I was there for a conference July 2014. Our room was on the 2nd floor.
This hotel has changed hands many times, and is over 30 years old I believe. I live in Miami, and have never actually stayed here before until this weekend. The 2nd floor once you get out of elevator is dark and dreary and has a musty smell. My room was ok. Bathrooms were upgraded and nice. AC never got cold enough for me. Beds...yikes! horrible. Just weird, I think the bedframe needing replacing. I guess I prefer a firmer mattress. I asked a few others and their bed was not comfortable either.
restaurant buffett for lunch was excellent. $14.00 including dessert. Service was very good. The staff in the hotel is very good. everyone is very friendly and happy, which for Miami is a plus!. Checking in the staff was friendly, and offered the wonderful cookies. Checking out same..everyone attentive and friendly. Banquet: The staff, i have to mention that Tanya, was amazing. She gave us her cell phone, and was available and accommodating. Excellent. Peppin her mgr....excellent as well. They were there from 730 am until well...i saw them after 730 pm at our banquet. Food great at banquet as well.
Overall its an airport hotel, and the shopping is amazing ..GO UPSTAIRS..better prices. Its not a luxury hotel.
my title..well, I had stayed at a Hilton in downtown St. Pete earlier this year, and I was not impressed with that property either. I thought HIlton, esp dbltree...was known to be better...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami