“Service and Shopping” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

You added DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   711 NW 72nd Avenue, Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Miami Mart Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #50 of 120 Hotels in Miami
West Chester, Ohio
“Service and Shopping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

Very nice hotel and well run. Located at the convention center as well. Nice shopping within walking distance. Staff was very accommodating and wanted to be sure you had a good time. Nice lounge in the lobby

• Stayed January 2016, traveled on business

SANTIAGO, Chile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was there because my flight was cancelled and the airline put me there.Everyone was very kind and helpfull. Dinner was great they have a wonderfull steak. Next time i will ask for the same hotel if i have to stay in Miami its very close to the airport .

• Stayed February 2016, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Überlingen, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Outdated and rotten interior. Very loud AC. Found couple of pieces of shell in my seafood spaghetti. Unclean bathroom, bedroom clean on the surface only but dusty. Staff with the usual American friendlyness, on the surface only - and what the heck shall I do with a cooky during the check-in ?

• Stayed February 2016, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hampton, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I travel for work and spend about 200 nights a year in Hilton Hotels. I frequently stay at this Doubletree for both it's close proximity to my offices and the highway as well and my comfort. My stay last week was very disappointing. After being away from my room for 13 hours I returned to find my bathroom ripped apart, shower tile removed, my personal items soaked and no notice. When I called downstairs I was told that maybe they had a room for me, then I was told I would have a room on the same floor (12th) and they would bring a room key to me. When the bellhop arrived he handed me my key while he was texting on his phone, when I say the numbers 222 on the key folder I said "I was told that I would be on the same floor" his response "She was mistaken" That's it, no other explanation, no phone call, nothing. The next morning I went down to the front desk and asked for the manager. The manager of housekeeping came out to talk to me and I explained what had happened. He told me that was not how it was supposed to happen that there was a room prepared for me on the 12th floor and I was to be locked out of my room so I would not walk into it. Too bad he didn't follow up in the morning or he would have known that didn't happen. He offered to give me breakfast (which I get for free) a free drink in the bar etc. First I'm not looking for freebies...this was a huge service failure that he was not making any better with those type of offers. I paid $217/night for that. I would have thought maybe there would be a note in my new room the next day, maybe comp my room that day, a call from the GM something, anything. I stay here approximately 10 nights a month! I hope that someone reads this and looks into it further because I know I am just one person and maybe they don't need my business but they should care about the bad service, poor communication, and lack of follow through.

• Stayed February 2016, traveled on business
Dunedin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at the Double Tree during the just-passed Magic City Comic Con. I first must say that, despite the tremendous crowd at the convention center and hotel facilities, my very clean room on the 10th floor was absolute bliss. It was very quiet and I slept extremely well. While I did not have much occasion to deal with hotel staff, the few times that I did I found them friendly and helpful. The food served at Impressions was, for me, either good or very good. In the good category I would place the chicken Caesar wrap (slightly dry but tasty) and their wide variety of food offered in their breakfast buffet (though the made-to-order omelettes are very good). As very good I would select their Miami-style Angus burger with Onion Rings (delicious and quite a large helping) and the chicken quesadillas (very filling and savory). There is also a Merchandise Mart located between the hotel and convention center. Though I did not shop there I mention it as there were a variety of shops. Overall, this was an enjoyable two-day stay.

• Stayed January 2016, traveled solo
portland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My wife and I returned from a great roads scholar trip to Cuba Jan 31, 2016. All went well with Road Scholars, except our departure charter flight was a few hours late so when we tried to check in at the double tree Miami around midnight there were no rooms left, oversold!
Hilton honors member turned away from a pre paid reservation!!!! NOT HAPPY.
They drove a group of us over to a spring hill suites and we finally got a bed
So we missed our early fight home to NC!!
A seamless great trip until the very end.
I was also disappointed with the local management in Miami re. the 3 day stay prior to our Road scholar trip to Cuba. We arrived 2 days before the 1st night that was included in the Road Scholar program.

It started off poorly with 5 phone calls over a one hour period for a shuttle pick up from the Miami airport. the time was around 9-10:00pm. I'd been getting emails re upgrading my room to a suite and a fee for the executive breakfast/ happy hour room. I replied ok.
Upon checkin we were on the 10th floor, hilton honors, but it was a regular room not a suite. We were there for 3 nights. Next am I went to the front desk, I was told i needed to speak with the manager who was unavailable. I left my business card with my mobile number. Never was called. I went back to the front desk manager was at lunch, I was assured she would call, never did.

We went to Cuba, it was a great trip but upon returning to the doubletree we were turned away. Not what I expected from Hilton, did I say I've been a honors member for some time.

BTW the Hilton honors customer service rep who answered the 800 number did apologize and offered a free night plus some extra points. She was very nice.

My beef is with the folks in Miami.
I have suggested that Road Scholars quit doing business with the Miami Convention center Doubletree.

Room Tip: the top floors