WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #33 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Union City, New Jersey
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

It is not easy to work out of home town; however, it is priceless to find a home away from home, and I found my home at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. I am staying every week since last September 2011, and I will continue.

This hotel has the best staff ever, an excellent GM working hard to improve the hotel everyday; a great sales person that is more than a marketing is a friend, thank you Jose.

Thank you Kat and Stanley for your special way to help and treat everybody.

Furthermore, to start your day you can enjoy a breakfast like home. It is an outstanding service with and unique staff with person like Carlos, Domingo, Bostone, Ruben, Melissa and the rest of the team.

If you are coming to Miami, I recommend you the best place to stay "Sheraton Miami Airport"

Andres Garcia!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Andres G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

I spent one night at the Sheraton Miami Airport after arriving on a late-evening flight. The pending Boat Show had most of the hotels booked in town, and I didn't want to try and navigate an unfamiliar city after flying all day. Got a good price on this hotel through Priceline, and was very pleased with my stay.

The location is VERY convenient for the airport, and in hindsight I could have waited to pick up my rental car the following morning, as they are so close to the Rental Car Center. In fact, the hotel is located directly at the bottom of the ramp as you exit the Rental Car Center. It is not overly easy to cross over and enter, but it's still a good location.

Parking is by valet only, but it was easy and very quick. I called as I left the room in the morning, and my car was already waiting when I reached the lobby. The room was clean, in good shape, and very quiet. I never heard anyone in the hallways, or even the normal sound of pipes, etc. My best compliments are saved for the bed, which was extremely comfortable. Props to Sheraton for this.

Overall, it was a nice stay. I can't imagine staying here if you're not wanting to be based directly at the airport, but if that's what you need, the Sheraton is a good choice.

1 Thank NellieVA
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

2 nights while working in Miami area, right next to Miami International which is really the best thing is has going in my opinion. It isn't easy to get in and out of if you aren't familiar with the area but once you get the hang of it, not bad at all.

Staff upon check in were all very nice from valet to front desk. Valet only and it will cost you 15 a day so be prepared. No upgrades available even though I called twice and asked and they told me they would do their best, well best didn't work :) All good though, standard king room with some air purifier thing.

No mini refrigerators left which bummed me out but access to lounge with status is a bonus!

Didn't get good sleep here at all. It must have been the combination of my neighbor and the air purifier, just didn't work for me as well it was a bit worn out so I never felt comfortable from the start. I get a bit freaked out when I see dirt and grime and I did in the bathroom, carpet and curtains. It was by no means unbearable just not to my liking.

Gym was good, plenty of gear, unsupervised minors though can pose an issue.

Pool looked good but didn't use.

Lobby was nice and bar seemed good.

All in all a decent stay but would I stay again, most likely not. Will look elsewhere to find what I like most in a hotel when in town.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

Our flight home was cancelled due to inclement weather, so we were "forced" to spend the night at the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel. All of the staff that we encountered, from the front desk, to the restaurant, were polite, courteous and eager to please. We were especially impressed with Carlos Lino in the Rickenbocker Restaurant. If you want a delicious, fresh cooked waffle for breakfast, Carlos is your man!! And he really knows how to cook an egg over easy! Kudos to Carlos and the entire staff for making our unexpected overnight a very pleasant and painless experience!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Key Largo, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2012

We used their park and fly parking garage so we decided to stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport for the convenience due to an evening flight. Our first room smelled of mold and the carpets and walls were stained. The second room on a different floor smelled of smoke,had stained carpet, and had loose tiles in the bathroom and had moldy water stains around the air conditioning duct. Our third room at least didn't smell but had large stains on the carpet and hand prints on the walls. This hotel needs a complete rehab. The owners should put some money back into this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!!!
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JayandLisa
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Geo Zeledon greeted us and made our last night in Florida so much easier by taking charge of our luggage, directing us where to return rental car, arranging shuttle for 5.00 am. Thanks for making our departure so much easier.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

I visited this hotel with my 3 children for a weekend trip to Miami. Although my booking company messed up my reservation, Stanley who was working at the front desk was incredibly kind and patient. We interacted with staff from Guest services, housekeeping, and valet, and all were so professional and courteous! This is one os THE BEST hotels I have stayed in!

Room Tip: Rooms here are quiet and we never even heard any outside noises.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family