“Good place to bunk down for the night.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
Ranked #36 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Pickering, Ontario
“Good place to bunk down for the night.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had just driven in from Key West, and needed a place to stay overnight before taking the plane home. This Sheraton was very convenient. We dropped off the car at the Rental Car Building, and easily walked over to the Sheraton. Check-in at the desk was smooth. Our room was great, the beds were heavenly, the pillows were wonderful. We had upgraded to a club room to take advantage of the Starwood Lounge. Here, it was disappointing at the hors dòeuvres time. A couple of couples brought their very loud children in (who were playing with toy light sabers and screaming around the place ... and the parents were ignoring them), and I`m sure they ate everything in the first five minutes the lounge was open. When we arrived 20 minutes later, there were some cubes of cheese left, not much else. We left very shortly afterwards. The Sheraton should do something to ensure that when people come to a lounge, they get quiet, not the activity of young children. The breakfast was much better, but we were there before 8:00 in the morning. Lots of variety, I base my opinion of a breakfast on whether or not there are hard-boiled eggs offered, and they were, so this gets high marks from me. Check out very smooth, the shuttle was convenient, and took us right where we wanted to be in the airport.

Room Tip: If you upgrade to Club, you`ll get a view of the golf course, as opposed to a view of the monorail t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TFry55

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
The Villages
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I just spent a long weekend in Miami at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. When I arrived I was impressed on how courteous the staff was on welcoming me to the hotel. The room was very clean, the restaurant was also clean and the food was excellent with a nice view of the golf course. The price of the room was very reasonable and it also included breakfast. I will be returning to Miami soon and will definitely book this hotel

Room Tip: If you are looking for a clean and comfortable hotel look no further this is a great choice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RSilvia736
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center and thank you for acknowledging our friendly staff. They work hard at ensuring our guests feel comfortable and at home, away from home. Hope to again be of service on your next visit to Miami.

Best regards,David Berger
Shelby Township, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is the third trip to Miami I have taken for work, and this is the third hotel I have stayed at. I had an AMAZING time! The staff (especially Torri) was INCREDIBLE! Every request I had, they fulfilled or went beyond. The rooms were very cozy, and the beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in outside my own home. Even being near the airport, the noise was not bad. I didn't hear a single plane from my room. The view of the golf course and river out back from the pool and restaurant area was nice. Some really neat wildlife (birds, iguanas, etc.). The pool was kept at a perfect temperature. The restaurant had a great buffet for breakfast, and the burger I had at lunch was very, very good.

The staff was the most pleasant I have dealt with in any hotel I have ever stayed at. (I have to mention them again, because they really were THAT good). They were patient, kind, understanding. I had managed to lock my room from the inside by leaving through my work partner's adjoining room. They were able to open it quickly, and without complaint. HUGE respect for these people. They are truly great!

The one thing I will mention is that I am not a fan of paid parking. At $15/day for self park or all-day valet, it is pretty much par for the course in Miami (outside downtown) - so I accept it. But the lot/garage was never too full, or congested, was well lit at night, and was easy to get in and out of.

Overall, this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in terms of the overall experience. The courteous, attentive and laid back staff were something I will always remember, and should be used as a template for great customer service everywhere. The next time I need to travel to Miami for work, I will be requesting this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike Z
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Our Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds are one of Sheraton Hotels & Resorts core initiatives. Our guests often give thumbs up to its comfort. We truly appreciate your overall positive review and recognition of our associates. They work hard at making our guests feel at home, away from home.
Regards, David Berger
leicester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The 2nd time we have been allocated a room here as part of our Celebrity package, before jetting back to the UK.
Although the initial arrival was chaotic due to arrivals and departures, reception responded very well and our room was in excellent order on the 6th floor for club members.
The elevators could have been better managed.
The hotel appeared to be in very good condition and the restaurant provisions ideal for lunch combined with very pleasant exterior features.
Complimentary shuttle service to Miami Airport was an added bonus and ensured a much more pleasant transport than the cruise line bus.
We would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for cruise/airline transit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank constellation10
We are pleased to have had another opportunity to serve you at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. Thank you for sharing your experience . . . We are always open to feedback from our guests. We hope that we will once again be your stop-over on your next cruise.
Kind regards, David Berger
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We needed a hotel near the airport with long term parking and we always enjoy the Sheraton. Lovely hotel with excellent service, nice, friendly staff, and excellent food. Be sure to ask for the buffet breakfast which offered the best giant blackberries we've ever had! Our room was very quiet, clean, great bathroom. We made use of the guest laundry on the 3rd floor, but bring lots of quarters and your own detergent because there is no change machine and only 1 washer and dryer. Luckily we used it at 6am but no noise was heard outside the laundry room. This is a good hotel which we will use next time we leave out of Miami. Free shuttle to the airport!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CherylandBrett
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and hope that we will have another opportunity to welcome you again on your next visit to Miami!

Kind regards, David Berger
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Well check-in was fast but they forgot to add-in entry to the Club \Lounge (not on the computer apparently), fixed quickly and nicely. Clubs have gone down since the days of the old Sheraton Club though. 3 lads in their 20s making loud wisecracks and the attendant spending 40 minutes chatting to a Colombian at peak decibel level. Breakfast limited but good. Rooms seen better days, but the whole thing seemed quite charming, really. Not posh, brash or new....a bit like an old pair of slippers that have seen better days but you like to wear them. And it's only 3 minutes from MIA.

I'd go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RickWorth
Trenton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had an unscheduled layover, hotel paid for by American Air. Hotel was fine, it was a litle tired and we only got a 4th floor, so nothing special BUT, we had a food voucher and went into the hotel restaruant and had what was one the best bowls of "French Onion Soup" ever. I very often try this dish along with a brusseta type side...this soup was not cider based( I dont care for cider base) , had lots of cheese and it had "French fried onions" on the top. first time I have seen that. If you like straight beef base, you won,t go wrong with this soup.

Room Tip: The best room I saw was the restaraunt :]
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple