DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #49 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Toronto, Canada
“Bed Bugs!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

Stayed here before leaving for 1 week in the Domincan Republic. Reception and check in were great, and the cookies were yummy! Hotel common areas were clean and well kept overall. Elevators were obviously from another generation, but were in the process of being renovated. Our room (309) smelled damp and the carpet was wet.
Woke up at 4:15 am to get ready for our 7 am flight, only to discover lots of BED BUGS crawling all over the bed and padded head board. Ran into the bathroom to discover other bugs there as well. We captured a few in a tissue and went down to confront reception. Hotel staff quickly appologized and refunded our night's stay. Seemed like they knew about the problem......
I will never stay at a Doubletree hotel again, especially this one! Watch out if you are in room 309, or any room at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
los angeles, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

Perfect for an overnight stop. Great beds and elegant furnishings. Lovely bar/lounge area.
Warm chocolate chip cookies upon checkin!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Austin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2010

I recently stayed at the Doubletreefor one night. I arrived in Miami very late at night so I booked a nearby hotel in order to just get to sleep quickly. The room was very nice, especially for the price I paid. My only complaint was that the mall next door is quite cheesy, and the elevators need a lot of maintanence! (Which I believe they were going to start working on according to their signs when I stayed" I wouldn't necessarily stay their for my vacation. But for a business trip or if you are just stopping over for one night I would highly recommend it!

BONUS: THe cookies at Check-in are VERY delicious YUM!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night when our airline put us up after a missed flight connection to Peru. It's actually a few miles from the airport terminals, so location could be better. The shuttle departs from the hotel every 30 minutes.

Service from the staff was the highlight for us. They helped me with re-booking my Peru accommodations over the phone in Spanish. Free wi-fi in the room was also helpful.

My biggest complaint was the business center. The computers were extremely slow, and the scanner wasn't working when I needed it.

I'm very grateful for the help that the staff provided; however in the future I may try to find something closer to the airport if I have another overnight layover in Miaim.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
costa rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2010

I stayed here with my daughters before going on a cruise. The hotel is very nice and modern and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. We really enjoyed having the wholesale mart attached to the hotel. We did some last minute shopping and found some great deals in clothing on the 2nd floor and accessories and this helped pass the time in our quick stay in Miami. We will definitely stay here next time I make a quick stop in Miami.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed at the Miami Mart between arriving in Miami on a late night flight (that was delayed, and ended up not getting us there until 2am) and an early morning flight to Puetro Rico. It was a beautiful hotel; they give you a delicious warm cookie when you arrive and had a very nice (but not free...or inexpensive) breakfast buffet. Our room was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly (much appreciated at 3am). The hotel wasn't as close to the airport as I expected, and it's a bit more than what we needed for a 4 hour sleep and a place to shower. However, if I was going to stay in Miami for a few nights or a week, this would definitely be a top choice!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

My husband and I stay here for one night the day before we left for a cruise. It was a wonderful hotel, one of the best that we have stayed in. It was well worth the price, very clean, comfortable, friendly staff. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple