We stayed here everytime we visited Miami for over 2 years.
MY BIGGEST ISSUE..
Dog ticks and fleas trying to eat you alive on the beds. I have seen for myself, some guy with 2 BIG dogs, (not medium as written on the website) Dirty, wanting a nice groom, with ticks "vampiring" their skin... Other friends and colleagues told me abouyt this, they complaned in the past, but nothing happened.. This time we had just about enough.. cause there was one wandering around on my pillow (imagine if it got into my ear!!)
Some of the staff is nice and courteous, some have very bad manners, especially at the front desk and the shuttle drivers, these drivers drive like maniacs, feels like your in the fast and the furious movie... and they tend to curse at you when you don't tip or if you don't tip enough.
Housekeeping lady, sometimes on floor 8, sometimes 9.. Apparently hates it when the wifey is there, you get 1 towel instead of 2, room barely cleaned, soap thrown on the counter... I can go on for days....
The Parking thing, OMG, $7 per day.. are you guys crazy, and they guy at the gate wants you to pay $7 again before they 24hr period...
Internet connection is whack...
They only nice things about this hotel is the Breakfast, and the Miami airport view...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami