“Good location, but not a luxury hotel experience.”

PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Ranked #44 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the Sofitel, Miami for 2 nights prior to a cruise. While the lobby & public areas were nice enough, the room was in need of some attention. The furnishings and carpet were definitely showing quite a bit of wear & tear. However, the bed was comfortable and the linens clean. The room was large and quieted down after 9:00 pm or so.

The food at the hotel's restaurant was good, but seemed VERY overpriced. $20+ for a simple breakfast buffet? Really? It should have been $10-12 for what was received. There is a Publix Market about 3 blocks away--close enough to walk--where you can get affordable food & beverages & bring it back to your room. That's what we wound up doing.

No coffee maker in the room? Give me a break! Oh yeah, there's a Starbucks downstairs, which possibly explains that.

All the staff we interfaced with were friendly and helpful. Even though our reservation for a king-size bed was messed up when we arrived (should have called to confirm that I guess), the girl who checked us in was able to find a room with a king bed in it for us.

The concierge suggested a shuttle bus to the Dolphin Mall, so we decided that would be fun to do--no cost was mentioned. A $26.00 charge on our bill for that shuttle ride was shocking! The price SHOULD have been mentioned when we reserved our space on the bus.

The location was great if you need to be near the Miami airport, but that's the only positive thing about the location. Our room was on the airport side & there was lots of noise from planes taking off. I also should have requested a room on the other side--my bad on that!

All-in-all, not an unpleasant experience, but one we are unlikely to repeat.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the side opposite the airport.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us prior to your cruise. I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I can assure you that I take them very seriously. The Dolphin Mall shuttle is not run by our property, and you should definitely have been informed of the fee when making the reservation. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies for the lack of communication by our team.

Should your travel plans bring you back to Miami, please feel free to contact me directly. It is with great pleasure that I will personally assist you with your reservation and any special request you may have to make your stay with us most memorable. We truly value your patronage and would appreciate the opportunity to demonstrate the quality of service we are known for around the world.

With all my best regards,

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

One word: Magnifique! From the time I was met at my car to the amazing check-in experience and the dinner (which was simply to die for - at a reasonable price) I became a Sofitel believer! Yes, the room...perfect. The bathroom was a little aged, but it was spotless and everything worked. Their vanity kits were very complete and a nice addition to the room. The bed...Oui! Would like one for my home. All of these things are nice, but the real joy of the stay came from my interaction with one of their staff, Maitee.

Maitee greeted me with a warm smile and while I have ZERO status with this hotel chain, she worked and worked to find just the room type and location / view that I was looking for. Yes...some would say that is her job. I would say she when above and beyond, and it set the tone for the rest of my stay. Thank you. Maitee.

I highly recommend this property for anyone wanting a superior experience at an airport hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Mr. Meyer.

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are working very hard to ensure that our guests are completely satisfied. I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with such pleasant memories. It is with great pleasure that I will personally recognize Maitee for her dedication to customer service and passion for excellence. She is a true ambassador to the Sofitel Miami.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2013

The hotel lobby was very nice, they had a nice pseudo-French thing going on. The rooms were nice, but you have to order certain things like refrigerator, safe, coffee maker etc. The reason I mentioned house arrest was because my group arrived around lunch time from the airport, and the hotels food was VERY
overpriced, and the nearest fast food restaurant was 15 minutes away... By foot! So we ended up walking in the pouring rain to get some mediocre Chinese food. Hotel did offer umbrellas for guests though.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mman6200

Thank you very much for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us, and I sincerely apologize that you had to walk in the rain. In addition to our fine dining restaurant, we offer two other dining options with different price ranges. You should have been informed of this service upon your arrival, and we will immediately take this opportunity to better coach our ambassadors in order to prevent any future occurrence.

We hope to have the pleasure of your visit again soon, and our concierges stand at your service with any special request you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact them at any time.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

1  Thank Philippatravels
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very good airport hotel- free shuttle takes 7 mins, and is available every 20 or 30 mins.
The public areas of the hotel are very pleasant,and the staff friendly & helpful, but our room (upgraded to a small suite) was a little tired. But it was very clean, and the bed extremely comfortable, so what more do you need.
The restaurant was a little pricey but large portions well presented. The coffee, orange juice and breakfast were excellent, so as an overnight stay I'd definitely recommend.

1  Thank Bagcarrier1956

Thank you very much for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to detail your experience, and we are so pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

2  Thank SUSANCROUCH

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were booked here for a night , pre cruise stay. Very well appointed room, clean and well stocked. Staff was very plesant and efficent. Dining was very nice as well. For just one night was a very good accomidaton. Was close to airport & cruise ships.

2  Thank Jim G
B_Nagesvaran, General Manager at PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Mr. Jim:

Thank you for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Sofitel in Miami, and I hope to see you on your next trip.

Kind regards,