“Did not even checked in!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Miami

Motel 6 Miami
Ranked #81 of 121 Hotels in Miami
São Luís, Maranhao, Brazil
“Did not even checked in!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

It was one of the worst hotel experiences that I had in my life, couldn't past the check in! The hotel is terrible, looks old and dangerous! Got there a little bit late and I was really impressed (in a bad way) with the reception. I really don't recommend it!

Room Tip: I really don't know it, I wasn't so unlucky!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Bruno P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Czech first
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

First, the hallways were covered with some sort of tarp that made a horrendous noise the minute anything walked or rolled on it. Yes the motel is going through some sort of renovation. I did not sleep most of the night because of the constant noise in the hallway.
Second, there was no hot water in the morning for my shower. At check out I asked the desk clerk/manager for a discount because of the noise and no hot water and was told by said clerk/manager that no one else has complained about the water and that I did not know how to use a shower. I told him not to insult my intelligence with such comments. this exchange went on for several minutes and ended when I offered to have him show me how a shower works, which of course he had no intention of doing. By this time I decided to cancel our return reservation.
There will be NO returning to this motel and social media is pretty powerful.

Room Tip: Overall was a bad motel. The room was 98.00 but they post in the motel that rooms are 199.00 and up...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce C
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The room was renovated with a nice kingsize bed and a small desk and chair. A/C was working but really loud. Wifi worked pretty good but you have to log in every day. Parking is free.
The only negative I can mention is that there is no hair dryer in the bathroom. And it was really loud from outside.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank AndreaB22071779
Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I made a reservation November 1, 2013 with 800/4motel6 and received a confirmed rate of $40.50 / aarp for march 5, 2014. when I arrived by taxi, the front desk and manager refused -- under any circumstances -- to honor the rate, even when told by corporate to do so... it seems that franchise owned properties can make their own "rules" and need not abide by corporate standards, rates or courtesy... very unpleasant experience!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank AngelaAlaska
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

hotel staff very good/helpful...recommended excellent resturaunts across the street. this place is close to airport, 1 block to on ramp for 75 heading to tampa bay-very handy! wifi, clean room. all basic nessessities for a very good price..

Room Tip: my room faced the busy street and I did not hear any noise..I think any room u get for the cost is w...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The place was under construction when we were there, but it did affect our stay - not loud or dirty in the room.
Rooms are simple and clean. No hairdryers.
Coin laundry came in handy.
Front desk is ripping the people with the taxi. We needed a taxi to take us to a club and had front desk call it for us. Taxi kept not arriving, they kept pretending to call it. In the meantime we watched a lot of taxis come and go, but it was never for us. Eventually one of the staff offered to drive us (it was very close). Because we had waited so long, we had to pay a hefty cover charge at the club.
Next morning we needed a taxi to the port. Again they "called" a taxi and again we waited. We kept asking what is going on and they kept pretending to call and tell us 5 more minutes. After 1.5 hours my husband walked outside and flagged a taxi in (less than 1 minute). Taxi told us it is because they are calling friends instead of the legit taxi number. Beware!
If you are looking for a very affordable motel, this is a great deal for your money. Be sure to have your own transportation or be able to call for a taxi with your own device.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blitzpacker
Rumney, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

As we pulled up to the Motel we were a little scared as the outside was looking pretty bad, but really I think it was part of their renovation. The room was clean an updated, even though it was an unusual style. The hotel didn't feel very safe, but for our one night stay it was acceptable. I wouldn't stay here if I was on vacation or if I was staying for more than one night, but for a layover between flights it was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple