“Not just an airport hotel”

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #30 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I booked this hotel as we were arriving late at night and wanted somewhere that was near the airport and had a shuttle. This hotel fitted the bill and at the time I booked was offering a good rate ($120). The hotel was excellent with a large and very comfortable double room. Check-in was very fast and efficient. There was a nice bar where you could get reasonable priced snacks late at night. The breakfast (included in the price) was really excellent which was just what was needed after the previous day spent travelling.

The Sheraton Miami Airport hotel is not just an airport hotel as it looks out onto a canal and golf course and has a nice looking swimming pool. I wish that we had booked two nights as we would loved to have had a relaxing day by the pool.

After breakfast we walked across the road to pick up our hire car in the hire car centre (another plus point for this hotel). We highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Miami.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for posting such a delightful review. We are so pleased that your overall experience proved to be memorable. Perhaps on your next trip, you will enjoy more than an overnight stay. Your recommendations is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stay here at least twice a month, the rooms are great and cleansed the location is very convenient. I like that most of the rooms are allergen free, but the waitstaff makes my stay - especially Victor at the bar- attentive, nice! What more can you ask for! Best hotel in Miami!!!

• Stayed: February 2014

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for recognizing the service and attention you experienced with Victor. Victor always tries to ensure our guests feel right at home and his hospitality is effortless. I am glad you have had the opportunity to experience our PURE allergy friendly guest rooms during your visits. Your recommendation is appreciated and we will look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have stopped counting but we have used this hotel under two different brands. Today, it's better than ever. It's an ideal pit stop after an European flight and jwhen ust needing a good night rest after a long flight. The car rentals are conveniently on the other side of the road and you have an easy access to any direction next morning. The rooms are well kept and breakfast is adequet - the service crew is great! If you can't sleep immediately, a couple of glasses of Sauvignon Blanc in the Lobby Bar will surely help.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the golf course.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and services even more so this time around. We are literally on the door steps of the Miami International Airport making it extremely convenient for our guests. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the Miami Airport Sheraton for 10 nights while in town for work.

The hotel is directly across the street from the airport and getting there from the car rental center is not a direct route and challenging at times. The best way to drive to the airport, when possible, is come from Douglas Av (37th Ave). The hotel is not within walking distance to any restaurants that I know of. Given a preference, I would have stayed at a hotel further south closer to the shops/restaurants located on the Miracle Mile.

There always seems to be a line at the front desk. I'm guessing that since the hotel is very close to the airport that people come here for layover stays. I arrived early and of course my room wasn't ready. I was allowed to check in and then gave my telephone number so that I could be called when it was ready. I came back at 5, no phone call and two hours after the 3pm check in. My room still wasn't ready, welcome to "Miami Time", nobody rushes to get anything done, it gets done when it gets done. I just settled for any room they had, lovely. Parking is something like $15 per day self park or valet is the same price. Drop your bags at the front door, moving bags from the garage to your room is a pain if you have more than one, there are stairs and no elevator.

My room was on the airport side, ugh. Nothing like jet noise all day and much of the night. I would suggest asking for a room on the golf course side, the course is beautiful and the view of the Miami skyline is very nice. Between the hotel and the golf course is a section of the Miami River. During my stay I saw manatees swimming in the river several times. My room was okay, slightly worn, but this hotel seems to be VERY busy. I seemed to hear doors in adjacent rooms ALOT at all hours here, normally I am not bothered by this, it sucked. The rooms are clean. While I'm nitpicking......let's see if I can describe it. The way that my bed was made annoyed me to no end. I am 6'2" and, because of the way that the bed was made, my feet stuck out from under the sheets because the sheets were not tucked in under the mattress at the bottom. So, knowing this after night one, I fixed it, I tucked in the sheets. Well, everyday, when the maid cleaned the room, she "remade" the bed, untucking the sheets. I'm not sure if this is a Sheraton thing or if the maid came from a long line of very short people. Anyway, I laughed about it after a while.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the golf course view!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We stayed two separate nights, at either end of a week's vacation out of Miami airport. The Sheraton's proximity to the airport is a great plus - the shuttle takes only a few minutes. And you can walk to the car-rental center, though it's not especially easy to find the entrance (and needs to be signposted). Soon the Tri-Rail terminus will also be a short walk away. Though the hotel is a little tired in places, the recent refurbishments are just about keeping it up to scratch; one of our bathrooms seemed a bit shabby, with the toilet seat broken. The staff are friendly and the bar meals good value. Overall, the hotel is not overpriced for what it offers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We always look forward to hearing from our guests no matter what the circumstances as it provides us with valuable insight as to where improvements may be made. We have completed several upgrades and will continue to work on making adjustments according to our ability both operationally and from a future capital project prospective. The final stages of the transportation center are coming to a close soon and I am sure that a more convenient option for pedestrians will be in place. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

i was a little skeptical at first given it was an airport hotel.The elevators were super slow,and the lobby was quite busy and crowded. But I quickly was impressed mostly with the staff. They were all very friendly and went out of their way to make sure everything was good, from check-in (thanks Nicole) to the lounge team (thanks Mayling and Veronica - both bright, helpful and nice company). The lounge has a nice latte machine and is open 24 hours. The rooms are a little above average, and i made a couple trips to the fitness center (which is OK). it is a little tricky to drive to and the parking is not free, but fortunately the valet and the self park are the same price, which was nice because it was raining a great deal during my stay. Will definitely return here. I have stayed at the nearby Marriott, and i think this has the edge.With a nicer fitness center and faster elevators, this would be 5/5.

Room Tip: Golf course view is nice with a vista of the downtown area.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Victor (bartender) has been a a great pleasant help in assisting me and my friend since the day we checked in January 31, 2014. He make awesome drinks, he's very helpful and he checks on you to make sure your okay. I had a great time dining and I would come back again. Very clean and very neat hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for recognizing the service and attention you experienced with Victor. Victor always tries to ensure our guests feel right at home and his hospitality is effortless. Your recommendation is appreciated and we will look forward to a future stay on your next trip to Miami.