“Nice Hotel close to Airport” 4 of 5 stars

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #35 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Sligo
“Nice Hotel close to Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Started our honeymoon here, lovely restaurant , good breakfast , courteous staff. Had issue regarding our accommodation , nothing serious in fact rooms are fine, but would like to say a very big Thank You to Pierre who made right our issue and because of his prompt attention we will without doubt be returning to Sofitel in 2014. Would definitely recommend staying at Sofitel , Miami .

• Stayed January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Congratulations on your nuptials!

It was sincerely an honor to host you on your honeymoon, and we are absolutely delighted to know that you will keep excellent memories of your stay with us. I will proudly share your comments with Pierre and personally recognize him on your behalf for his passion for excellence. We look forward to welcoming you back on your first anniversary.

With all my best wishes,

Balendra Nagesvaran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here only one night, but the hotel is in need of some updating. The outside needs to be pressure washed (or painted) and in need of TLC. Our room was nice enough other than the fact that the blackout curtains did not meet. It was clean. The beds were comfortable. Part of the carpet in the hallway had been replaced. Everything just looked as if it needed to be spruced up.

I must say, however, that the staff was outstanding; they were well groomed, courteous and easily answered any questions that we had. There are not really any restaurants within walking distance; there is a 24 hour restaurant in the hotel. The food is above average but the service was VERY slow. Several patrons had to ask for their checks; servers were not good at checking back to see everything was ok.

On a positive note, the pool area was pleasant (it was a cool, windy day so it was not at all crowded) impressive. I liked the waterfall which provided a nice ambience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank gbogan
We were honored to host you and your husband during your short overnight stay in Miami. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with us.

I would like to express my sincere apologies for the delay in service you experienced at our restaurant. We have immediately taken the necessary measures with our Restaurant Manager in order to better coach our ambassadors and prevent any future occurrence.

Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Sofitel Miami.

Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. At check in, we received the room asked but when we visited it, it was near elevators. (I precised I asked far from them)... Second event : at check out , the amount to pay was not the same compared to the booking.... We are 2 adults, and we booked a room for 2 nights with breakfasts included. It was precised on the booking confirmation document but the woman at the front desk said we have to pay 2 breakfast, only one breakfast per room were included. I showed my confirmation mail, she answered it was a mistake .... and she had a smile.... The only one other answer she gave was : " I will upgraduate you in a Junior Room for your next visit here.... " We were very disappointed. She did'nt want to modify our invoice ! The mistake was her mistake !
Regarding as our stay in this hotel : room was comfortable but decoration, paints, wallpapers are old. Rooms need a renovation ! They have also a free shuttle for the airport but the driver seems to be disappointed by his job : he was not welcoming, even for one way or return....So, if you book this hotel, don't forget it is not the Sofitel brand as expected.(They seem to forget Hilton and others...) So : Very,very bad experience and we 'll never book in this hotel ! I recommend to you to choose american brand, it will be better !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank pf35
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear valued Sofitel guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments with me. I sincerely apologize for the lack of service you experienced regarding your reservation. At your convenience, please contact me directly at H0889@sofitel.com with a copy of your confirmation. I can assure you that I will personally verify you statement and make any necessary adjustment.

I hope your will offer us a chance to gain back your confidence in our staff, service and product. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us, and I stand at your service.

Whitewater, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel, Miami for 2 nights prior to a cruise. While the lobby & public areas were nice enough, the room was in need of some attention. The furnishings and carpet were definitely showing quite a bit of wear & tear. However, the bed was comfortable and the linens clean. The room was large and quieted down after 9:00 pm or so.

The food at the hotel's restaurant was good, but seemed VERY overpriced. $20+ for a simple breakfast buffet? Really? It should have been $10-12 for what was received. There is a Publix Market about 3 blocks away--close enough to walk--where you can get affordable food & beverages & bring it back to your room. That's what we wound up doing.

No coffee maker in the room? Give me a break! Oh yeah, there's a Starbucks downstairs, which possibly explains that.

All the staff we interfaced with were friendly and helpful. Even though our reservation for a king-size bed was messed up when we arrived (should have called to confirm that I guess), the girl who checked us in was able to find a room with a king bed in it for us.

The concierge suggested a shuttle bus to the Dolphin Mall, so we decided that would be fun to do--no cost was mentioned. A $26.00 charge on our bill for that shuttle ride was shocking! The price SHOULD have been mentioned when we reserved our space on the bus.

The location was great if you need to be near the Miami airport, but that's the only positive thing about the location. Our room was on the airport side & there was lots of noise from planes taking off. I also should have requested a room on the other side--my bad on that!

All-in-all, not an unpleasant experience, but one we are unlikely to repeat.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the side opposite the airport.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us prior to your cruise. I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I can assure you that I take them very seriously. The Dolphin Mall shuttle is not run by our property, and you should definitely have been informed of the fee when making the reservation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the lack of communication by our team.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Miami, please feel free to contact me directly. It is with great pleasure that I will personally assist you with your reservation and any special request you may have to make your stay with us most memorable. We truly value your patronage and would appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate the quality of service we are known for around the world.

With all my best regards,

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

One word: Magnifique! From the time I was met at my car to the amazing check-in experience and the dinner (which was simply to die for - at a reasonable price) I became a Sofitel believer! Yes, the room...perfect. The bathroom was a little aged, but it was spotless and everything worked. Their vanity kits were very complete and a nice addition to the room. The bed...Oui! Would like one for my home. All of these things are nice, but the real joy of the stay came from my interaction with one of their staff, Maitee.

Maitee greeted me with a warm smile and while I have ZERO status with this hotel chain, she worked and worked to find just the room type and location / view that I was looking for. Yes...some would say that is her job. I would say she when above and beyond, and it set the tone for the rest of my stay. Thank you. Maitee.

I highly recommend this property for anyone wanting a superior experience at an airport hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Mr. Meyer.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with such pleasant memories. It is with great pleasure that I will personally recognize Maitee for her dedication to customer service and passion for excellence. She is a true ambassador to the Sofitel Miami.

Warm regards,