DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center
$117
$108
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$129
$119
Hampton.com
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$112
$93
$189
$159
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
$113
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$179
$135
Marriott Hotels
$110
$104
  • Bar/Lounge
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$124
$105
Cancelon
1,904 results
All reviewsdouble treemiami airportwarm cookiesthe executive loungeamerican airlinesself parkingbreakfast buffetlobby barroom was spaciousfree shuttleshuttle servicedolphin mallstayed one nightsouth beachriojacheckincruise
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really nice and comfortable hotel. Nice and big rooms. Nice pool area. Good service and kind staff. Value for money. I recommend it warmly to people who for instance need a one night stay near to the airport. Free airport tranfer. We will surely come back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place is a dump. It's desperately in need of upgrades and capitalizes on its proximity to the convention center. I recommend calling hotels close by to see if they'll offer shuttles to the convention center. I heard they are nicer and lower in price than the DoubleTree. The only benefit of this hotel is that it's connected to the convention center. Other than that, it is not worth the price. They do have a complimentary airport shuttle, which was nice. The business center is workable if you have to figure something out for printing. It's not closet to anything other then the convention center, though.

Also, I left a travel neck pillow in my room, called immediately after realizing it, but it "couldn't be found." Clearly a maid now owns it. This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine with hotels. If I know I left something and call within a week, you should be able to return it.

Note: Stayed in November 2011.

Room Tip: Airport view is nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

First, My apologies for any inconvenience that you may have experienced during the course of your stay at the Doubletree Miami Airport Convention Center. We're so glad you chose to stay with us during your business travels to the area and we apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. Refresh suggestions are always something we look into, however I should like to point out that our public area has undergone a complete make-over which started around the time of your stay in 2011, 16 months ago, and was completed in January 2012. I have received rave reviews on the new décor package. We continue to make improvements to our guest experience and hotel decor on an annual basis and I should mention that our over-sized guest rooms are second to none in the area. I also appreciate that you alerted me to the neck pillow that you left after checking out and allowing me the opportunity to follow up with housekeeping and security. Our security department maintains lost and found items on inventory for 90 days, so I would agree you should have no problem retrieving a found item should contact the hotel after a week or month for that matter. In the event that you wish to explore this further please contact me at 305-260-8912 or Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com . I would look forward to speaking with you. We hope that we'll one day have another opportunity to serve you.
Regards, Tony Ferrara

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Stayed 2013-01-31 to 3013-02-01 and planned to stay again in three days after work in the FL Keys. The shuttle driver was a maniac but did get six of us to the hotel in one piece. The hotel lobby was under construction and was a dusty mess. This was not revealed online and was an unpleasant arrival. To learn that the bar was a four seat area with no TV due to the construction was also very disappointing. The rooms are standard with a sweet dreams bed which is always nice. But, the bathroom had not been cleaned and the toilet was more than nasty. I took a picture and showed the front desk clerk who did get housekeeping to my room right away. As a Hilton Honors member, I am rather loyal, but things like this make loyalty less important. In lieu of staying here i changed to the Sofitel which was great!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
tony f, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

We're so happy you chose to stay with us during your travels to Miami. We appreciate your flexibility as we undergo some growing pains we were completing renovations to the flooring of our Tapas and Burger Bar located adjacnet the lobby which were completed February 2nd and we apologize for the inconvenience. Based on your review, we're working with our staff on ways to minimize construction inconvenience and improve our notifications to guests. I've also addressed the cleanliness concerns and shuttle services you had and can assure you this is being taken very seriously. We truly appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and value your business. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to serve you again and show you our improvements.

Warm regards,
Tony Ferrara,
Tferrara@doubletreemacc.com

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at this property for one night before boarding a cruise ship in Miami. The plus was that it did offer a 24hour complimentary airport shuttle - important for us since our flight did not arrive until after midnight. A lot of hotel shuttles end at 11pm. The hotel is somewhat dated but clean. I was disappointed that breakfast was not free, though wi-fi was. The location of the hotel is such that you are limited to the hotel restaurant - I did not see anything within immediate walking distance. Other than a gas station nearby, we saw no other retail/eating establishments within a couple of blocks - not a tourist friendly location. The pool area was nice as was every staff member we encountered. The hotel works with an outside service to provide shuttle service to the cruise port for a fee of $10 per person. This shuttle was on time, fast and efficient. The 3 of us in our group could have taken a taxi for $25 total vs. $30 for the shuttle, but the concierge talked us out of that, stating that it could be difficult to get a taxi at the time we desired. I don't think this would have been the case. There is probably a kick-back from the shuttle service to the hotel. The shuttle service did stop at 2 other ships 1st to let passengers out before arriving at our ship, but that is just the way it is, based on the line up of ships in port.

This hotel would not be my first choice if going back to Miami for a pre or post cruise stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing to stay with prior to your cruise trip and we appreciate your feedback about some improvements we can make to our offerings. We never want to be anything less than helpful and apologize if you felt mislead by our shuttle service vendor's recommendations. We've shared your comments with our Rooms Division Manager, the vendor and front office associates so this can be addressed in the future and can assure you that our intentions are to have honest and valuable suggestions. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Please contact me at your earliet convenience if I may be of any assistance.

Tony Ferrara,
TFerrara@doubletreemacc.com

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed here for a night. The stay was ok, the staff was very nice and helpful at the front desk and the cafe had decent service. The room was alright, but it was not cleaned very well and i noticed some chips on some furniture. The hotel has some stores with clothing in the plaza shopping area, so i did a little bit of shopping before i left. Definitely stop by the dress shop infront of the cafe- they had amazing stuff! I also noticed in the bathrooms of the lobby and by the stores that it wasn't very clean, so hotel management might want to look into better cleaning people.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business