“I love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 119 Hotels in Miami
California
“I love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel back in 1997 when it was the Sheraton , then again in 2007 when it became the Wyndham, then now soon I'll be going when it returned to the Sheraton again. I didn't know hotels changed hands that often.

But I can say one thing, Wyndham should have never given it up! This is a great hotel, I loved everything about it. Its right there by the Miami Airport , you can see the planes fly in. But the rooms are sound proof. I can't think of one thing I didn't like but I can think of a lot I did like about this place.

When you get dropped off by their complimentary 24hr shuttle service , you walk into a lobby that just has the smell of vacation! Its like no other place that I've ever "stopped off" at for a vacation. I don't know , maybe its the anticipation of knowing you'll be heading out to some peaceful shore the next day that makes this hotel just a nice stop off.

The staff at this hotel are kind for the most part.

The food is EXPENSIVE and I really want to stress the word EXPENSIVE. For a burger , you'll pay a ton, and if you order roomservice , they include gratuity on the bill... But your waiter won't tell you that and let you put some more on the bill..

As far as the restaurant food, its very good, but you'll pay top dollar for anything you order, and yes, even for a burger w/ fries

Lobby - Very nice and open. They even have a couple of large monitors that show the flights for that day departing.. You can see if your flight is delayed or not. Very unique feature of theirs.

Pool - Clean , nice , quiet, relaxing

Gym - New equiptment, top of line.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (651)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Coral Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed at the hotel to meet a client who was flying in for the weekend from the North East. The hotel is literally on the door steps of the Miami Airport. I picked this hotel because it is conveniently located to Coral Gables which is so diverse in restaurants and night time entertainment. The hotel provided complimentary shuttle service to and from Coral Gables which was a huge convenience for us. I also wanted something right outside the airport that didn’t feel like we were staying at the airport. The hotel has a great outside pool area over-looking a golf course, river and the skyline of Downtown Miami. The pool area has a tiki-bar with a heated pool that we took full advantage of. The staff also was very attentive to our needs including the execution of a beautiful amenity left in my clients room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
San Jose
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

It was overall a nice and clean hotel with comfy beds and ok food. But you should definitely watch out for your stuff in the room. I lost a ring that conveniently showed up in the most awkward place when I called to complain, and another co-worker lost a pair of shoes that never showed up.
And the location is very close to the airport but nothing else whatsoever. No restaurants, pharmacy, etc. nothing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
First, thank you for your positive feedback regarding our guestrooms. My staff strives to ensure optimum cleanliness and comfort of every room for our guests.

I am relieved to hear that your lost ring was indeed found and is now in your possession. This hotel has specific lost and found procedures, and my staff and I take guest item recovery very seriously. We have not experienced any issues in regards to items missing in guest rooms. Hopefully, the integrity of our lost and found program as well as the honesty of my team members played a pivotal role in the return of your ring.

You also mentioned that we are very close to the Miami International Airport. We are in fact the closest hotel outside the airport, less than one (1) mile. We also offer a courtesy shuttle, should you need to go off property within a five (5) mile radius.

We hope that you will be our guest again on your next trip to Miami.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel 2-3 times a year when it was a Wydham and it was the best hotel. It just changed to a Sheraton and I hope during the switchover they kept the same staff, the same customer service levels, the same ambience and the same beds/rooms. The valet and bell staff here were the best (extremely friendly, professional, helpful, efficient) and what impressed me the most was that even though I stayed here only 1-3 times a year some of them would remember my name from year-to-year. Great staff can make or break a hotel and these staff set the bar high. The beds were super comfortable and clean and the food in the restaurant was really good. This hotel was so good (as a Wyndham) that I once had business on Miami Beach during spring break and didn't want to deal with the spring break crowd and party atmosphere that instead I stayed at the Wyndham Airport Hotel and commuted each day instead just so I was guaranteed a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

How does this place have 3-1/2 stars? There was no soap in our room, 1/2 a roll of toilet paper with no extra rolls and too many hairs in the bath tub to count.

• Stayed March 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
First, I would like to apologize for your recent experience with us. The Sheraton Miami Airport prides itself on high Guest Satisfaction Scores we regularly receive as it relates especially to cleanliness and levels of service. It is something within our Hotel Culture that is evaluated across the board and at every level of staffing daily. With that said, I would personally like to invite you to stay with us again, the next time you visit Miami for any reason. Thank you for your comments, we will utilize them in an effort to continue to provide excellence at every turn.
Ft. Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We chose this hotel for its location. Right next to the Miami Airport. The meeting rooms were all on one floor. Ours was a one day meeting so it was perfect. It is a package hotel so all the snacks, coffee, water, and soft drinks were included. That is the perfect way to go for a one day meeting. The managers and staff of the hotel were exceptional. WiFi is included as well as the business center which is located on the meeting floor. I hope to have many more meetings at the Sheraton Miami Airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

I held a conference at this hotel where we had 50 attendees. The rooms were nice and clean if a little basic. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout.
After the event the service was very bad. I have been trying to get i contact about missing Starwood points for spending thousands of dollars at this hotel and I have had no response despite a number of reminders with false promises of 'looking into it'. I have complained but had no repsponse!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank ChrisF83
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
I am very pleased that your meeting was successful. I am also delighted our staff was helpful with your needs. Our conference center principals focus on experienced team members who strive to make your meeting as productive as possible. I would personally like to research your rewards points and allocate whatever is due to your rewards account. I can be contacted at dberger@sheratonmiamiairport.com.

Thank you for your positive feedback about the recent meeting you had with us!