Very tired after flight from UK and looking forward to a comfortable sleep. A 10 minute taxi ride costing 16 dollars soon had us at the hotel. Reception staff very friendly and deserved an excellent mark. Once given the included Double Tree cookies we were off to our room on the 9th floor. Good room, plenty of space and a comfortable bed. The coffee facilities in the room were poor. It should have been good but the coffee provided and there were only 3 pods gave a very weak brew. Could have been much better. After a fairly average sleep awoken around 6 by so much noise from surrounding rooms. One sounded like he had a cow in the room with him. I hope he was just blowing his nose but hey maybe the cow option was true! This went on and on. The walls must be ultra thin to hear noise like nose blowing so loudly. This is not good in a hotel for tired travellers. Cant comment on breakfast as it wasnt included in the room rate. We paid over $200 so wasnt impressed by the high rate compared with the usual in the USA.
I have stayed in Hiltons before and always been satisfied. NOT this time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami