Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #30 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and had a great time.
The vallet parking guys are great and extremelly helpful, specially Geo from Costa Rica, great guy.
On the last day Geo recommended a great cuban restaurant called Rosa, very good food and service. I would definately come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Beatriz R

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I love staying overnight at the Sheraton Miami Airport for a layover. First off, the airport shuttle is a 5 minute ride and runs every 15 minutes, and the shuttle drivers are very courteous. There is a red carpet reception line at the front desk for SPG members - a nice perk. Check in was a snap. I was greeted by Kay, who informed me of the amenities and assigned a room on the 7th floor overlooking the golf course ( kudos for excellent customer service ). The room was standard Sheraton clean with a comfortable bed and a desk ( free wifi for SPG members). The golf course view was soothing after a long flight. There is a fitness center which I didn't use but looked adequate, and a heated pool. My rate included the breakfast buffet and it was better than expected in quality and variety. The return shuttle to the airport was as efficient as the arrival. I have stayed elsewhere for a Miami layover but the proximity to airport, comfort, amenities and customer service has made the Sheraton Miami Airport my favorite.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a golf course view are nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cecilskong
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have had excellent service from Ron Wilson, a bell man, at the Sheraton Hotel, Miami Airport location. He brought our bags to our room, showed us amenities in the hotel, brought ice to our room and delivered water etc. to us. He was very helpful, kind and mannerly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy170
Reviewed February 9, 2013

It was my first time at the Sheraton Miami Airport, and it was a pleasant surprise. The facitlites were fabulous, and from the moment you arrived you were made to feel quite at home. I was also impressed by its close proximity to the airport; five minutes in the shuttle and you were there. The lavish buffet breakfast offered all you can eat, and I made the most of it. The room service was also exceptional, and by the time I was ready to leave, I knew I would be back again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank kaowinston
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Excellent front desk staff, very friendly and helpful. We had access to the club lounge which was fantastic since our room was not ready and we came early from the ship. The restaurant was large, clean and had friendly staff, nice location with outside terrace. Again we were allowed to stay there for a while until our rooms became ready. The rooms are dated, nothing special, the bed was not great. I think that personally they could add a chair or couch to sit on but that's just me because I like to read. Most people use this hotel as a stop over for the airport, and indeed it is handy because they have a free shuttle to the airport. Just make sure the driver knows exactly where you need to be dropped off (airlines) at or you will find yourself walking. We told our driver 4 times what airline we wanted and he proceeded to drive past it and then told us he could not go back around because he had to drive back to the hotel. I mean it was not my mistake he missed it, if he did not understand what I said then he should have asked me. Overall the hotel is perfect for a day or two stopover for the airport. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a normal room, however I wonder if a PURE room would have been better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KDSK
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Hotels are only as good as what they are used for, right? I mean, if visiting Miami is going to be about a beachfront hotel, then one doesn't pick a hotel that is 20 miles away from the beach. That said, after location, there are many commonalities about what one wants from a hotel. Although the priorities may change with each person, safety, cleanliness, courtesy, and comfort are all usually attributes of a hotel that guests would like.

This hotel is not on the beach. It's not even close to the beach. But it is close to the airport and for certain travelers this proximity might be perfect. (Hint: if you don't want to wait for the airport shuttle, the hotel is across the street from the Rental Car center which is served by the airport's tram, a 10 minute trip terminal to hotel.) It is also clean, comfortable and courteous. On my recent trip I arrived early and just checked to see if a room was available yet. The front desk and housekeeping staff went out of their way to help me out. Now I am a frequent guest at Starwood hotels so that might have helped, but mostly it was just nice that the people working in the hotel really wanted me to be happy. Thank-you Torri! Similarly, the team in the restaurant each morning seemed willing to do anything to make guests happy at breakfast. And, if you want to travel to shopping, off property restaurants, etc., the front desk was full of information and helpful suggestions. Best of all, with the exception of the beach, shopping, food, etc are all pretty close. I will do this again.

Room Tip: The rental car center is across the street from the hotel. It is very easy to access.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Thomas B
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Booked a 2 night stay in Double Golf View Room with breakfast prior to cruise.
Upon arrival in the room it was obvious it wasn't a Golf View one. Reception said that these rooms were on a 'first-come' basis, despite the fact I paid a premium for that type of room, then they said that these rooms didn't have 2 beds anyway. I don't believe that one.
Also advised that room and breakfast on a 2 night stay only allows breakfast on one morning. Really? Wow, that's a new one. Needed heating on in the room at night, but it only noisily blew out cold air despite a warm setting.
Very comfy beds and great restaurant food, but the room and breakfast issues spoiled our stay.

Room Tip: Check you are allocated what you booked at check-in!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family