We were exhibiting at a 4-day comics-cartoon convention so the location was PERFECT. When we arrived from the airport Wednesday evening around 9 p.m., I asked if an upgrade, as a Hilton Honors member, was possible. We were given a room on the 11th floor, thank you, Jose!
While checking in, the bellman also got our 2 FedEx boxes and brought them up to the room with our luggage. He was very accommodating and friendly. We also had a bellman take our artwork, banners, etc. to the convention hall the next morning - again, very accommodating. :)
The room was spacious, clean, etc. - no complaints!!! Young people on the floor on Friday and Saturday nights were VERY loud and security did come up to settle them down so I can't say they didn't try - they were soon loud again so unless a hotel is going to evict LOUD guests or call the police, peace and quiet can be short-lived depending on the other guests.
We ate at the hotel instead of getting a cab and eating elsewhere. The breakfast buffet was a very good value, $15.00 per person, with a good selection of fresh fruit, made-to-order omlettes, etc. Dinners were quite good with a varied selection - pastas, seafood, steaks, delicious chicken torilla soup, wedge salad with blue cheese (Caesar was nothing special, though). John was our waiter 3 evenings - thank you, John, for the wonderful, personable service. I think the restaurant was short of staff on Saturday evening, but we (8 adults) were seated and able to order drinks right away so waiting for entrees was not a major problem. After all, it was the Fourth of July weekend.
The outdoor pool area was beautifully landscaped, good water temperature. Negative was not providing towels so we brought them from our room and then had to go back up to the room and hang them to dry. Inconvenient, but doable!
Check out went smoothly mid-morning on Monday and we took the FREE hotel shuttle to the airport - a real plus for staying her again.
EVERYONE was very friendly, helpful, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami