“No Eye for Detail and not freindly”

DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #61 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Check in lines always long. Valet parking and Concierge were great, and it stopped there. We ate in all of their restaurants and service was some of the worst I have had. Food was good. Gym is really good. The room and bed was good. Their staff was far short of any other Double Tree I have stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

First I should like to apologize for any inconvenience or lapse in service that you may have experienced. Our goal at the Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center is to not only meet, but to exceed our guest's expectations and in this case we apparently failed to meet our goal. Attention to detail is incredibly important and the foundation of our service operations. Thank you for your candid feedback and alerting us some inconsistencies that you experieced. I would be most interested in hearing more details regarding you experiecne in order that we may make the appropriate adjustment to enhance the guest experience. We've shared your review with our Food & Beverage team and hope we can invite you back to see our improvements. Please contact me at your lleisure at 305-260-8912 or via email at tferrara@doubletreemacc.com.

Again my apologies

Tony Ferrara

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I found the staff and the hotel to be top notch, the staff was especially nice and went the extra mile. The location wasn't the best, but I enjoyed the amenities and didn't leave the property. I think it was a great place to stay when you have to be at the convention hall that is connected. It also has the Miami merchandise mart connected to it. They gave me a voucher for a drink and appetizer, it was delightful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We booked this hotel on the Internet because of its close proximity to the airport, stayed one night and were we ever pleased. Great and courtesy staff, very helpful with ideas of shopping and shuttles. The room was large and very clean and comfortable. We had drinks and dinner in the lounge ... the service was great, food was cooked right and it was very tasty. Absolutely no complaints. We had stayed 2 nights earlier at a different hotel and the service was awful, so this was a breath of fresh air. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for a long weekend vacation in the month of February with a companion. I was able to book it for a pretty good rate through Priceline.com. The hotel for the most part met my needs for a 3.5 star location.

I was booked into a king, non-smoking room on the 9th floor. The room was clean and very large with the basic furnishings (desk, chair, drawers and LCD TV). The bathroom was a good size, with a shower that had consistent hot water at a good pressure. Nothing too fancy, nor below my expectations -- A large window in the front of the room opened up to the freeway, and although this hotel is very close to the MIA airport, you cannot hear the planes at all.

The lobby of this hotel has been updated with a very large bar and adjoining restaurant. I can't say that I tried either though.

In terms of attractions around the hotel, there aren't many. There's a mall attached, I think--but I didn't visit it, as I think it was tucked around a corner of the check in desk that I never walked past. The hotel is pretty close to West Little Havana, which has some interesting shops and places, but traffic on the 837 sometimes made traveling to and from Miami a bit of a schlep.

Overall, I'd have to say this was a pretty average hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mspikes82
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Selected this hotel for the rate , secure parking and the DoubleTree brand. Stayed one night before our departure to Costa Rica. Great staff, clean room and well maintained property. As close to the airport as it is I was surprised at how quiet the room was. We had the fish tacos at the bar for dinner. Not the best I've had but the bartender made up for it with a great martini. Next trip out of Miami I will use this property again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

This hotel basically needs refurbishment , if not for near location would have probably already happened
Rooms are tired , beds uncomfortable , general run down feel
The staff hold the place up they are a credit
Breakfast was very good

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2014

the arrival at the hotel was easy. Checking in had no problems and they wait for you with a delicious warm cookie. The beds are old, and it was hard to find a confortalbe spot. the room had a lot of dust, and they did not cleaned the next day until a called for service. I notice that around the TV and the desk dust was piled for a few days at least.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family