The slowest in-room wi-fi in existence means frustration trying to connect to the internet and access e-mails. But the staff in reception seemed to know all about this and simply shrugged their shoulders. It's just the way it is at Doubletree by Hilton.
It's difficult to get a taxi and because of the hotel's inaccessible location if you can't escape you're stuck with just one restaurant and a pub.At 7pm I waited 25 minutes for a taxi,then abandoned it and ordered room service. I was told my order would take 35 minutes to arrive but it arrived just short of an hour later.
The hotel offers a shuttle service from the airport. I waited 50 minutes for it, made two calls and each time was told it was on its way and would be there in 5-10 minutes. A colleague, arriving a day later, had an even worse experience waiting over an hour and called the hotel three times.
At least the housekeeping staff are pleasant, efficient and courteous. They certainly care more than the bell captain or front of house staff but if the hotel continues to deliver such appalling service they won't have too many rooms to tidy up in future.
There certainly are better hotels to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "It's So Miami"! From business to pleasure the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Miami Airport & Convention Center is minutes to the Miami International Airport (MIA), connected to the Miami International Merchandise Mart – a wholesale / retail experience offering exceptional savings and is the home of the Miami Airport Convention Center (MACC). Business travelers enjoy the convenient location to the Blue Lagoon and Doral business parks and guests traveling for leisure love this same location for its easy highway access allowing for them to visit the many sites of Miami and South Florida including Downtown attractions, Coconut Grove shopping and South Beach nightlife. Complimentary, Wi-Fi with video streaming speeds, 24-hour complimentary airport transportation, 5 dining options from fine steaks and fresh Florida seafood at Rioja Grille to the Fresh Market Grab and Go. With 24 room service travelers never go hungry. The plaza of shops, multitude of gift stores and even a beauty salon/spa are just another reason to visit. Be sure to visit the large fitness facility, featuring locker rooms, state-of-the-art cardio vascular equipment and even an area for a game of basketball. Set in a tropical garden environment the temperature controlled outdoor pool and whirlpool is a great choice to relax and/or visit friends and family. Bring together groups from 10 to 6000 at the MACC. Consider hosting a meeting in this Miami, Florida hotel's 172,000 sq. ft. Of modern meeting and tradeshow space. With 50 individual meeting rooms including boardrooms, multiple ballrooms from 6,000 to 28,000 sq. ft., Ground level exposition space of over 76,000 sq. ft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton & Miami Airport Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton And Miami Airport Convention Center
- Doubletree By Hilton & Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Doubletree Miami Mart Airport Hotel
- Miami Mart
- Sheraton Mart Hotel
- Sheraton Miami