“GREAT LOCATION TO SOUTH BEACH AREA”

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #30 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Hotel was conveniently located to South Beach, restaurants, and cruise ships. They have a nice bar and work out room. Hotel was clean, bed super comfy, and staff accommodating.For a hotel so close to the airport its amazing its not noisy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank donna d
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back. Thanks again and take care!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

When staying at an airport hotel, there are a few things you expect.

First, you assume the airport shuttle will be reliable. This hotel failed miserably. Upon arrival at the pickup point, I watched 5 Sheraton shuttles pass me by without slowing despite my trying to wave them down, chase them, and yell. Even after calling the hotel and telling them my precise location, nothing changed. I had to take a cab. The next morning, after being told they operated every 15 minutes, I waited 30 and only advised after that delay that one of buses was out of service.

Next, you expect the rooms will be set up for business use by the guest. Only one phone with a scratchy background noise. The TV remote was not fully functional either.

Well you get the idea. I am usually pretty easy going but they pushed me beyond any reasonable limit. Future guests be forewarned!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dave G

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. It appears that we missed several opportunities with your visit even before you stepped in the front door to the remote and phone challenges in your room. I am terribly sorry for any discomfort and inconvenience during your stay and please know that we do take your comments to heart. We will address these deficiencies with our teams so that we may avoid a recurrence and hope that you will afford us another opportunity to better serve you on a future visit to Miami.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We arrived at the hotel after a long overseas flight and we were booked in quickly. We had to wait a little while for the shuttle at the airport because we were uncertain where it would stop but you just have to wave it down from the sidewalk. Our room was comfortable... bed was great... the floor was dark and who knows how clean it was. The bathroom was fine. The breakfast the next morning was terrific and was included in the price of the room. This was not an inexpensive place to stay but we were willing to pay for comfort and convenience. We had a little trouble trying to get to the rental car center which is just across the street... (reason we stayed here). We walked across the street but had to access the building by dragging our luggage up a flight of stairs to the first level in order to get to an elevator to reach the rental counters several floors up. There must be a better way. All in all we were satisfied with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. For your kind information, we recently completed upgrades in several areas, including new installation of hallway and guest room carpeting. The transportation center across the street may include an easier access than what you experience, once completed. We are pleased that your stay with us was satisfactory and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The Sheraton is conveniently located next to the Rental Car Center at the Airport. The service as you walk in is excellent. I was greeted by Geo Zeledon who not only ask about valet service, but took the time to learn my name and ask me about my day. I stayed at the hotel for a number of days and each time I walked to the lobby, Geo went out of his way to great me and ask if there was anything he could do. The hotel is clean, the gym is nice and stocked with gear, and channel selection in-room is above average. They have NFL network! Which seems to be spotty at various hotel chains. I was able to enjoy Thursday night football without having to go look for a sports bar. Finally, I was able to drop off my rental car the night before departure, walk across the street back to the hotel and take the free shuttle in the morning back to the airport. This saves me time and money.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Keith W
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay and thank you for recognizing Geo's efforts from our reception team. He will be delighted to learn that he has helped to ensure a pleasant experience. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to Miami.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Anytime I travel on business to Miami I choose the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. I usually hate airport hotel's, but this one is great. They have a very convenient and timely airport shuttle with friendly drivers. When you're already feeling tired from traveling on planes you certainly don't want to encounter grumpy limo drivers and the drivers I've met from this hotel are always smiling and make you feel welcomed. I'm SPG Gold and they will upgrade you as long as they know you're gold. Their SPG gold rooms are quiet and overlook the golf course. As SPG gold you'll also receive the complimentary continental breakfast which is on a high floor overlooking the city of Miami. The bed is very comfortable and I'm very picky about beds. My back felt good in the morning.

Their lounge is very nice, has attentive staff and good food with large portions. It's a relaxing place to unwind after a long day of travel. I have not had dinner in their more expensive restaurant.

They have a nice workout facility, but I have not had time to use it yet nor have I used their outdoor pool. The golf course it overlooks is very tempting and if I ever get some extra time I would like to play a round. It is not affiliated with the hotel that I'm aware of.

One more thing, this hotel has an airport channel on the TV in your room so it's easy to see if your plane is on time or delayed.

Room Tip: If you're SPG Gold, make sure they know when you check in.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TropicAtHeart
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This is a great place right by the airport. The convenience is wonderful but you're not compromising any other amenities. The staff is wonderful and courteous, the rooms are clean and comfortable. I did not hear any noise from the very busy airport practically in the 'front yard.' I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Linamazza

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back. Your recommendation is appreciated.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Good airport hotel. Close to airport with free transportation. Nice fitness facility, and the golf course view was better than most airport hotels can offer. Front desk staff is extremely helpful. Agar was especially friendly, personable and helpful. I stayed on two separate occasions, and she remembered me on my return.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business