“This was our first USA trip as a stop off before a cruise.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel
Ranked #36 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Durham, United Kingdom
“This was our first USA trip as a stop off before a cruise.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The hotel is literally 5 minutes from the airport. It looks onto a beautiful lake and a golf course. The breakfast is excellent and good value for money. Staff are very helpful and rooms clean. There is also an added bonus of free wifi in hotel lobby and bar area. Unfortunately this is not available in the bedrooms but paid for Internet is available. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We were delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us, especially since we were your first USA stop. Glad to be on the welcoming team. We hope to see you again soon.

David Berger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (663)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
dallas,texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Avoid this Restaurant--- RICKENBACKER---- worst service ever!
Order was incorrect -- had to beg someone to wait on me .... Maybe my drink?... Ok I'll just go into the kitchen and ask again ....

I suggest eating at a location away from the hotel... Take the shuttle back to the Airport for example....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank joelmed
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had a one night stay at this property prior to departing on a cruise. Got in late, no issues what so ever with checking in. Staff was extremely pleasant and professional. Rooms were clean, decorated nicely and the bed was incredibly comfortable. Facilities were inviting: pool, workout room and lounge. Easy access to/from airport (five minute shuttle ride) and twenty minute cab ride to port of Miami.
I highly recommend this property!

Room Tip: Ask for "golf course" view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank gman1123
We read your review and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Miami!

nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Great Service - Specially the Restaurant. Tania Alfonso was absolutely Great!!!! Super attentive and sweet. Always with a smile and go the extra mile. Great recommendations. Thanks a lot Tania for making my stay enjoyable! I stayed at the hotel for Business. My experience was Excellent! Very Helpful Staff for most of then.

I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We were delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay and our staff will be happy to hear that they helped to make that happen, especially Tania Alphonso. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. They work exceptionally hard to make every guest feel welcomed. We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards, David Berger
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Checked in at midnight. They did not have the king room they guaranteed (only queen) . Clerk signed me in incorrectly (mispelled my name) at front desk so I have no wi-fi access in their system. Coffee station in room has dirty napkins and no stirrers. Counter in bathroom seemed dirty. I will give them credit for Heavenly bed. All this for a pretty premium price! Next time I have to fly thru Miami, I will try another airport hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank nycmom1
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. We were pleased to read that you did enjoy our Sweet Sleeper Mattress in spite of the fact that we did not have your preferred room type available for you. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the deficienies you experienced with your room and internet access. I hope that you did address these with the desk so that we could make it right. We take all comments seriously and share them with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments and we hope to have another opportunity to better serve you on your next trip to Miami.

Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed two days at this hotel and were pleasantly surprised! Most amazing was the staff - from bellman, front desk, housekeeping, and the restaurants - so very helpful and eager to please. The lobby has free internet and the room was nice and overlooked the golf course (please ask for this view). The heated outdoor pool had plenty of chairs and the exercise room had adequate equipment. The shuttle runs every 15 mins from the airport and also is available to take you to the International Mall. Prices at the Rickenbacker restaurant are a little pricey, but the food is excellent! Well worth it. Ditto for Vin Fiz and its servers. Kudos to Cecilia Suarez at Rickenbacker; as she is a wonderful server and did her utmost to make our restaurant experience pleasant. We would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank Hilthd2000
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center. We were delighted to learn that you had a wonderful stay and our staff will be happy to hear that they helped to make that happen. Thank you for recognizing our associates' efforts, especially Cecilia Suarez. Rest assured that I will share your comments with her. Again, thank you, and we hope that we will have another opportunity to be your preferred hotel in Miami.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Everything about this hotel is Fabulous. Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted by Geo from valet. He went over and beyond my expectations. I was new to Miami, and he took care of me. He dropped me off at a great El Salvadorian restaurant, and gave me his # to call him when I was done. He also made sure that every request I had, from needing a bottle opener to finding a ride down to South Beach was met. Geo had Alex another valet give me a lift around town, which was great because he was easy to talk to, & made me feel very comfortable and safe.

The front desk staff was also fast, friendly and efficient. Check in process was quick and error free. Nicola, was the night manager on duty. She made sure that once I was in my room that I had everything I needed. The next morning I needed change as well as recommendations for breakfast. Nicole, Maria, and Leo were very pleasant and helpful. Upon checkout Torri was very friendly & pleasant to deal with.

My last night in Miami, my flight was canceled due to Hurricane Sandy. The hotel was sold out and I was stuck with no where to go. I asked to speak with the GM David Berger, and without hesitation he was able to find me accommodations to make sure I had a roof over my head. A true sign of a manager who cares deeply about his guest.

Overall my stay at the Sheraton was absolutely fantastic, everything was great, the employees were awesome. I HIGHLY recommend you stay at this property, you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MrBrownMD
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel and Executive Meeting Center. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our teams work hard at extending efficient and hospitable service so it was great to learn that Geo, Nicola, Alex, Nicole, Maria, Leo and Torri from our valet/guest services team did just that. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. I’ll be sure to pass along your kind comments and hope that we will have another opportunity to be your preferred hotel in Miami.