“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 120 Hotels in Miami
LaSalle, Canada
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a great stay, comfortable room, easy check-in, check-out, free transportation to the airport. Parking should be free for guests but if you don't have a car it doesn't matter. Breakfast is good, omelet station, lots of fresh fruit. Bostone Ardeus was our server, did a great job and kept everything refilled, coffee, water, and orange juice, without even asking! Will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Razzberry73
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
I was very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for letting me know how impressed you were with the food and service. Bostone from our Rickenbacker Restaurant always tries to ensure our guests feel right at home and his hospitality is effortless. Your recommendation is appreciated and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,
Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (655)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Convenient location for airport and downtown and a great value. Rooms are a bit dated, but certainly comfortable enough. Front desk staff is very friendly and efficient.

Only downside is that you pay $15 a day for parking and it's valet only.

Room Tip: If you prefer a view, make sure you get the golf course (south) side of hotel.
1 Thank GlobalWanderer59
Buenos Aires
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

The hotel is in the airport, so it is ideal for one night and it has a shuttle every 15 minutes that in our case works
The staff is kind and very friendly
The hotel is confortable but out of fashion
The food is of regular quality
The pool is small

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ezini
Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My stay here started great with prompt and friendly shuttle pickup from the airport. Check-in likewise was friendly and prompt. I was recognized as a Gold member, but my room was not upgraded.

Room: My room left a lot to be desired. While the bed and bedding were comfortable, the room never got that cool, meaning I didn't sleep too well. Further adding to my disruption of sleep were blinds that didn't fully close, which let too much light in the room, and a loud intermittent banging noise throughout the day and night that I was there. Wi-fi in the room was usually fast, though not always. There were many outlets in the room, which was appreciated. The carpet had wrinkles in it. The bathroom was very small, and the shower pressure was poor. Amenities were, however, good. I ate in the hotel restaurant (see separate review) and was happy with that choice.

Leaving in the morning, shuttle pick-up was again prompt and friendly.

This hotel is adequate, though has lots of room for improvement. Honestly, if it weren't for the friendly employees and prompt shuttle service, I'd have given this hotel two, instead of three, stars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I'm here this week and it seems very disorganized. I'm not a fan. I am scheduled to stay here next week as well but will probably move to a Marriott if it keeps up.

Issue 1. Got here yesterday and the room type I booked wasn't available yet. It was a little early, so no big deal. I go back down at 3PM to get moved and they asked if I'd be in my room and offered to bring me the key for my new room "in a few minutes." 3 phone calls and 3 hours later. someone knocks and immediately enters my room without waiting two seconds and says "is everything ok with your room?" I told her I was waiting to be moved to another room and she looks puzzled. A few minutes later, someone finally shows up with new keys. This is how they treat platinum elite members?

2. After moving rooms, I go to leave and my room key doesn't get me out of the parking structure. I go to the valet parking people who assure me someone will be over to let me out. Sat there at the exit gate for a good 5 minutes until someone finally noticed and lets me out. Doesn't help that the "push for assistance" button doesn't do a goddamn thing. Went back to front desk to get keys reprogrammed and waited at least 10 minutes with no queue at all, just two guests shmoozing with front desk clerks.

3. Elevators broken yesterday. Staying on the top floor isn't fun when it takes 10 minutes for the elevator to come and then stops on 8 out of 10 floors each direction.

4. Pool bar was closed yesterday for private function.

5. I hung the make a green choice door hanger outside yesterday. Come back today, room is cleaned; no voucher, door hanger is right where I left it.

6. A few minutes ago, employees in the lounge asked me for my room number, presumably to make sure I belong there. Isn't this why the lounge requires a key to enter it in the first place? Maybe this is normal as I'm somewhat new to SPG properties, but I've never experienced it before.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This hotel is your typical airport hotel. Functional for a one night layover, though it doesn't make sense if your stay is longer or leisure related.

The rooms are a bit dated but had all the amenities you expect to find at a typical Sheraton. The 24 hour pool was great, unlike other hotels I stayed at that had set pool hours. Front desk staff was extremely friendly and efficient and even though I had a few billing mistakes, the issues were taken care of quickly and easily which I appreciated.

The airport shuttle service was great as well. I believe they have several shuttles so you never have to wait too long getting to and from the hotel.

The one critique I have is that housekeeping could do a better job with the rooms. One of the rooms I stayed in had a sticky cup stain on one of the side tables.

Overall a decent hotel at a good price and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had an amazing time at this Hotel. I would definitely recommend it and would stay here again. The beds were amazing and comfortable. Im also glad this is a non-smoking property. The valet and front desk staff was nice and helpful the whole time.

1 Thank alwayhelping