4,715 results
All reviewsgeo zeledonbartender victorgolf course viewmiami airportthe club loungecar rentalhotel barfree shuttlebetween flightslong flightshuttle serviceone night staysouth beachvalet parkingrickenbackerspgcruise
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Stayed here for a convention and I was horrified to wake up with bed bug bites all over my legs- had to go to the emergency room which they said they would pay for the visit and then no one would return my phone calls after I sent them the bill.
DO NOT STAY HERE! Would have seemed to be clean but bed bugs in the beds!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
lkent15, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our hotel is engaged with pest control on a weekly basis to insure the integrity of our product and most importantly assure that we do not have a bed bug issue.. As part of our transition to Sheraton and Starwood Hotels as of December 15, 2010 all bedding including mattress' ,box springs, linens and duvets were installed and upgraded to the Sweet Sleeper package which is brand specific.

Many of our guests have commented positively on the cleanliness, comfort, and overall sleeping experience they have had with us recently. Management hopes to have you back in the very near future to experience our new product.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

This hotel, former Wyndham and before that already a Sheraton, is an aberration! I don't understand why Sheraton bought it and put its brand on it. It looks sad and it is the worst place where to spend even one night before or after your flight. They just bought it, waited some time and opened it again publicizing a radical renovation that never happened.
I am starwood gold member (and have been a gold member for the past 4 years) and after this experience I started doubting of the commitment of this brand to quality and decent accommodation. Please, close it as soon as possible!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ari100
Reviewed January 13, 2011

My flight out of Miami was recently canceled and the airline gave me a voucher to stay at the Sheraton overnight. For an airport hotel, the Sheraton is unexceptional, but a decent place to stay. The rooms are spacious, but are in need of a renovation. I was initially given a room where the flat screen television didn't work and the staff quickly gave me another room--which I appreciated. However, both rooms had tired decor and stained rugs. Overall, the hotel had a certain grimy feel to it.

On a positive note, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and the food was surprisingly good (I enjoyed the buffet breakfast). The fitness room was excellent for a hotel, offering a good selection of cardio, muscle building machines and free weights. The pool looked okay--it appeared to be well maintained. The airport shuttle was efficient, the ride from my terminal to the hotel was less than 10 minutes. As an FYI--this hotel used to be a Wyndham and was recently re-branded as a Sheraton. Hopefully, Starwood will make even more improvements.

For short business stays in Miami, this is not a bad choice.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2011

Stayed one night at the Sheraton (former Wyndham) before an early flight. I had my doubts as we pulled up outside the hotel. When walking in to the lobby it did however look very nice. We were the only ones in the lobby, the front desk staff did however still spend more time talking to each other than helping us to check-in quickly.

Coming up to the floor we were at the 'fresh' and new feel from the lobby was all gone. The corridors were long, dirty carpets and the roof was very low giving it a very cramped feel. The sign with the room number outside our room had also been replaced with a piece of paper with the room number on.

The room was probably modern some time during the 90s but now it felt in desperate need of refurbishment. It had more the feel of like a Motel8 or something like that than the Sheraton. All the necessary things were however there (such as TV, coffee maker, desk, chairs, iron etc) so it was functional.

The best thing about the room was the bed, it was comfortable and big.

Other good things about the hotel was the shuttle bus (running every 15 minutes) and the location close to the airport was also good. Still there are other better options for airport hotels (for example the Best Western I stayed at a few weeks earlier).

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thesaint01
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Sheraton (the old Wyndham) has upgraded and installed heavenly beds in all rooms -they are fantastic. Thats the good news , and there isn't much more.

The front desk could care less about your stay. They don't answer the phones. They don't follow up on issues. Hotel has a great meetings team but the other service is so bad here It isnt worth the effort. The meetings staff was excellent, as was the restaurant staff (Diego) and Michael (?) in the bar. Major customer service training is needed here - only a handful of employees should be in contact with a customer.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business