able to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

it is always a pleasure to stay at the Sofitel. The atmosphere is professional, friendly and clean, makes you want to return. The front desk clerks are professional, the door men have excellent customer service and the food is good as well. In recent times, when we have to stop over in Miami, the only and first hotel we think of is Sofitel, which is a good thing, because it means you guys are doing something right and you customer care is stella! keep up the good work!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you very much for making the Sofitel your first choice of accommodation in Miami. All of our ambassadors are working diligently to ensure that our guests leave happy. I will proudly compliment them on your behalf.

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Recently stayed at the Miami location. Upon arrival everything was fine. I chose to valet park versus self parking only because I know I will be getting back late and did not want to deal with parking late at night. They do have a parking lot but walking in heels up a ramp or stairs was something I was interested in. On that Saturday got back to the hotel late. First I could use the ticket that I activated to get into the gate so I had to get antother ticktet. Cool no problem. I will go to front desk to let them know the problem. Upon arrival to the front door to valet no one was there. I went in to customer service desk and she told me I had to park my car! I said well why did I pay for valet. I told her about the ticket and she said ohh let me check your reservation. They had made an error and had me checked out the hotel. I didn't say a word because I know what my credit card says and they will have to fix that. No need to gripe about that but yet and still it was an error on their part. I parked my car came back in and guess what the keys to the room don't work so we were issued new keys. My biggest complaint I have was the bedding. Everyone knows its a risk when sleeping in a hotel but to have just a comforter and no sheets on the bed is just well lets say unacceptable. I requested sheets no problem but come on that is the basics. Okay no this is my biggest complaint, the restaurant. I ordered chicken quesadillas which came out cold. Not sure how you have chicken cold chicken in such a dish. The guacamole was teetering on the lines of being brown in color. Sure a little lime could wake it up but....THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE in a hotel. Now of course why would you order this from hotel BECAUSE I WAS BEING LAZY. Well lesson learned. Will I go back there to stay probably not.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sofitel Guest:

Thank you very much for your detailed review regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to read about your disappointments and most detailed observations.

We certainly hope to have the opportunity to regain your trust in our product and service, and, if it is not an inconvenience, please contact me directly at H0889@sofitel.com to further discuss your concerns.

Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

If we consider it as an airport hotel, it's excellent, but if you believe you are staying in the top brand of Accor you may regret this choice... Anyway, the bed confort is outstanding, but it's an old hotel and lacks basic things like a minibar.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear amrdeus:

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. While we are located by Miami Airport, we strive for the same excellent service and high quality product Sofitel is known for, and I sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I may be of any assistance during your next visit.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while overnighting in Miami. Our stay was very short but very sweet. The front desk personnel are extremely courteous. We ordered room service for dinner and were pleased. The beds we very comfy. Breakfast in the restaurant the next morning was very good with excellent service. We were on a tight schedule and greatly appreciated the prompt service in the restaurant and the shuttle service. I would like to stay here again when not so pressed on time so we could try out the pool as it looked very inviting.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Susan P:

It was sincerely an honor to host you during your overnight stay in Miami, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to enjoy our beautiful pool by the lagoon and the same excellent service you experienced in our dining room.