This place is a dump. It's desperately in need of upgrades and capitalizes on its proximity to the convention center. I recommend calling hotels close by to see if they'll offer shuttles to the convention center. I heard they are nicer and lower in price than the DoubleTree. The only benefit of this hotel is that it's connected to the convention center. Other than that, it is not worth the price. They do have a complimentary airport shuttle, which was nice. The business center is workable if you have to figure something out for printing. It's not closet to anything other then the convention center, though.
Also, I left a travel neck pillow in my room, called immediately after realizing it, but it "couldn't be found." Clearly a maid now owns it. This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine with hotels. If I know I left something and call within a week, you should be able to return it.
Note: Stayed in November 2011.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami