“Great Miami Airport Location for a Below Average Sheraton”

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Miami
“Great Miami Airport Location for a Below Average Sheraton”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The best thing the hotel offers is it's location to the Miami Airport. The rooms and decor are very dated. The beds are comfortable but my rooms were small. As a SPG Platinum member, I selected to use my Suite Stay Coupons but the hotel never notified me that they were not able to honor them because of space. I was told they had no suites available during checkin nor was I offered any type of upgraded room. Being that I had two reservations, I was able to get two standard rooms on the club floor. During my weekend stay, I got stuck on the elevator for about 10 mins and then it started up and returned me to the ground floor. At which time, I spoke to the desk manager who arranged for someone to take up stairs via the service elevator. When I was checking out, again, only one elevator was working so i took the stairs from the 10th floor to the lobby. The club lounge was lacking in a lot of ways. The one person working over the weekend did her absolute best for the people using the lounge but was clearly overwelmed and could have used some help. The toilet in my room was leaking and when the serviceman came to fix it, I was told to 'not sit back too far' as it would leak again and they will have to replace. Additionally, the bathroom fan didn't work, and the vanity had only one out of three lightbulbs over the sink. And i'm not certain they ever vacuumed the floor in my room because there was lint on the floor from when i arrived until the day I left. Parking: It cost 15.00 to park whether you valet or self park.

Throughout my stay, I did receive a lot of apologies for things not being better and 'is there anything I can do to make it better" If they knew what was wrong or lacking (which they did, because I told them) did I really need to tell them how to fix it to make it better?

I am a SPG Platinum member and of all my travels over the years, I'm sad to say this hotel stay is really near the bottom. The hotel clearly needs some work in a lot of areas.

This hotel may be ok for an overnight stay because of proximity to the airport, but i wouldn't do it longer than that.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are always interested in hearing from our guests no matter what the circumstances. While we continually challenge ourselves to demonstrate and provide overall comfort for our guests, regrettably this was not the case with your visit. I’m terribly sorry to learn of the defiencies you rencountered. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to make it right.

David Berger, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The location is great for quick travel to the airport. Elevators needs major work. Thanks to Kay for making this stay warm with her speedy check in. Food a lil pricy but really good. Thanks Tomas also for good service as well. Everyone here is really helping

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you your review of our hotel and thank you for your indulgence as we attempted to put the elevators back on track. Both Kay and Tomas will be so pleased to learn that they helped to ensure an overall pleasant stay. We hope to have another opportunity to be your preferred hotel on your next trip.

Kind regards,
David Berger, General Manager
Calgary
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Even though it is an airport hotel, we foud this to be great location for our Miami trip. We mainly booked it for the ease of flying out for an early flight, but it turned out to be a nice central location for our trips to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Meyers and Miami Beach.

Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I would like to commend two of the staff of the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. Agar, who checked us in was extremeny helpful, expediting our registration process even though our reservation was listed under a couple we were traveling with who had not yet arrived. Also offering us a high level of service was Kay, who secured transportation for us to a nearby market so we could purchase several essentials for our upcoming cruise. The entire experience at the hotel was excellent, including the accomodations, the staff, and the restaurant.

Room Tip: Golf course side might be quieter, but wwe were on the street side and found it very quiet as wll.
New York
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I wouldn't stay at this hotel for any more than two nights and chose this mainly for its proximity (5-10 mins. drive) to the airport given a very early morning flight. It's a standard airport hotel and it had all I needed for a night's stay including a clean room, complimentary airport shuttle, internet access and a decent restaurant in the premises. This seems to be a popular choice among flight attendants and pilots in transit, as well as travelers on overnight layovers. The staff was friendly and helpful and were efficient with the check-in and check-out.

I wouldn't choose this hotel for longer stays or vacations in Miami. South Beach is a good 20-30 minutes away and the airport area isn't exactly the liveliest and most interesting part of town.

Room Tip: This is a good hotel for overnight stays when on a layover in Miami and if you want to be closer to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karslima
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

The best thing the hotel offers is the location. It is really just opposite the rental car center and on the other side is a nice golf course.
The staff was not very helpful and friendly.
During our stay only one elevator was working and it took us about 20 minutes to get in with a baby stroller because it was always full... Even the housekeeping used this elevator.
The breakfast buffet was rather poor and their omelet station looked really dirty so I kind of lost my appetite...
The rooms are okay... A bit outdated and could use some renovations... They really could pay more attention to the details...

• Stayed March 2013
Botany, Australia
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a few days. We enjoyed every moment of it. The shuttle arrive right on time. Alex at the bell stand is the best. The breakfast was amazing everyone in the rickenbacker is awesome. The front desk staff is attentive and friendly. Thanks Kay for the view. I have nothing bad to say. Everyone on this Sheraton team is GREAT. I'm going back so ill make sure I write everyone name