We were exhibiting at a 4-day comics-cartoon convention so the location was PERFECT. When we arrived from the airport Wednesday evening around 9 p.m., I asked if an upgrade, as a Hilton Honors member, was possible. We were given a room on the 11th floor, thank you, Jose!
While checking in, the bellman also got our 2 FedEx boxes and brought them up to the room with our luggage. He was very accommodating and friendly. We also had a bellman take our artwork, banners, etc. to the convention hall the next morning - again, very accommodating. :)
The room was spacious, clean, etc. - no complaints!!! Young people on the floor on Friday and Saturday nights were VERY loud and security did come up to settle them down so I can't say they didn't try - they were soon loud again so unless a hotel is going to evict LOUD guests or call the police, peace and quiet can be short-lived depending on the other guests.
We ate at the hotel instead of getting a cab and eating elsewhere. The breakfast buffet was a very good value, $15.00 per person, with a good selection of fresh fruit, made-to-order omlettes, etc. Dinners were quite good with a varied selection - pastas, seafood, steaks, delicious chicken torilla soup, wedge salad with blue cheese (Caesar was nothing special, though). John was our waiter 3 evenings - thank you, John, for the wonderful, personable service. I think the restaurant was short of staff on Saturday evening, but we (8 adults) were seated and able to order drinks right away so waiting for entrees was not a major problem. After all, it was the Fourth of July weekend.
The outdoor pool area was beautifully landscaped, good water temperature. Negative was not providing towels so we brought them from our room and then had to go back up to the room and hang them to dry. Inconvenient, but doable!
Check out went smoothly mid-morning on Monday and we took the FREE hotel shuttle to the airport - a real plus for staying her again.
EVERYONE was very friendly, helpful, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Miami