WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
Ranked #34 of 124 Hotels in Miami
UK
“overall, I liked it against all odds.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Well check-in was fast but they forgot to add-in entry to the Club \Lounge (not on the computer apparently), fixed quickly and nicely. Clubs have gone down since the days of the old Sheraton Club though. 3 lads in their 20s making loud wisecracks and the attendant spending 40 minutes chatting to a Colombian at peak decibel level. Breakfast limited but good. Rooms seen better days, but the whole thing seemed quite charming, really. Not posh, brash or new....a bit like an old pair of slippers that have seen better days but you like to wear them. And it's only 3 minutes from MIA.

I'd go again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RickWorth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (679)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Trenton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had an unscheduled layover, hotel paid for by American Air. Hotel was fine, it was a litle tired and we only got a 4th floor, so nothing special BUT, we had a food voucher and went into the hotel restaruant and had what was one the best bowls of "French Onion Soup" ever. I very often try this dish along with a brusseta type side...this soup was not cider based( I dont care for cider base) , had lots of cheese and it had "French fried onions" on the top. first time I have seen that. If you like straight beef base, you won,t go wrong with this soup.

Room Tip: The best room I saw was the restaraunt :]
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stayed here in October 2012 for two nights before continuing on. All I can say is great hotel easy location to airport and transport hub. Exec lounge is nice although the evening offerings are a bit slim. Staff pleasant and airport shuttle is really great as it operates on a continuous rotation so longest I had to wait was 10 minutes. Rooms are very nice and by the looks of things the exec level ones have been recently refurbished, the beds were very comfortable after a transcon flight from London. Would defiantly stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank avi8or_1990
Punta Arenas, Costa Rica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Ended up here after missing a connection, traveled in Business Class. The shuttle to and from the airport was great, friendly driver and I did not have to wait long at all. Front desk check in with Dominique was top notch, as a hotel owner I would be thrilled to have my clients treated to kindly and cooly! However, upon entrance to the room all went to crap. There were no lights in the room. It took twenty minutes to get someone up to come up and realize that there were no light bulbs in the lamps. Basic housekeeping, cmon! No brainer! Room is..( I write from desk in room)..very dusty..dark ...and lots of fingerprints on walls....floors in bathroom have hairs. AC is too cold...horrible climate control. This is two star crappy of what the Sheraton can be. THANK GOD I DID NOT PAY FOR THIS DUMP.

Room Tip: dont expect much
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank enez
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We are continually challenging ourselves to demonstrate and provide overall comfort for our guests and regret that this was not the case with your visit. I’m terribly sorry to learn of the deficiencies you experienced with your room. Our hotel recently completed over 3 million dollars of improvements.

Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and would greatly appreciate an opportunity to make it right. In this regard, please feel free to reach out to me should your travels bring you to Miami in the near future.

David Berger
new england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Wonderful service, front desk staff eager to help, courteous and professional! The rooms are modern and clean. Beds are fantastic! For being an airport hotel, it was very quiet. Lovely outdoor restaurant seating facing a golf course, not what you would expect finding at an airport hotel. Breakfast buffet expensive and service slow.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vmt123
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the hotel for one night in mid October on the way to South America. Left early in the morning, jumped on the plane, while on stopver in Haiti, got a phone call from the manager, I had left my sport coat in my room. They held it for me for when I returned 4 days later, but the hotel was full, so I used their shuttle bus to get to the hotel, the manager got my jacket for me, then he put me back on their shuttle to get me to one of their sister hotels in the area. I will stay here for sure on my next trip, and I will book early as it seems to fill up. That is how you get customers to come back to a property.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

We just stayed overnight, coming back from the Caribbean. Our expectations were not high, but we all four (in two separate rooms) really liked this hotel. The rooms were very modern, bathrooms were great, very quiet, comfy beds. We also went down to the restaurant around 8:30 for a quick dinner and were again pleasantly surprised at the quality of the meal and the service. And the shuttle bus in both directions was prompt with helpful service. We would all definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and the rooms were very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again in the near future.

David Berger