We were put up in this hotel by the airline as our flight was cancelled. The check-in could not cope with a plane load of passengers and we were all made to feel unwelcome - and no chocolate chip cookies!
The wait for the restaurant which had a buffet, was over an hour, and they did not want to serve anything from the al a carte menu. By the time we got into the restaurant it was 9pm and quite empty even though the staff were telling everyone it was full. The staff were more interested in setting the tables for the next day than serving anyone. It was quite apparent that they wanted everyone to have the buffet food which looked very unappetising and as though some of it had been there for hours. Also, the buffet area was not very clean. We waited a long time, despite several requests, for someone to take our order. 30 minutes later our meal, which included a salad starter, still had not been served and no-one, especially the maitre d' seemed to care. In the end, we ate the 'breakfast' pack of which we were all provided with as the flight was going early the next morning.
The restaurant could not cope and did not make any effort to try. The restaurant is supposed to be open until 10pm but I think they all wanted to go home early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami