“Very close to airport, clean rooms, good amenities, quiet”

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, CA
“Very close to airport, clean rooms, good amenities, quiet”
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This is a solid airport hotel that seems to have been fairly recently renovated. The rooms are clean (I had a King facing the golf course), quiet and fairly spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the bed/comforter were not lumpy or overly used. The hotel is very very close to the airport, but note that they charge for overnight parking (around thirteen dollars when I was there).

They have a decent bar and restaurant which is open relatively late. Staff was courteous.

Room Tip: Facing the golf course.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I have read the other reviews and wonder whether I stayed in the same hotel yesterday. The airport transfer is efficient, but do keep in mind that the property isn't in walking distance to the airport, so you need to add time to get to/fro the airport. They bumped me up to their 10th floor (Starwood Preferred guests). It's a construction site, so I had to walk over plastic sheets of some sort to get to my room. The room was typical Sheraton, I can't complain about the basics (great bed, wireless internet access reliably worked and was complimentary for a change, excellent coffee making facilities). The trouble is that the air conditioning unit is seemingly quite old, so it made sufficient noise to wake me up several times throughout the night. What's the point of staying in a hotel room over night if the aircon wakes you up all the time! They also added another unit aimed to clean the air in the rooms (they make big hay about it, so there's an explanatory card and whatnot). I switched it off to decrease the noise levels in the room just a little.
I had dinner in the bar. What a disaster. The French onion soup was ok, the chicken caesar salad an unmitigated disaster. I ended up paying over 50$ for what turned out to be a mediocre meal. The wine wasn't drinkable to be honest.
I agree wholeheartedly with various guests' comments on the friendliness and professionalism of hotel staff. Everyone I met (even the guy who served the lousy food in the bar) was truly pleasant to deal with and helpful as far as that was feasible. Beware, some of the buttons on the phones (eg 'Wake-up Call') are actually dead, nobody will respond when you push the button.
Would I stay here again, truth be told, I will, given that reviews of the only alternative hotel in the airport vicinity indicate a much worse property.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your detailed posting will be utilized to improve the overall experience of future guests. I am very happy to hear your impression of our team and customer service provided was to your satisfaction. It sounds like you were able to utilize the close proximity of our property to the airport. It takes approximately four minutes from the front door of the terminal to our driveway. Our tenth floor which you were upgraded to is our Club Floor which is utilized for Starwood Preferred Guests and VIP’s. We are currently refreshing our club lounge on this floor and put down some protective plastic to cover the corridor carpet. I apologize if the perception came off as a construction site. I will be sure to share your comments regarding the restaurant to our management team.

We welcome the opportunity to accommodate you on a future trip to Miami. Thank you for your feedback and most importantly your business.

Safe Travels
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 7, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Sheraton Miami Airport before and after our trip to St. John, VI. I was expecting another shabby airport hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. The staff is excellent and we were treated very well. The pool and restaurant were very good. The service was great. We spent some time with the newly hired manager of food services, Javier, and he was excited to improve the level of food services at the hotel. I must admit that I was really impressed with everyone we met at this property. Everyone was happy. They seemed intent on making their guests feel welcome and relaxed. The highlight of our visit was Geo at the valet desk. He gave us the royal treatment by driving us to and from an off property dinner. He also rolled out the red carpet for my little girls upon our return to the hotel. They were thrilled.

I am a platinum SPG member and stay in a lot of hotels for business. Our stay at the Sheraton Miami Airport made us feel special. Our very pleaseant stay was was totally unexpected. I think that Starwood has a little gem in this property and the people that work here. I look forward to visiting again sometime soon.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to Javier and the entire managemeent team. We will continue to "ROLL OUT THE RED CARPET" for all of our guests!

Safe Travels
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed November 5, 2011

I have been staying at this property now for 2 years. My most recent stay was on 11/4/and 11/5.

Courtesy Van; All the men that are at the bell desk and drive the van are very friendly and accomodating. Truly professional.

I always I look forward to seeing the front desk employees. Mr. Pierre, Charlotte, Miriam and Nathalie (as are all the front desk employees) are always wonderful to me when I check in. When I ask for a refrigerator or to have maintenance look at my air conditioning it is done right away.

I always ask housekeeping for extra towels as I walk to my room.The housekeeping staff is very friendly and accomodating.

SPG lounge. I love Ana in the morning. She always asks after my children and how I am doing.

Restaurant and Bar. Wow, tonight was truly exceptional. I asked waiter Miguel Gutierez if they had corn tortilla's for the quesadillas and he asked if I was gluten intolerant. I told him I was and that Chef Frank Liberoni does keep gluten-free bread for those of us that are gluten-free. Kudos to chef Frank and Miguel for making a wonderful quesadilla on toast points for me. Then Miguel said that to call ahead in the future to let chef Frank know that I will be arriving so he can purchase what I would like to have at the restaurants to accomodate my diet. Music to someone with food allergies.

Lastly, I would like to state that I was only scheduled to stay one night and woke up with the flu causing me to stay another night. When I asked Mr. Pierre if he could extend my visit one more night it was 'not a problem at all'. He also asked if he could bring me anything if I was too sick to come to the SPG lounge or lobby shop myself. I am certain that the hotel was overbooked as it often is but he always seems to magically "make it all happen" for all his guests and employees.

I love this property because the employees make me feel at home as possible when I am on the road. You are lucky to have such fabulous people.

Chandigarh, India
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We stayed there for one day at the end of our Florida trip the hotel is almost within the airport. Rooms are well maintained and we could interconnect both rooms. has got lovely pool side with cute Golf looks. Staff is nice and helpful. Never mind the distance from South Beach

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Worldwide
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Oooo boy, here we go---another MIA airport hotel. I should probably wise up and quit staying at MIA airport--and stop complaining about the hotels there. I've long ago come to expect the substandard levels of service and cleanliness that most MIA typify. From leftover food in my room from the previous guest, to checking into a room with someone already sleeping in the bed---I’ve pretty much seen it all at this airport. Maybe for that reason I was excited by the spiffy reviews for the MIA airport Sheraton. As my business often dictates, staying in the city was inconvenient so the airport it was.

On first look, the Sheraton was clean, renovated and well thought out. Nice common areas, reception, rooms, gym---in truth, the entire property is good. I believe this hotel used to be a Wyndam so a refresh was obviously done. But despite the new look, the same service prevailed that is common at the local hotels. My first day they did not replace any towels and it took a few phone calls to get linens before I could take a shower. This was complemented by leftover grounds in the coffeemaker, no replacement of cups and amenities (club level) and an overall lack of cleanliness in the public areas. It seems every surface I looked or leaned upon had leftover food crumbs or something sticky slopped upon; the place was unkept. This was the case in the temporary club lounge and in the restaurant. The valet parking was the real treat as it look around 20 minutes each morning to get my car. Lots of chaos, lost ticket, lost car and twice brought me the wrong vehicle.

Ever since somebody took the MIA airport Hilton and flushed it down the toilet, it’s been a dicey proposition getting a good hotel at MIA. Maybe this is the best of the lot and I should not be so picky. As I will inevitably be back at MIA, I’ll probably end up staying here again.

I just hope they replace my towels next time.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The drive up on the hotel feels very much like an airport hotel but I really liked that it is on a golf course and has a nice pool/pool bar! Clean, modern and very well kept property. I also felt like the front desk was friendly and efficient..the even remembered me.

Room Tip: Be sure and get one facing the golf course!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business