“Good MIA Airport hotel”

DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
Ranked #64 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here after getting our return flight canceled to ORD. We were stuck in MIA and ended up staying here. It was a nice find due to its amenities. There are a few restaurants to chose from which were all appealing.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at this property duriing a business trip last week. It was approximately a 10-minute ride from the airport, so great convenience. Pricing in this area is fairly high but once you get below this price point, the reviews and service at other properties is not recommended.

There is self-parking available for $7 per night and free wi-fi. Front desk staff were a little aloof but friendly and helpful. I did like that on-site dining offered several options if you don't have the opportunity to get out and about. There is a sports bar-type area in the lobby and a sit down restaurant nearby, both reasonably priced. There was also a pool area.

I found my room to be extremely clean, comfortable and large. I did not hear much hall noise during the course of the evenings and was able to sleep comfortably. I did not use the shuttle service but I saw that it was available.

I would recommend this hotel and will certainly use it again if I need to stay near the airport.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 10th floor and above are better.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Booked on booking.com for about £125 for a double room over the holiday season - good price!!
We arrived late at night at Miami airport and were irritated to wait over 30mins for the shuttle and when it arrived it was full! I called the hotel and we waited another 15 mins for the next one to arrive.
Lovely warm cookies on arrival which soon cheered us up!
We booked two double rooms and had an extra single in one of them. rooms were a good size, very clean and modern. Big tv, clean and modern bathroom, plenty of fresh towels and toiletries to add.
We ate at one of the restaurants for dinner and one for breakfast, normal hotel prices but with good qulaitty and choice of foods for all.
The pool are was lovely and large, plenty of sunlight as well as shady areas, secluded area not overly viewed by other hotel guests.. the jacuzzi was out of order.
There is a selction of shops at this hotel which all looked modern however we didnt require any of them.
Concierge was helpful with the luggage.
Good value hotel near the airport.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Double Tree was an excellent choice with friendly and helpful staff, very nice room, both in size and furnishings, overall an excellent hotel. We took advantage of the pool area and the kids really enjoyed both the pool and the hot tub. We would not hesitate to use this hotel again. The shuttle service to airport was fast and the driver very courteous.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I used to stay at this hotel many years ago when it was another brand (Marriott maybe ?), as I used to go to shows at the attached convention center. I always found the convenience and the rooms worthy of the high room rates. The room rates are still high, but definitely not worth it. My room was dirty: hair in the tub, carpet kind of ratty. My room had some maintenance issues that needed to be addressed: picture frames were chipped, bathroom sink stopper was stuck in the down position, fan in bathroom screeched terribly. Housekeeping for this room obviously were not doing their job as the coffee set up came with no sweetener/.sugar or stir sticks, garbage in bottom of bin. Definitely not worth the money. I would have requested another room, but by the time I discovered the problems it was after 10 pm and was checking out the next morning. I did let the front desk clerk know on checkout, but she didn't seem to care, I got an "O.K.", no "sorry for that" or "thanks for letting us know". Very, very disappointing, won't stay here again. Not sure what's going on with Hilton Hotels, but last property I stayed at (a favorite of ours) was really below acceptable standards.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What a beautiful property! Very clean. The food was fabulous. Very pleasant staff. I have stayed at one other Doubletree and I would stay at either one again. Pool area was nice and clean with photographic landscaping.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the prettier the view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Let me first state that I used my points to stay here for 3 nights. I have found that when you cash in points on Hilton properties, everything is upgraded. That being said, we checked in quickly, they gave us coupons for two free drinks and a free appetizer. They put us on the 11th floor which is part of the executive section. This includes a free 'happy hour' during the week. We could also enjoy breakfast there or go to the main dining room. I would recommend going to the main dining room as there were more choices. The room was very nice and clean. The sheets were so soft, we slept really hard.

They are doing construction on the front of the building, but there is someone to direct you to a parking area. We had to pay $7 parking/day. On the last day I convinced the parking attendant that we were going to be leaving very early the next day and couldn't we just pay $5. He let us.

Room Tip: The hotel is right next to the airport and our room overlooked the airport. We didnt' have any...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple