Stayed here before leaving for 1 week in the Domincan Republic. Reception and check in were great, and the cookies were yummy! Hotel common areas were clean and well kept overall. Elevators were obviously from another generation, but were in the process of being renovated. Our room (309) smelled damp and the carpet was wet.
Woke up at 4:15 am to get ready for our 7 am flight, only to discover lots of BED BUGS crawling all over the bed and padded head board. Ran into the bathroom to discover other bugs there as well. We captured a few in a tissue and went down to confront reception. Hotel staff quickly appologized and refunded our night's stay. Seemed like they knew about the problem......
I will never stay at a Doubletree hotel again, especially this one! Watch out if you are in room 309, or any room at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami