I was there for a conference July 2014. Our room was on the 2nd floor.
This hotel has changed hands many times, and is over 30 years old I believe. I live in Miami, and have never actually stayed here before until this weekend. The 2nd floor once you get out of elevator is dark and dreary and has a musty smell. My room was ok. Bathrooms were upgraded and nice. AC never got cold enough for me. Beds...yikes! horrible. Just weird, I think the bedframe needing replacing. I guess I prefer a firmer mattress. I asked a few others and their bed was not comfortable either.
restaurant buffett for lunch was excellent. $14.00 including dessert. Service was very good. The staff in the hotel is very good. everyone is very friendly and happy, which for Miami is a plus!. Checking in the staff was friendly, and offered the wonderful cookies. Checking out same..everyone attentive and friendly. Banquet: The staff, i have to mention that Tanya, was amazing. She gave us her cell phone, and was available and accommodating. Excellent. Peppin her mgr....excellent as well. They were there from 730 am until well...i saw them after 730 pm at our banquet. Food great at banquet as well.
Overall its an airport hotel, and the shopping is amazing ..GO UPSTAIRS..better prices. Its not a luxury hotel.
my title..well, I had stayed at a Hilton in downtown St. Pete earlier this year, and I was not impressed with that property either. I thought HIlton, esp dbltree...was known to be better...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami