One can tell that a lot of money went into the renovation as the lobby, elevators, and rooms are all top notch. All common areas look wonderful.The problem is the management - they are either looking the other way, or just don't seem to care.
The breakfast was good, but the service was horrible. I was looking for my waiter to get my bill, and he was stocking the buffet. Good news is that he had a food service glove on, but why is a waiter stocking the buffett. Shouldn't there be a cook, or runner to do that? I asked another waiter for a refill of OJ, and rather than get a refill, she walked into the kitchen and told my waiter, who then came out to serve the OJ. Talk about lazy, and a total lack of management.
The main light switch in my room also controlled the TV. Who does this? A light switch should control lights, not the TV. Again, no management oversight.
When I opened the door to my room, there were three fliers for local restuarants under the door. I have never seen three fliers, from three different restaurants, under a door in any hotel, let alone a full service hotel. I am sure this hotel has cameras, so somebody has to be looking the other way to not see three people wander their halls putting stuff under every door. It makes one wonder what else is walking around the hotel unseen. I brought this to the attention of the front desk person, who seemed rather uninspired by my revelation. I assume this must happen a lot. This hotel needs new management!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cancelon, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami