Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #31 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed here after a cruise, before flying home. Property is clean. A/C barely cooled the room. Nice view of golf course. Might choose this property again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center

Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel is convenient and clean. If you need an overnight stay during a long connection or when overnighting before a cruise or if you need a day room during a long layover, it would be fine. Extended stays should be avoided at all costs. This hotel is very run down and desperately needs renovating.
I stayed at this hotel for two nights when I had two days of meetings at the airport. Being a Starwood Platinum member I waited to be checked-in at the Platinum line. When the agents finished with the people in front of me I was greeted with "Name". I was given a room on the 8th floor overlooking the golf course. I asked for a room on the same floor as the lounge and was given a room overlooking the airport. The view would have been disturbing except for the fact that the window was in such poor condition that you could not see through the central pane of glass. The room,though rundown, was clean and the television worked properly. The telephone was on the side of the bed furthest away from the television which is not convenient. The extremely short chord made it impossible to speak on the phone without bending over or sitting on the bed. The bed itself was quite standard. The bottom sheet was fitted which I greatly appreciated. The Platinum lounge was a disappointment. It was supposed to open at 5:30 in the evening. One of the two evenings I had to call to advise the Front Desk that at 6pm it was still empty. During breakfast I requested a knife with which to cut my bagel. The attendant took a dirty knife from the sink, rinsed it off, dried it with a dish towel and handed it to me. I twice had to make my way around a housekeeping cart to enter the lounge because a member of the housekeeping staff was standing behind the counter eating and talking with the attendant. I did appreciate the selection of soft drinks and juices with which the lounge was always stocked. The view from the lounge onto the golf course was quite pretty.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view onto the golf course.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank newyorkbo
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a couple of times, once on business and once with family overnight before a cruise. The location is great if you are laid over at the airport. I didn't like the location because there weren't any restaurants or stores within walking distance. The hotel has a nice gift shop which is good because you can't really walk anywhere to get anything. The hotel restaurant is alright and the breakfast buffet is expensive but very good. The rooms are nice but starting to show their age. The service was average. The surrounding area is not very nice but the hotel seemed safe. I had a view of a golf course, the other side of the building has a view of the elevated train tracks. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Arrived early and we were treated like royalty and we were provided the opportunity to check in early - great option due to our luggage and toddler's needs. Since I never use valet except when I use a rental car, the self parking garage as a bit far for a family. Otherwise, we enjoyed ourselves with nearly perfect room service meal that night and had an awesome room service breakfast the next day. Incidentally, there is absolutely no noise from the airport activity. Our view of the golf course was nice and our five year old loved to watch the airplanes now and then. We will definately be back when visiting the area each year.

Room Tip: High floor (southeast corners) golf course views are best...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

While stuck in Miami during a layover, I booked this hotel based purely on location and that there was a shuttle from the airport. We were exhausted after our international flight/going though customs etc. The service was great, and the room very nice. The beds are spectacular, especially after a long day. Since we checked in late (around 10pm), and had an early flight, we took showers ate room service and went to sleep. We realized just before bed that our toilet was broken (wouldn't flush), but it was so late and our stay do short, neither of us cared enough to complain. I took a sleeping pill, and we went to bed.
Around 2am or so, we both were woken up to a pounding in our room. After a minute or two to realize what was happening, we realized there was a man at the door, breaking the security lock from his pounding the door. This means that his key unlocked the door, and if we didn't have the security latch done, he'd be standing inside our room. We yelled out that he had the wrong room, heard him grumble and stumble off (intoxicated I presume). Because of the time and level of exhaustion, we both fell back asleep, not even thinking about the severity of what happened. (also, I did take a sleeping pill and couldn't even move my body yet, let alone think clearly). In the morning, we looked at the latch which was broken- hanging on one screw actually. At checkout, I explained all of this to the concierge, and said that I just didn't want to be charged for the damage and to make them aware of the issue. She was incredibly apologetic and sympathetic, but had to call get manager over. The manager immediately was skeptical and didn't believe the story, claiming because we didn't immediately call security. I explained that u didn't care if he believed us, but there was no other explanation for how the lock was broken and I refuse to pay for it. Still not believing me, he offered to go back to the room together to investigate. I had a flight to catch and had no time, so I left my contact information so he could inform me of any findings. Talk about victim blaming..
The concierge offered us breakfast for free, but because time was a concern, comped our room service instead. She was very nice and professional; the manager was a jerk. I have never heard anything from them, even after a few weeks. I also am a preferred member, which I thought would help but apparently not. Needless to say, I was less than impressed with this Sheraton and will never be returning there again. Be warned.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank cutie16930
Reviewed March 22, 2012

A post cruise day room was included as part of our cruise package. Short transfer from the Port of Miami, reception struggled to cope with the large number of guests checking in at the same time. Room although a little tired was very well equipped. The coffee provided in the room was excellent. Took advantage of the free, regular, hotel shuttle to get to the airport where we are able to catch a bus Miami Beach for the princely sum of $2.30 each way. This ensured that we were able to make full use of our day in Miami.

Only disappointment was that we had to check out of our room at 16.00 which left us a bit in limbo prior our evening flight back to the UK.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here for one night with an early morning departure from the airport. Served our needs perfectly! Very comfortable bed, and the free shuttle to the airport runs every 15 minutes and the ride to the airport takes less than 5 minutes. Would stay here again. Got a good deal with a Priceline bid.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family