We stayed here everytime we visited Miami for over 2 years.
MY BIGGEST ISSUE..
Dog ticks and fleas trying to eat you alive on the beds. I have seen for myself, some guy with 2 BIG dogs, (not medium as written on the website) Dirty, wanting a nice groom, with ticks "vampiring" their skin... Other friends and colleagues told me abouyt this, they complaned in the past, but nothing happened.. This time we had just about enough.. cause there was one wandering around on my pillow (imagine if it got into my ear!!)
Some of the staff is nice and courteous, some have very bad manners, especially at the front desk and the shuttle drivers, these drivers drive like maniacs, feels like your in the fast and the furious movie... and they tend to curse at you when you don't tip or if you don't tip enough.
Housekeeping lady, sometimes on floor 8, sometimes 9.. Apparently hates it when the wifey is there, you get 1 towel instead of 2, room barely cleaned, soap thrown on the counter... I can go on for days....
The Parking thing, OMG, $7 per day.. are you guys crazy, and they guy at the gate wants you to pay $7 again before they 24hr period...
Internet connection is whack...
They only nice things about this hotel is the Breakfast, and the Miami airport view...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami