DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,866 results
All reviewsdouble treemiami airportwarm cookiesthe executive loungeamerican airlinesself parkinglobby barbreakfast buffetroom was spaciousshuttle servicefree shuttledolphin mallsouth beachriojacheckincruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Stayed here just one night before heading to Exuma, Bahamas. It is an exceptional Doubletree, very nicely appointed, great bar and restaurant. Transportation to airport was convenient and on time. Highly recommended. Way better than the Sofitel.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 24, 2012

The room itself was simple but comfortable. The bathroom looked like it was time to renovate (years of dirt collected in the caulking along wall and tub edges). The stay was ruined, however, by the room service, or should I say the LACK of room service. I filled out the card to have my breakfast delivered between 6:00 and 6:15 so that I would be able to leave at 6:45 for my meeting. I received a call from room service at 6:30 telling me that they were running behind. UNACCEPTABLE! That left me no time to even find breakfast.
Here's the kicker...the exact same thing happened to me 6 months earlier at the same hotel.
I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. No apologies were offered and they seemed to act as if it never happened.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Mcalibo, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

Thank you for writing your review. Firstly, let me appologize to you personally.
Room Service is our main focus. I would not contest your overview we are in a transforamce stage. We recently open the Miami Airport Convention Center next to DoubelTree by Hilton.
Our past history has been catered to airport transcient and low demand. Over April 24 dates we we sold out to group and did not adjust to meet the demand properly. This affect you and that is why I'm personally writing this reply. Our intention is to service you and your need as such. Training and service are in place and proper staff will be monitored for high impact days.

It wasn't oversight and was in fact too high of demand for our room service (period).

If you chose to try us once again... I would be happy to comp your room service for breakfast for each day of you next stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Just finished 1 night in this hotel-definitely a sub-par Doubletree. Website claims it is 3/4 mile from the airport-that might be true if you are a bird, however, for us humans, it's another story. Shuttle only runs every 1/2 hour, so that is a wait right there. Hotel is in the middle of nowhere attached to a run-down strip mall, though if you are in the market for cheap tacky jewelry, this is the place for you. AC in the room was anemic-never reached the 63 I had it set at. Chair in the room for the desk is too small & too low to the ground to be able to work comfortably. Bathroom is typical Hilton-small & cramped. Walls in the rooms are paper thin-people next door were having quite a party, by the sounds of it. Also, despite signs saying it was a non-smoking floor, clearly that went on, in the rooms as well as the club lounge down the hall. 6 housekeepers cleaning rooms on my floor at 8 am-all w/room doors wide open so they can chat/yell to each other in Spanish; ugh! Don't bother ordering breakfast off the menu-you'll get what they decide to bring you, not what you ask for. Even though shuttle was completely full for the ride back to the airport, w/no room for additional passengers (it's a 10 seat van, btw-no standing room), we had to wait while the driver chatted & high-fived w/the other bellman, then cleaned out the trash from the van before we could leave. Will not be back. This is the 2nd sub-par Doubletree I've come across in less than 2 weeks-I don't understand how or why Hilton allows this to continue as this kind of thing only harms the brand & will drive business away.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed overnight in the double tree, following a flight from the UK, as our flight to Belize was the next day. A comfortable hotel, with all the necessary amemities. The staff on the reception desk were most helpful and the shops in the mall very good, with an ATM avaiable. The taxi trip to the nearest mall to have an evening meal, was quite expensive. The shuttle bus to the international airport was good and on time

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We needed a quick stopover in Miami between Atlanta and South America. This was perfect...the shuttle whisked us from the airport to this large elegantly appointed facility where the professional staff accommodated our needs. The room was marvelous, new, clean and tastefully decorated. We had dinner in the lounge, enjoying a wonderful local take on mahi-mahi fish tacos. The next morning we enjoyed the super well stocked breakfast bar, and then that same efficient shuttle wisked us back out. All very well done.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple