Nice rooms, huge beds, big TV. There is a iron and a board.
I had a personal issue with a group booking - I was the only one from the group who was not provided executive lounge and no breakfast included, although booked. This can happen, but when I tried to solve the problem - noone could help. I hardly managed to get myself breakfast, but no room switch, no excuses, no money back or any other compensation. What's worse - they did not really wanted to listen, instead kept telling me that this was the way I booked, despite I kept telling them it was all the same booking.
Housekeeping could not speak english, so it was a problem a few times.
Almost missed the airport shuttle (which is free, every 30 minutes), becasue bell boy forgot to call for it.
Breakfast is poor and you need to ask for a voucher from receptions if it's included in your stay. Otherwise pay in the restaurant.
Location is good if you are on transit or visit events at near-by conventional center. Otherwise, it's 30-40 USD by taxi to the dountown or Miami beach. Or you can go by bus - the stop is 10-15 walking distance. The bus is just 2.25, but it stops every 100 meters, so the trip douwntown will take you more then 1 hour instead of 20 minutes by taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami