“good for short stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #69 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 5, 2011

Just around the corner of MIA International it is a pleasant place to stop over.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,799)

Reviewed March 5, 2011

I stayed at this Hilton Doubletree property for one night while travelling intransit through Miami International Airport. The hotel operates a free efficient shuttle service every 30 minutes between the airport and the hotel. On arrival, I was met by very warm and welcoming bellhops of whom one assisted me with my suitcase. Check-in was fast and efficient, very friendly clerks. I stayed in room 613, on the 6th floor, very nice views through the windows. The room itself was incredible. Very large and spacious. Flat screen tv, coffee maker… basically all the usual perks. No minibar though. I found myself lucky in that I managed to connect to the free wifi connection from my room. I was told it was only accessible in (public areas) the lobby and restaurants, but obviously this isn’t the case. I ate at the restaurant for breakfast and dinner. Enjoyed both meals. The breakfast buffet was to a high standard, as is the case with many other Hilton properties I’ve been to. Ranging from French toast, scrambled eggs, cereals, pastries, sausages, bacon etc. Just $14.17 USD including tax per person. This hotel is the total package, conference facilities, business meetings, overnight stays while intransit, you name it. My only regret is that I didn’t get time to relax in one of the two swimming pools. I have found no bed bugs, fleas or ticks as some of the other reviews have suggested exist. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank BGIWorldTraveller
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed here before a Christmas cruise on Celebrity. The hotel offered transfer to the pier which was nice. Also stated that they offered free shuttle from the airport. After waitinig for 30 minutes we contacted the hotel and they advised we would just have to wait upstairs til they came back. They could provide us with no ETA so we took a cab. Got to the hotel and both the shuttles were sitting there parked. We tried to eat downstairs but at check-in we were told only the bar would be open for 1 more hour, it being 10 pm on a Friday I thought that was strange but didn't ask questions. We ordered room service which was normal hotel food.
The hotel is attached to the Miami mart which is just a junk mall.
Breakfast was decent but not well stocked. When they put out new food it was a dash to get any of it, turn over at the restaurant was quicker than the bus boys could handle. Overall the rooms are nice, but the hotel is to big for the current staff.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We were here for two nights before heading to the Keys, and enjoyed our experience greatly, especially compared to the mediocre Marriott down the road. The staff is pleasant and helpful; the only nice people we met in Miami were here, with one exception. The rooms were nice, clean, and spacious.

Internet is free and the fitness center was above the average. We didn't eat in the restaurant, as the cafe next to it with the buffett was so good and reasonably priced ($12 including beverage). The decor is quite nice; on one visit the team of bussers/servers forgot about us for a long while, but otherwise the service was good.

I really hate paying for parking, especially at a place that I'm already giving business to. But this is Miami, where it's the less-than-charming custom for just about any hotel to do so. At least here it's cheaper than most at $7/day. They didn't push valet on me, and the lot is right on the side of the hotel with easy access to the side door near the pool and restaurant; not sure what another reviewer means by a far away lot.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mzanders
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Got a smokin' rate thru Hotwire and then learned I'd booked at the Doubletree. Looked up the hotel on TripAdvisor and was a bit concerned by the reports about bedbugs. Actually found the hotel to be perfectly fine. Definitely dark interior that could use a major refurb, but everything worked (including free high-speed wireless internet throughout the hotel), staff was friendly and it's convenient to MIA airport. Would do it again for the same price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DFHoppin
Reviewed January 25, 2011

If you catch a discounted price in sites as priceline or hotwire is a good option for who want go shopping in outlets and also to explore Miami.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel on January 17 and woke up to see I had been bitten by bedbugs and the sheets were spotted with blood after I killed them. Two were small, about one eight of an inch and another one was much larger, about half an inch. The incident was reported, they came to the room to take some pictures and I filed a report. I did not expect this as the Doubletree was supposed to be a high end hotel. I do not recommend this hotel at all, as the personnel was indifferent to my complains.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Mcalibo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2011

I wanted to follow up with you to let you know that the procedures that were put into place following your report have been successful. This area of concerns has affected the hospitality industry, hospitals, private residences from multi-million dollar condos to private family homes. It is an invasion that is affecting the country, so individual reports and the immediate response from hotel management is vital. Health and Safety is our primary focus and is headed up by a committee of our finest departmental directors. Security and Loss prevention, Housekeeping, Engineering, Human resources inconjunction with Sales and GM.
We utilize the most current and affective preventive solutions to make sure our guests comfort is better than their on homes as we inspect and clean on a daily basis.
We would love to have you back and gain your confidence again.
Mark Calibo