“long weekend in miami”

DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #65 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Arrival and departure were painless. Room was comfortable. Bed should be facing the TV set. Bathroom was good no problems. Did not use amenities. Parking was good and I felt safe. Not bad for the price I payed and the convenience of being close to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Had a wonderful experience, easy check in and check out. Very clean and comfortable. Location was also central to everything. Staff went above and beyond to meet accomodations. When returning to the area I will rebook this hotel again and recomend to anyone visiting the area.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at the Double Tree due to a missed connection at MIA. We had to wait literally 45 minutes at the airport before we were crammed in a van that had more passengers than seat belts. Although we did catch the van on the way back to the airport, it was full. If you are depending on using the shuttle, be sure to give yourself extra time.

The room was nice, although one towel had some mysterious red stains on it. The room did come with 2 free bottles of water. Prices at the restaurant seemed high so we chose to eat at the airport for breakfast instead.

I don't think I would plan on using this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

My apologies for any delay that you experienced in your transportation from Miami International Airport, I know how frustrating that can be after a long day of travel.

Thank you for staying with us at the Doubletree. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance are always welcome and help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis.

One note I should like to mention is that our property offers a variety of foodservice options at a variety of price points that are priced in line with the area restaurants and are lower than what you will experience at MIA. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future when your travels bring you back to the MIami area.

Please share any additional comments or suggestions with us any time.

Regards,

Tony Ferrara

Reviewed November 11, 2013

had a great stay - staff was friendly and helpful - easy access to highway - parking in the lot was easy. I'd recommend this hotel if yo neeed to be close to downtown and yu have a car- i think they also have a shuttle to the airport but we did not use it

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Nice rooms, huge beds, big TV. There is a iron and a board.
I had a personal issue with a group booking - I was the only one from the group who was not provided executive lounge and no breakfast included, although booked. This can happen, but when I tried to solve the problem - noone could help. I hardly managed to get myself breakfast, but no room switch, no excuses, no money back or any other compensation. What's worse - they did not really wanted to listen, instead kept telling me that this was the way I booked, despite I kept telling them it was all the same booking.
Housekeeping could not speak english, so it was a problem a few times.
Almost missed the airport shuttle (which is free, every 30 minutes), becasue bell boy forgot to call for it.
Breakfast is poor and you need to ask for a voucher from receptions if it's included in your stay. Otherwise pay in the restaurant.
Location is good if you are on transit or visit events at near-by conventional center. Otherwise, it's 30-40 USD by taxi to the dountown or Miami beach. Or you can go by bus - the stop is 10-15 walking distance. The bus is just 2.25, but it stops every 100 meters, so the trip douwntown will take you more then 1 hour instead of 20 minutes by taxi.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Everything from start to finish was terrible, if you don't speak spanish at this hotel they will treat you awful. The restaurant was priced way too high and the food was terrible. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Okay, most of my stay was fine but what was wrong, was very wrong! On the positive side, I found the bellman very helpful with getting my materials for the conference - Robert was exceptional and went out of his way to be helpful. But my overall experience was overshadowed by my bed being short-sheeted! I soon realized that the sheet only went down about 3/4 of the way to the foot of the bed, leaving my feet exposed to the top comforter, as was all the guests before me. I tried re-making the bed, but that only meant the sheet was too short at the top. Further, the layout of the bathroom was problematic. The bathroom door nearly hit the toilet and made using it difficult.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we are glad that we had the chance to serve you. We are also happy to hear you had a nice experience with Robert and will be sure to share that message with him. I should like to apologize,however, for your experience with bedding make up and the linen. I have shared your correspondence and personally counseled the executive housekeeper and the housekeeper; involved regarding your experience. I can assure that it would not repeat. We encourage guests to let us know if there are every any problems during their stay and regret that in this instance we didn't have an opportunity to make things right before you departed. We hope you'll give us another chance to serve you and provide you with a great guest experience.

Kind regards,