After spending 99% of my spring break on Miam's South Beach, I traded in the beach for an inland opportunity to take advantage of the Hilton's Double Point's promotion.
Made reservation online and got a okay rate. Lobby is very large, well maintained with an entrance leading to a wholesale heaven for those interested in perfume or jewlery making in the nearby mall.
My room on one of the upper floors faced the pool and we were able to check in early. Although the reservation's clerk could not put in my Amtrak number to get Hilton points (should be able to put in the system just like an airline, but oh well) he did attempt and had a good attitude.
King sized bed was nice & so was the bedding. Bathroom was clean, but the toilet was a little close to the tub. The lounge chair ottoman had seen better days and they need to either clean it or dump it, but overall the room was nice. Self parking is $7.00 and valet will cost you a little more. Did not try the on site meal options as we went into little Haiti & little Havana to have our meals. Good way to wind down on the way home from a great vacation (and take advantage of the points promotion).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The newly renovated guest rooms will let you know "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center's convenient location to the Miami International Airport (MIA) is adjoined to the Miami International Merchandise Mart and the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Shop, meet or just enjoy all of Miami from this destination spot. Situated by the Waterford Blue Lagoon Business District and offering easy highway access to the Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. This hotel in Miami, FL offers a beauty salon, a plaza of shops and gift stores, and 24-hour complimentary airport transportation to and from MIA Airport. The spacious over-sized guest rooms, 17 suites for entertaining and the complimentary guest room WiFi are just starters. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. The temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Grab and Go food favorites at Au Bu Pain along with 24 hour food service are surpassed only by the three restaurants/lounges featuring an array of culinary creations. Be sure to include a evening of dining on fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. Ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. Imagine almost 60 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 7,000 to 28,000 sq. Ft., Ground level exposition space of over 70,000 sq. Ft. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami