“Beautiful upscale hotel, great for stopover”

DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #61 of 123 Hotels in Miami
los angeles, ca
“Beautiful upscale hotel, great for stopover”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Perfect for an overnight stop. Great beds and elegant furnishings. Lovely bar/lounge area.
Warm chocolate chip cookies upon checkin!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin
Reviewed February 8, 2010

I recently stayed at the Doubletreefor one night. I arrived in Miami very late at night so I booked a nearby hotel in order to just get to sleep quickly. The room was very nice, especially for the price I paid. My only complaint was that the mall next door is quite cheesy, and the elevators need a lot of maintanence! (Which I believe they were going to start working on according to their signs when I stayed" I wouldn't necessarily stay their for my vacation. But for a business trip or if you are just stopping over for one night I would highly recommend it!

BONUS: THe cookies at Check-in are VERY delicious YUM!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night when our airline put us up after a missed flight connection to Peru. It's actually a few miles from the airport terminals, so location could be better. The shuttle departs from the hotel every 30 minutes.

Service from the staff was the highlight for us. They helped me with re-booking my Peru accommodations over the phone in Spanish. Free wi-fi in the room was also helpful.

My biggest complaint was the business center. The computers were extremely slow, and the scanner wasn't working when I needed it.

I'm very grateful for the help that the staff provided; however in the future I may try to find something closer to the airport if I have another overnight layover in Miaim.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
costa rica
Reviewed January 30, 2010

I stayed here with my daughters before going on a cruise. The hotel is very nice and modern and clean. The staff was very nice and helpful. We really enjoyed having the wholesale mart attached to the hotel. We did some last minute shopping and found some great deals in clothing on the 2nd floor and accessories and this helped pass the time in our quick stay in Miami. We will definitely stay here next time I make a quick stop in Miami.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed at the Miami Mart between arriving in Miami on a late night flight (that was delayed, and ended up not getting us there until 2am) and an early morning flight to Puetro Rico. It was a beautiful hotel; they give you a delicious warm cookie when you arrive and had a very nice (but not free...or inexpensive) breakfast buffet. Our room was very clean and the staff were helpful and friendly (much appreciated at 3am). The hotel wasn't as close to the airport as I expected, and it's a bit more than what we needed for a 4 hour sleep and a place to shower. However, if I was going to stay in Miami for a few nights or a week, this would definitely be a top choice!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2009

My husband and I stay here for one night the day before we left for a cruise. It was a wonderful hotel, one of the best that we have stayed in. It was well worth the price, very clean, comfortable, friendly staff. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Forked River, NJ
Reviewed December 6, 2009

Stayed here recently - I had booked for two nights but left after only one and stayed elsewhere. This hotel looks dated and older, and is located in a part of the city that appears to lack any nearby amenities. In other words, it if isn't directly at this hotel, you'll be driving to it. The hotel is attached to some sort of "mini-mall" or something, but when I checked in and walked over to see if there was anything there to buy to eat, it was closed up tight and kind of creepy. That left only the hotel restaurant and the bar, and after a long day of business, I didn't want to have to deal with that or the expense. So, walked outside (to find nothing) and wound up buying a meal bar at a nearby convenience shop in a gas station.

This hotel appears old. The elevators appear to be ancient, and one was not working when I was there "for upgrading" (hopefully that means outright replacement). The room was decent, but not impressive. Clean though.

You have to pay to park here - very annoying for a hotel guest, particularly one who is a Hilton Honors member. Then, you have to pay for internet service in the room ($9.95 for 24 hours), which has become a business travel "pet peeve" of mine - while many/most hotels now provide free internet service, why do some continue to charge like they're providing something special (particularly a large hotel chain)? This is hard for me to figure out in this day and age, and hotels should know they're losing customers for it. When you add in these "hidden charges", this hotel isn't the cheaper alternative that it appears when doing the research on the net (which was why I chose this place for business travel - the cost).

Checked out the next morning, and checked in later that day at another chain hotel not too far away (a Holiday Inn Express), which provided exactly what I was looking for in business travel - a nice room (bigger, two room suite), FREE internet service (wow, what a novel concept!!), and FREE parking (even had a guard traveling around in the lot, so don't tell me the extra charge is required for security). And, for a slightly lower price than the Doubletree.

Nothing really wrong with this hotel - I would rate it average at best. If you were staying near the airport, or had some function at this hotel, it would be fine. Just nothing special.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business