“Enjoyed my extended stay!”

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Lutz, Florida
“Enjoyed my extended stay!”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location although it was difficult to find the entrance on my arrival day. I stayed here for three weeks on business. The front desk was great! All the hotel staff was friendly. Although the rooms do not have a refrigerator or microwave, the front desk did send up a refrigerator when I requested one. I was not bothered by not having a microwave due to the hotel staff being friendly and helpful. I brought my two dogs with me as this is one of the few pet friendly hotels in that area.

The hotel is nicely and tastefully updated. Housekeeping was excellent and my room was cleaned perfectly every time. I spoke with a couple of the housekeepers in passing and they were just as friendly as the front desk. The rooms are very quiet considering it is right next to airport.

The only complaint I have about the hotel is that the elevators take a long time. People might also be turned off by having to pay for daily parking but I did not have a problem with it. Oh and the restaurant in the hotel was just o.k. I had breakfast there one morning (chef's omelet) and it did not taste that great but was edible. Overall I enjoyed my stay :)

Room Tip: The back of the hotel faces golf course and canal which is a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PAB111111
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
We read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us. During your stay, we did have a well needed overhaul of one of our elevators thereby leaving only two operable. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Miami.

Jon K. Wubbena, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tacarigua, Trinidad
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Quiet hotel. Room had a fantastic view of the golf course. Everything worked well. Breakfast was great and service from the staff was very good. Courtesy shuttle from the airport and back. Mall shuttles stop at the hotel. Dinner was good also, not too expensive. Room was quiet but voices of late arriving guests could still be heard.

Because it is close to the airport you will hear the sound of aircraft in the distance but it does not disturb.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the golf course gives a picturesque view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and thank you for recognizing our hospitable staff. We truly appreciate your recommendation and hope to have many more opportunities to welcome you back.

Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I love this hotel, no doubt that I'll return if I have to go to Miami again. Everything was perfect. One of the best thing was the staff, specially Frank from the valet parking, he was extremely kind and help me to find addresses around the city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent posting, and I agree that one of our best assets is our employees. They work hard at ensuring the best in service and hospitality for all our guests so they will be delighted to hear they are doing just that. I will share your comments with our teams and Frank from valet services. Thank you for recognizing their efforts, and we will look forward to another opportunity to welcome you back to Miami.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was our third stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport, as we are continually amazed at how we are made to feel like one of the family when we are there.

This time there were three in our party and Marie managed to accommodate us in a room with a bit more space to make our stay comfortable, this was all organised at check and communicated to us by Johanny at reception, a most polite and efficient check in and welcome. Fabiola also recognised us from a previous stay and again made us feel welcome and very much at home.

Frank showed us to our room, he helped us unload our bags and showed us around the room, a very nice guy, with a 'nothing me is too much trouble' attitude.

We looked forward to a drink in the bar with Victor, we were not disappointed. We were literally welcomed with open arms, settled down and drinks provided immediately he even remembered our favourites! Watching Victor in the bar, he made a special effort with everyone there, he is extremely polite, helpful and a host in every sense of the word, you could not ask for more. He is a man of many talents, fluent Russian, just the tip of the iceberg! A genuinely nice guy, you must say hi if you are staying.

We had a great evening and retired to a very comfortable clean room.

In the morning we had a choice of buffet or a la carte breakfast in the restaurant, again comfortable with bright clean surroundings. Bostone looked after us, again the third time, he is a nice guy, again making us extremely welcome and accommodated all our requests with ease.

We look forward to our stays at the Miami Airport Sheraton, it is THE only hotel to stay when in the area, a great team, a great location for car hire and the airport, friendly efficient staff, full service hotel.......a no brainer!!!!

Room Tip: Golf course views are very relaxing
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JonW338, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We consider our guests an extension of our family, so we are thankful to read about the personal and professional care you received. Thank you for recognizing the efforts of Marie, Johally, Fabiola, Victor and Bostone. Your recommendation is truly appreciated and we shall look forward to your next visit.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great stay! Great hotel! Had a little difficulty finding the hotel via our GPS, but with a simple call to we got the best and easiest directions. Winnie, Agar, and David, made the reservation issues that I created myself, a smooth tranisiton. Friendly, clean rooms, great staff. Thank you my starwood family.

Room Tip: Rooms with the golf course view are the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and thank you for recognizing Winnie, Agar and David from our front desk team. Our teams work hard at extending the best in hospitality to our guests so they will be delighted to know that they just that. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have many more opportunities to welcome you back.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 27, 2013

The warmth of all the personnel of the hotel makes you want to come back! From the bell boys, front desk and waiters, to Mayling Marenco attending the Club Lounge on the tenth floor.... Being only 5 minutes from the airport and having the monorail just in front which can take you to the rest of the city, this hotel has a unique location. Added to all this, the amount of amenities included in each room plus the comfortable beds and strong showers, make you appreciate this hotel even more....

Room Tip: If available, ask to be given a room with view to the golf court.
1 Thank Ruby G
Our teams work hard at extending the best in hospitality to our guests so they will be delighted to know that they did just that. Thank you for sharing your experience and thank you for recognizing their efforts. I will share your comments with Mayling Marenco and the teams. We are literally on the door steps of the Miami Airport making it extremely convenient for our guests and connectivity is good from this location to downtown Miami and Miami Beach. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have many more opportunities to welcome you back.

Fort Frances, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My friend and I travelled to Miami to spend a few hours there and get up in the wee hours to head to Haiti to volunteer as nurses for a week. We were met by Mario at the front desk, and had lots of chuckles just checking in. He was amazing. Then we run into Victor at the bar, and find out that he is from Cuba !!!! We have both vacationed there every year with our families for 8 years now, and we had a great chat. We have been in Santa Clara and he came from very close to there. It was like finding a home away from home, and a vacation within a working trip. Victor and his bar mates took great care of us, and then we went to dinner there where Claude Jean and Maria Flores took us under their wings. Claude suggested the sea bass and it was to die for !!! Perfectly cooked.... melt in your mouth. He took the time to give us a great history of Haiti that was much appreciated, coming from someone who knew best. We sat out by the pool and watched the Miami sunset. After a quick sleep we were shuttled off to the airport, and after a soul filling week, we returned to the Sheraton and brought all of our new found friends/ medical volunteers with us to experience a meal there, and to be welcomed by Victor. Sure enough, Mario meets us again at the front desk and he not only remembered us but he also remembered our conversation from the week prior and we laughed all over again.... talk about hospitality. Victor was as happy to see us as we were to see him, and his Cuban counterparts ! Since Claude wasn't in that evening, we ate right at the bar.... the sea bass was again succulent and everyone enjoyed their meals. Victor served us from memory like he had known us our whole lives, and it was such a pleasure. In the morning, Aracelis (means doors to heaven - how nice is that) treated us to an amazing breakfast in the restaurant, and we were whisked off by Dino by shuttle to the airport who told me all about Italy as he is from there and I plan to visit with my sister next year. I will stay there on any future trips to Miami, because they made me feel right at home, only in the lap of luxury... thank you a million times over.... a lifetime customer after the first night !!!

Room Tip: I suspect they're all fabulous.....