We stayed at this property for one night before boarding a cruise ship in Miami. The plus was that it did offer a 24hour complimentary airport shuttle - important for us since our flight did not arrive until after midnight. A lot of hotel shuttles end at 11pm. The hotel is somewhat dated but clean. I was disappointed that breakfast was not free, though wi-fi was. The location of the hotel is such that you are limited to the hotel restaurant - I did not see anything within immediate walking distance. Other than a gas station nearby, we saw no other retail/eating establishments within a couple of blocks - not a tourist friendly location. The pool area was nice as was every staff member we encountered. The hotel works with an outside service to provide shuttle service to the cruise port for a fee of $10 per person. This shuttle was on time, fast and efficient. The 3 of us in our group could have taken a taxi for $25 total vs. $30 for the shuttle, but the concierge talked us out of that, stating that it could be difficult to get a taxi at the time we desired. I don't think this would have been the case. There is probably a kick-back from the shuttle service to the hotel. The shuttle service did stop at 2 other ships 1st to let passengers out before arriving at our ship, but that is just the way it is, based on the line up of ships in port.
This hotel would not be my first choice if going back to Miami for a pre or post cruise stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami