“Perfect for what it is - a nice airport hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
Ranked #36 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Sacramento, CA
“Perfect for what it is - a nice airport hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2011

We stayed here on two separate ends of a family vacation to Florida - the night we flew in at 1:00am and the night before we were scheduled to fly out at 6am.

The shuttle arrived within 10 minutes of us walking out to the curb and had us at the hotel two minutes later. The check-in was smooth with two staff members working the front desk at 1:30am. As SPG Gold we got a nice room and were automatically offered a 4pm late checkout time the next day if we needed it. We didn't but it was refreshing to be offered a member benefit without us asking!

There is a small heated pool out back and room service offered until 2am - I have to think that is for the airline crews that may stay here. The free computers in the lobby that Sheraton offers are such a nice ammenity - connectivity without having to schlep a laptop on vacation!

Our second stay was perfect as well - there is a giant status board for flights coming and going at MIA in the lobby and the complimentary airport shuttle runs every 15 minutes. We were the only ones on the shuttle at 4:30am so we were at the curb outside our carrier at MIA in two minutes.

We didn't get a chance to try the restaurant or the gym. Parking is pricy if you have a car. While we rented a car the hotel is directly across the street from the new MIA Rental Car Center. Of course, since we got in late the first night, I arranged to rent the car starting the next morning and walked over to pick it up while the family took advantage of an morning swim. Since we left at the crack of dawn on our return, I dropped off the family to check in at the hotel on our final night, drove the car across the street, and walked back across the street to the hotel. We saved around $150 by not getting the rental car on our first and last days and avoided parking fees at the hotel.

On the whole, I'd stay here again without reservation.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (662)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tunbridge Wells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Stayed for one night en route from Lima lo Heathrow. I found the Sheraton Airport Miami to be one of the few airport hotels anywhere with both character and a regular clientele. Due to my own oversight I had booked the wrong night. However the staff at reception were just superb...particularly Miriam (Manager please note) and a room was soon sorted out. The bar had a friendly atmosphere probably due to the many regulars. My meal in the restaurant was delicious. All in all a very good stay, but the hotel (like me) is starting to show its age and perhaps the Sheraton bean counters could make provision for a make over in the near future.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I work for a fairly large international organization and we recently held a 10 day workshop at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. It was virtually headache free! Staff knew what they were doing, anticipated our needs, made valuable suggestions and were very accommodating in every way possible. I've been to many venues with conference facilities in Europe, Latin America and North America but not every venue has business event coordinator experts. There is a difference between handling a wedding or a retreat that lasts just one day and handling a business meeting that can last over a week. The Sheraton Miami knows how to efficiently help you run your business meeting no matter what the size of your group.
Its location is ideal for business travellers. Right there at the airport and less than 20 minutes from Miami Beach if you want a change of atmosphere. Besides, once you are in the hotel, you forget how close you are to the air traffic.

The rooms are very comfortable and the food is good. Breakfast is pretty much standard but the staff makes all the difference. Wireless service on the entire hotel property is a plus.

So in the end, for the purposes of our 10 day workshop, the hotel was perfect.

P.S. All the car rental agencies are right across the hotel! If you’re staying for a while, be sure to rent a car with a GPS to get around Miami. Oh, and you can walk to the car rental place. No need to take the hotel shuttle to the airport only to get on the car rental shuttle at the airport to return to a building that’s right across from the Sheraton.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Makes_Me_Wonder
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

Hello folks,
I had the opportunity to stay an extra day in Miami and a few of us decided to stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center and boy the stay was much appreciated and needed. Our room such a great view over the golf course on the pool side. From the shuttle (shuttle drivers Jeff), the front desk and the restaurant (Frank & Domingo) just pure AWESOME!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

As a long-time Starwood Platinum member, I have had the opportunity to stay at many properties. This was my first visit to this hotel, and I plan to become a regular here.

Of primary importance is the staff, ALL of whom, from the General Manager on down, provided excellent and caring service throughout my stay. I was treated as if I were 'family'. Special thanks should be given to Lucas, Sirle, Stanley, Lorraine, Sarah, all of whom were wonderful to work with. Compliments to Raul (the hotel manager) for his generous assistance.

The hotel facilities are first class. I was given a beautiful suite which far exceeded my expectations. I was pleasantly surprised by how quiet the rooms are, considering the proximity to Miami airport - never heard planes landing/taking off.

The pool area and fitness center are inviting and are much more than adequate to satisfy my needs. The hotel's public areas are nicely designed and quite pleasant.

There is a club lounge which provides breakfast and evening snacks. The evening selection is one of the best I have come accross. Thanks to Chef Frank for providing an interesting array of choices.

Finally, the hotel's location provides easy access to the Miami area and beyond.

I look forward to many more stays.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2011

The stayed here at the end of a vacation in Florida and this was our final stop before we were to fly out. The location was picked because it was close to the airport. However it was very difficult to get to by car because of the re-routed roads and we had GPS! Getting to the rental car drop-off was also difficult, the staff didn't have directions on how to get there so we used the map. It ended up requiring a U turn what we only got away with because it was so early in the morning.

The hotel itself was fine and the rooms were in great shape. Kind of a typical business hotel we are all familiar with, nothing exceptionally good or bad in our short stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank youhadtoask
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay with the Sheraton Miami Airport and Executive Meeting Center. The great news is the road construction outside of our hotel is just about complete. We are hearing 2-3 more weeks to go. Thank you for commenting that the rooms are in "great shape"! All of our rooms are very well appointed and recently refurbished. I am glad you enjoyed your stay once you found us! We look forward to having you back on your return visit to the Miami area.
Walnut Creek, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I actually stayed at this hotel after flying into Fort Lauderdale, not MIA, because this hotel had an incredible deal for SPG points. That being said, when I rate, I try to take into account what I would have paid for the room. First of all, the hotel is convenient only to MIA airport. If you are coming from somewhere else, you better have a good GPS handy, because access is rather tricky, especially when coming from the west.
I felt it was a bit chintzy to charge $20 for parking in an area where parking is very much not at a premium. No big deal, though. The greeting a reception were nice. I felt my room was perfectly nice looking, unlike a number of other reviewers. Perhaps as an SPG gold member I got a refurbished room? Everything was clean, spacious, and in working order, except the TV checkout at the end of the stay. My main complaints were:
(1) The rooms were not insulated sufficiently for an airport hotel under a flight path. There was more airport noise than most airport hotels I've stayed in (which is quite a few).
(2) We ordered room service breakfast which never came. We weren't charged for it, and just ended up eating out, but how difficult is it to get that right?
(3) Pool area was small and claustrophobic.
So for the small number of SPG points I was charged, I can't complain, but for the price they want to charge, I feel one should probably be able to do a lot better, especially if one needs to park. This is, after all, just a 3* airport hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank lebelgo
Management would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Yes you are correct, we are the most convenient and closet hotel to the Miami International Airport. Thank you also for your comments regarding the room you received. All of our rooms have been refurbished and continue to evolve each day. I am sorry to hear you had some noise issues during your stay. Typically we do not hear that as a concern. I sincerely apologize for the breakfast not arriving at your room like you desired. Please know upon your return visit with us, I will be sure to take care of your breakfast!

We look forward to hosting you again in the future!