“Very dishonest people from this hotel.”

DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #63 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed June 11, 2013

No honesty from the employees. I forgot my apple tablet charge at room. I call next day to stop by to pick up. The answer was...we did not found anything in the room.....I was furious because I new I left there...one 100% ..... The manage did not do anything about it. I will not stay at this hotel anymore..

Room Tip: No honesty from the employees(room services, housekeeper etc)' and very poor management. For me...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

First, I sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience during your stay at our hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the situation quickly. I have reviewed the security reports regarding the security officer's in-room search for your lost charger. We routinely retrieve hundreds and hundreds of lost chargers annually from our hotel rooms and return them appropriately to their owners, I am sorry that yours was not among them. Please contact me directly so I may assist you further in this matter - I may be reached by telephone at 305-260-8912 or via email at Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com

Sincerely

Reviewed June 10, 2013

The checkin process was terrible. I arrived in the evening at the airport and was told earlier in the day that the shuttle came every 30 minutes. I ended up waiting over an hour for the shuttle and had to call the hotel several times for statut updates even though they said it was on its way. When I arrived at the hotel, there were (no exaggeration) 2 lines of 25 people to check in because a flight had been cancelled. I waited over an hour to check in to the hotel. Other than the checkin process, it was a good hotel experience; however, after a day of traveling, it was not a good first impression.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

I should first like to extend my sincere apology for the inconvenience you expereneced during your recent stay at our hotel. We understand that first impressions can be lasting impressions and we certainly do apologize for the shuttle and check-in delays you encountered. I can assure you we were experiencing an abnormal situation involving accommodation for 200+ passengers from cancellled flight at the time of your arrival, but I fully understand your frustration. We are reevaluating your current processes and ways in which we can better deploy our resources. Again, please accept my sincere apologies and we hope you'll come back and see us again for a better experience.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

room smelled old damp and musty....dead roaches in plain sight in hallway upon arrival. Still there upon departure. View from room was horrible. Parking lot had a huge pot hole that you couldn't avoid scratched my front bumper.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kris A

First I woudl like to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and will work to make sure the problems are addressed. We'll also keep in mind your concerns about the parking lot maintenance so we works towards future repairs.

Sincerely

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is good for the price. However, it is not what you'd expect from a DoubleTree Hilton Hotel. The rooms are not fresh smelling, the A/C doesn't cool properly, and the corridors are not vaccuumed. But again for the price it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed several times at this hotel for meetings held at the convention center. Very close to the airport and Turnpike, this hotel had spacious and comfortable rooms; though I agree that the rooms might be in need of some renovation. Also shuttle service to the airport is frequent and reliable. We didn't use the spa, salon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. They property is overall very nice looking. The room was spacious but a little run down. I had gotten a good deal on the rate and was only there for one night so I didn't care too much about looks. The room was well laid out and had everything I needed. Room service was prompt and nicely done.
It is convenient to the airport. The bellman can set up a shuttle to the Port of Miami. The shuttle is only $10 and the trip to the port only takes about 15 minutes or so. I believe it left at 11:00am so you will get to the port with plenty of time to board.
Great hotel if you are arriving a night before a cruise.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My team and I had the opportunity to stay at the Doubletree for a conference being held at the Miami Airport Convention Center. It's conveniently located near the airport and easy access to the convention center.

It's clear that a good deal of money was spent on the lobby in a recent renovation. The quality of the design is well done and creates and open and vibrant atmosphere. However, the rooms were a disappointment. While they are very spacious, they are in need of a refresh- the carpet is showing wear and the mattresses are needing to be replaced. I was surprised that there wasn't an ergonomic desk chair. The bathroom is dimly lit, however, the bath amenities were outstanding. The hotel was very responsive when my bathroom light burned out and my guestroom HVAC unit stopped working - they repaired both items in a timely fashion. The guestroom corridors are also showing some wear.

This hotel has a lot of potential, especially if some investment is made into renovating the guestrooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business