“A resort hotel disguised as an airport hotel””

Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
Ranked #31 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Coral Springs, Florida
“A resort hotel disguised as an airport hotel””
Reviewed March 28, 2011

Stayed at the hotel to meet a client who was flying in for the weekend from the North East. The hotel is literally on the door steps of the Miami Airport. I picked this hotel because it is conveniently located to Coral Gables which is so diverse in restaurants and night time entertainment. The hotel provided complimentary shuttle service to and from Coral Gables which was a huge convenience for us. I also wanted something right outside the airport that didn’t feel like we were staying at the airport. The hotel has a great outside pool area over-looking a golf course, river and the skyline of Downtown Miami. The pool area has a tiki-bar with a heated pool that we took full advantage of. The staff also was very attentive to our needs including the execution of a beautiful amenity left in my clients room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose
Reviewed March 24, 2011

It was overall a nice and clean hotel with comfy beds and ok food. But you should definitely watch out for your stuff in the room. I lost a ring that conveniently showed up in the most awkward place when I called to complain, and another co-worker lost a pair of shoes that never showed up.
And the location is very close to the airport but nothing else whatsoever. No restaurants, pharmacy, etc. nothing.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 25, 2011
First, thank you for your positive feedback regarding our guestrooms. My staff strives to ensure optimum cleanliness and comfort of every room for our guests.

I am relieved to hear that your lost ring was indeed found and is now in your possession. This hotel has specific lost and found procedures, and my staff and I take guest item recovery very seriously. We have not experienced any issues in regards to items missing in guest rooms. Hopefully, the integrity of our lost and found program as well as the honesty of my team members played a pivotal role in the return of your ring.

You also mentioned that we are very close to the Miami International Airport. We are in fact the closest hotel outside the airport, less than one (1) mile. We also offer a courtesy shuttle, should you need to go off property within a five (5) mile radius.

We hope that you will be our guest again on your next trip to Miami.
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2011

I used to stay at this hotel 2-3 times a year when it was a Wydham and it was the best hotel. It just changed to a Sheraton and I hope during the switchover they kept the same staff, the same customer service levels, the same ambience and the same beds/rooms. The valet and bell staff here were the best (extremely friendly, professional, helpful, efficient) and what impressed me the most was that even though I stayed here only 1-3 times a year some of them would remember my name from year-to-year. Great staff can make or break a hotel and these staff set the bar high. The beds were super comfortable and clean and the food in the restaurant was really good. This hotel was so good (as a Wyndham) that I once had business on Miami Beach during spring break and didn't want to deal with the spring break crowd and party atmosphere that instead I stayed at the Wyndham Airport Hotel and commuted each day instead just so I was guaranteed a great hotel.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 21, 2011

How does this place have 3-1/2 stars? There was no soap in our room, 1/2 a roll of toilet paper with no extra rolls and too many hairs in the bath tub to count.

• Stayed March 2011
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
First, I would like to apologize for your recent experience with us. The Sheraton Miami Airport prides itself on high Guest Satisfaction Scores we regularly receive as it relates especially to cleanliness and levels of service. It is something within our Hotel Culture that is evaluated across the board and at every level of staffing daily. With that said, I would personally like to invite you to stay with us again, the next time you visit Miami for any reason. Thank you for your comments, we will utilize them in an effort to continue to provide excellence at every turn.
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed March 18, 2011

We chose this hotel for its location. Right next to the Miami Airport. The meeting rooms were all on one floor. Ours was a one day meeting so it was perfect. It is a package hotel so all the snacks, coffee, water, and soft drinks were included. That is the perfect way to go for a one day meeting. The managers and staff of the hotel were exceptional. WiFi is included as well as the business center which is located on the meeting floor. I hope to have many more meetings at the Sheraton Miami Airport.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2011

I held a conference at this hotel where we had 50 attendees. The rooms were nice and clean if a little basic. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout.
After the event the service was very bad. I have been trying to get i contact about missing Starwood points for spending thousands of dollars at this hotel and I have had no response despite a number of reminders with false promises of 'looking into it'. I have complained but had no repsponse!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank ChrisF83
DavidBerger, General Manager at Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
I am very pleased that your meeting was successful. I am also delighted our staff was helpful with your needs. Our conference center principals focus on experienced team members who strive to make your meeting as productive as possible. I would personally like to research your rewards points and allocate whatever is due to your rewards account. I can be contacted at dberger@sheratonmiamiairport.com.

Thank you for your positive feedback about the recent meeting you had with us!
Guernsey
Reviewed March 12, 2011

I stayed at the above hotel the night before I joined a cruise ship. There was a courtesy bus from the aiprort straight to the doors. The reception staff (especially Miryam) were fantastic. The rooms roomy with all the amenities you would require. The bed was out of this world! SO SO comfortable (when i mentioned this to the reception staff they informed me I could buy it from the Sheraton on line shop - what a great idea!)
We had dinner and breakfast there (both buffets) and had use of the pool an sun chairs.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone stopping off in Miami.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends