“BETTER THAN EXPECTED”

Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“BETTER THAN EXPECTED”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

other than the toilet leaking, it was a great time staying there! front desk staff was very helpful, mgmnt was great, valet guys were the best (we had an oversize pickup truck,they found a great spot for it), and VICTOR the bartender and the other guy with him were fantastic! can't wait to stay there for next year's boat show.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roger C
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to post your comments. We were pleased to learn that your overall experience was good. I'll be sure to share this with the valet team as well as with Victor and his team in the VIn Fiz. We are delighted that you will be returning to the Sheraton Maimi Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center for next year's Boat Show.

Kind regards,
David Berger, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (736)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Very shabby hotel that shows deferred maintenance. Rooms lack chairs to seat more than one. When asked for second chair they said that was the way it was.
Restaurant VERY expensive with meals that are average at best. Servers didn't seem to care about service. On top of the high menu prices you are REQUIRED to pay a 15% "service charge" that the help said they never saw!!
Front desk people of little or no help. Didn't know city at all. Our driver of the shuttle actually fell asleep while we were loading and then departed 10 minutes late. He didn't care!
Location is close to airport. Will have to go quite a ways if you want to see South Beach.
My recommendation - sleep and eat at the airport!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bnjmartin01
I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We apologize for the deficiencies you experienced. We clearly failed with your visit and hope to have another opportunity to better serve you. Thank you for your comments and please know that we will share this with our teams for corrective solutions.

Bardolino, Italy
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The hotel is connected by an excellent free shuttle service and is also very close to the bus stop (the number 150 is the one that leads directly to South Beach, taking about 20-25 minutes) and metrorail. The room was nice, spacious, comfortable and very clean, also free internet, HD TV. The breakfast was incredibly generous and good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. What ca I say more? The best choice if you stop few days in Miami!

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with the view on golf courses
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank madteo77
What a pleasure it is to read that you had a pleasant experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Thank you for sharing the highlights of your visit. We appreciate your mention of our staff and the hospitality they extended to you. Your recommendation means the world to us and we hope you’ll be back with us for another comfortable stay soon.

Kind regards,
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I was picked up promptly, with-in 10 minutes of waiting for the shuttle. All shuttle drivers were very helpful and engaging, loading my luggage. Check in was a breeze, no wait, was assigned a room on the airport side, asked for one on the golf course side and was happily and eagerly accomodated. The air conditioner in my room was not loud and I rather enjoyed the 'white noise' that the pure air purifer and a/c provided, slept like a baby. The bed is very comfortable and there is absolutely no noise from the airport or neighboring rooms. There are a few centimeters under the door, yet hall noise was barely audible. I put a towel across the bottom of the door to block light from the hall from coming in. The room and bath were impecably clean and fresh, the pillows had perfect loft and nothing was stained. The linens must have been newer or the thread count high because it was not rough or pilled, same with the towels. The bath had an adjustable pattern rain shower head, marble flooring and a granite counter. The color theme in the rooms and the rest of the hotel are very spa like, aquamarine, sandy beige and warm brown. The rooms are completely modern and do not need updating. I ordered room service my first night and was greeted by the nicest man on the telephone while calling in my order, it was delivered within 20 minutes and was delicious. There is a small gift shop off the lobby which was very convenient for snacks, beverages, souvenirs and things you may have forgotten while packing. Check out was equally as simple and quick. The internet connection in the business center on the main level is so slow that I was unable to print my boarding passes having to wait no less than 10 minutes for things to load, click by click. After spending an hour getting my boarding passes on screen, I had to have a magic code to print, which is not provided. I was offered use of the elitist club levels busniess center on floor 2 or 'M' and had them all recalled to the screen and printed within 5 minutes. My experience was wonderful with just two minor oversights, I was not given my vouchers for the breakfast buffet and I specifically booked a room saying that it did include this amenity. The waitress asked the front desk about it, and indeed I didn't have to pay for breakfast, but it was inconvenient and embarassing to have to figure it all out and plead and bargain with the waitress in the restaurant as a voucher was not offered at check in. I also did not recieve and was not offered my $5 gift certificate for not having my room linens changed and made up by the maids on my second day. I put the correct plackard on the door. As the shuttle bus was ready to leave, I didn't stick around to fight for it. Overall, I love this hotel, issues were because of industry average minor employee neglect, accomodations were well above average. I would stay again, knowing to make sure to demand all that you have coming to you at around $200 per night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Bumbleberries
Caracas, Venezuela
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Hotel staff is very pleasant, especially Mrs. Cecilia Suarez in the restaurant area. We apreciated the kindness of her during our staying. Our visit was exceptional. The location is very convenient close to airport. We hope to return soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stayed one night at this property before an early morning flight. The hotel is very nice and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The restaurant is very good. I had both lunch and dinner. They have a great outdoor patio for dining. A definite plus. Completely covered for shade and beautiful views of canal and golf course.

The rooms are clean and nice. I was upgraded to a club floor room. This is the first Sheraton I have stayed in that had an enormous club lounge. It is the largest lounge I have ever been in. Reminds me of an airline lounge at an international airport. The choice of food was great and between meals the lounge had plenty of beverages and snacks available.

I would highly recommend this property for a quick stay before a flight. It could be a little more inconvenient for longer stays given there is really nothing close by, since it is at the airport.

Room Tip: Go for the club floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Vancouver, Bc, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Flew in for a one night B and B before our cruise. Chose the golf course view which was also better than expected. The bed was excellent. Quiet for an airport hotel. Staff attentive throughout. Was especially impressed with the valet parking and drop-off and concierge dept. It was a busy Saturday morning and these guys worked with platoon-like precision in filling a up tour/transfer buses, taxis, and guest vehicles.
Negs: the place is a little run down, but for the money I don't care. The breakfast buffet very busy and something less than that of a cruise ship for cuisine quality, but for the money I don't care. Would stay there again for sure.

Room Tip: Get golf course view for the quiet. The breakfast buffet is pricey for what you get but you get grea...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple